Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins Televised in Bethany Beach?

MisterPinstripe

Going to Bethany Beach at the beginning of September which means will be gone for the opening game against the Vikings. My question is are the Redskin games televised their locally? And if not, where are some sports bars I can get to to watch the game? Bethany isnt far from Maryland border, only a few minutes drive, so I am hoping there is something nearby.

Going to Bethany Beach at the beginning of September which means will be gone for the opening game against the Vikings. My question is are the Redskin games televised their locally? And if not, where are some sports bars I can get to to watch the game? Bethany isnt far from Maryland border, only a few minutes drive, so I am hoping there is something nearby.

The Vikings game is on Monday Night Football so it will be televised. I'm not sure about Bethany but Ocean City seems to be equally Redskins, Ravens and Eagles country so I'm not sure if they show all the Skins games. The Greene Turtle in Ocean City is a good place to watch games.

I go there a lot, and they play ravens games over redskins games... I remember being frustrated that I couldn't see some games. Best bet is to go to a sports bar in Dewey Beach or Ocean City if it's not on.

Well, at least the opening game for us is a Monday night game, so the odds are a lot higher it will be played. I am mainly worried that they wont have the stations for it.

Bethany's changed a lot... overgrown, but it's still a nice place. You could always catch the 'skins on the local fox in the old days. I think you'll be okay. Ravens would be on the other channel. If you prefer seeing it in a sports bar I can't imagine it not playing on at least one tv.

I grew up in Ocean View, which is right next to Bethany and go back "home" to visit family every month or so.

You'll be fine for the Vikings game ... it will be on ESPN.

If you want to go to a bar to watch the game, I would go to Magnolia's or the Cottage Cafe. Magnolia's is on Cedar Neck Road in Ocean View and the Cottage is accross from Sea Colony on Rt. 1 in Bethany. If have a few beers be careful driving, they really look for DUI stops aggresively down there.

Ocean City and the Green Turtle as mentioned by another poster are a good option also ... about 25 minutes from Bethany.

We go there a couple of times a year, including last Thanksgiving, and Skins games are ALWAYS on, although you need cable, I believe. It's one of those places that pull in multiple local affiliates, so there's a nice selection.

Enjoy some delicious Grottoe's pizza while you tune in!

The Vikings game is a MNF, nationally televised on ESPN.

As for the other games, there is always at least 1 bar in most cities that has NFL ticket. I've been dependent on that for the last 3 years, being in SC. Only game I've missed is the 2nd half of the SF game last year(they took it off the air cuz it was such a blowout).

I'm in Salisbury, which is very close to Bethany. They play both Redskins and Ravens games simultaneously here.

Ravens games shouldn't take precedence over the Skins games, because the Skins generally play on FOX, whereas the Ravens generally play on CBS.

I'm originally from Lewes beach, just north of Bethany. If you have Comcast cable, then you'll get WTTG Fox 5 out of DC and you'll also get WTAF Fox 29 out of PHI. You get both Fox affiliates, but WBOC - Dover/Salisbury carries the Baltimore region CBS programming. My mother still lives in the area so I still know the programming line-up. There are a couple towns just west of Bethany that do not have Comcast Cable. They do not carry DC fox. As log as you aren't staying in one of those towns (Ocean View & Millville) you should have Comcast as the Cable provider. I do not know who the RF (antenna feed) is.

Archived