Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: PFW chat tidbits on the Redskins

bubba9497

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12440

click link for full article

Nick Burtonsville Maryland: Will Mark Brunell's health become a problem for the skins and if so who will win the backup job?

Chris Neubauer: (4:11 PM ET ) Brunell experienced a career renaissance last year and played like a QB in his mid-20s instead of his actual age (he turns 36 in September). So based on last year's results Brunell should be fine, but he's a quarterback that takes a lot of hits and has traditionally broken down in his career. Second-year QB Jason Campbell and veteran Todd Collins are battling for the No. 2 spot.

Anthony (NYC): Who do you like in the NFC East?

Chris Neubauer: (4:39 PM ET ) 1. Redskins.

2. Eagles.

3. Cowboys.

4. Giants

Anthony (NYC): Is Santana Moss a top 5 receiver in the NFL?

Chris Neubauer: (4:40 PM ET ) Not top 5 but definitely top 10

************ updated**************

Bob (Miami FL): alot of people want to compare Sinorice Moss to his brother Santana Moss. But Santana numbers in college were much better than his brother. Taking that into account can Sinorice really be the player or even close to player his brother is?

Chris Neubauer: (4:56 PM ET ) Sinorice's numbers in college are very deceiving. He played in an offense that couldn't make up its mind what it wanted to do. But the few times he touched the ball, he definitely flashed talent similar to Santana's. But don't forget that it took Santana a few years to have an impact in the NFL and the same will probably be true for Sinorice.

Jason (Saratoga, NY): Just kidding on the 1 in 166 thing but I do believe the Giants will finish in 1st place. Keep up the good work!

Chris Neubauer: (5:01 PM ET ) The NFC East is so wide open. The only clear favorite for me is Washington. Beyond that, any of the three teams could make a playoff push.

to be honest, it is fair not to put Santana in the top 5. One good season does not make a players career. Do I think he'll be good this year, barring injuries, yes. However, Steve Smith was just as explosive, but also scored more tds than Moss. Also, Randy Moss just had a bad year, and TO is still a good receiver. Torry Holt has been consistent throughout his career, and Boldin has been the few years he's been in the league.

I say give Moss one more year and people will easily put him top 5.

how can u break the redskins single season record ur first season as a starter and not be a top 5 reciever in the NFL?

When Randy Moss, Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith are playing in the same league. I have no problem with people wanting to say he is top 5 but I don't have a problem with them leaving him out of the top 5 either. He is a hell of a talent and that's all we should care about.

to be honest, it is fair not to put Santana in the top 5. One good season does not make a players career. Do I think he'll be good this year, barring injuries, yes. However, Steve Smith was just as explosive, but also scored more tds than Moss. Also, Randy Moss just had a bad year, and TO is still a good receiver. Torry Holt has been consistent throughout his career, and Boldin has been the few years he's been in the league.

I say give Moss one more year and people will easily put him top 5.

agreed. no one is saying moss isn't a great reciever, and i don't think he was saying that moss wasn't a top 5 WR last season. just not a top 5 overall, which i agree with. honestly santana could be a bottom 5 WR, as long as he keeps scoring and we keep winning, i wouldn't care :2cents:

When Randy Moss, Tory Holt, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith are playing in the same league. I have no problem with people wanting to say he is top 5 but I don't have a problem with them leaving him out of the top 5 either. He is a hell of a talent and that's all we should care about.

he said top 10

Moss finished #2 last season, but that was his first year in the top 10 in his brief career. He cracks the top 5 again this season, then he deserve's to be considered one of the best in the NFL.

Nick Burtonsville Maryland: Will Mark Brunell's health become a problem for the skins and if so who will win the backup job?

Chris Neubauer: (4:11 PM ET ) Brunell experienced a career renaissance last year and played like a QB in his mid-20s instead of his actual age (he turns 36 in September). So based on last year's results Brunell should be fine, but he's a quarterback that takes a lot of hits and has traditionally broken down in his career. Second-year QB Jason Campbell and veteran Todd Collins are battling for the No. 2 spot.

I think Mr. Neubauer missed the point of the question. In fact, I am going on record to say that is the worst chat response that I have ever seen. It reads like something John Madden would say. Mr. Neubauer, we already kno w who is "battling for the No. 2 spot" we want to know who will win!

he said top 10

Moss finished #2 last season, but that was his first year in the top 10 in his brief career. He cracks the top 5 again this season, then he deserve's to be considered one of the best in the NFL.

I know he did. I was responding to the guys that were wondering how he is not in the top 5. An intelligent argument can be made for top 5, top 10 or top 15. Anything higher than that means you are a proud member of Brokeback Nation and consider #284ever a man of unsurpassed wisdom.

Sorry, 284 that was not a compliment.

I know he did. I was responding to the guys that were wondering how he is not in the top 5. An intelligent argument can be made for top 5, top 10 or top 15. Anything higher than that means you are a proud member of Brokeback Nation and consider #284ever a man of unsurpassed wisdom.

Sorry, 284 that was not a compliment.

I was agreeing with you :)

Archived