Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New video of 9/11 online now..

Air Force Cane

Part of the reason we took out Saddam was to prevent him from funding, or outright perpetrating THE NEXT 9/11. It was never about revenge for 9/11.

That's the part that some on the left still dont seem to get. The "war on terror" is not limited to a war against Al Queda/ bin Laden.

Emotional piece. It made me angy again. That's a good thing. Maybe we all need to be reminded more often so we dont lose our stomach for the fight ahead.

Part of the reason we took out Saddam was to prevent him from funding, or outright perpetrating THE NEXT 9/11. It was never about revenge for 9/11.

That's the part that some on the left still dont seem to get. The "war on terror" is not limited to a war against Al Queda/ bin Laden.

Emotional piece. It made me angy again. That's a good thing. Maybe we all need to be reminded more often so we dont lose our stomach for the fight ahead.

here we go again with the same lame ass crap :thumbsdown: why not put it in some other thread.

This goes for Chom too.

Chom is angry, and I think it's a pretty appropriate emotional response.

This wasn't a natural disaster -- someone planned it, someone was behind it, and he is still out there free. It makes me angry, too.

As for Iraq, I honestly think that the administration, rather than respecting it, USED the tragedy, heroism and emotional response of Americans to advance their predetermined money-grubbing agenda. I can't speak for Chom, but yeah, when I think about the Iraq war, I think about the supreme "slap in the face" disrespect it is and I feel anger, too.

I like your response better.

Or perhaps we shouldn't have poured funds to his freedom fighters in the early 1980's in an attempt to weaken the Soviet Republic. :rolleyes:

You know, it's rather easy to look back and place blame.

BTW - this video was a nice tribute - I just wish my ears weren't bleeding now from being subjected to Enya.

It was awful easy for the anti-Bush crowd to just look back and blame him.

It's odd. Every time I think about 9-11, I'm conflicted. On one hand, it is thus far the most hateful thing I have seen happen on American soil. I remember the fear trying to get in touch with family and friends. I remember my genuine frustration trying to get people to evacuate a government building and having htem refuse because "they had work to do." I remember htinking that they were really clueless as to what was going on outside the walls of where we were working. I remember and still feel saddness when I think of those who were hurt or lost their lives on 9-11.

With all of that, I stil feel conflicted becuase in my life time, I can't remember any time where the American public acted more like one public rather a bunch of disjointed parts. Partisanship? Race baiting and bashing (though much was expected)? General callous apathy? No, not in the aftermath. People gave blood, passed word of the well being of friends, volunteered to help even when their part could only be small. Some even made the great sacrifice of their lives to bring down another plane rather than let the disaster continue. For a little while anyway, we were the people I would hope we would always be. For at least a little while we were another generation that was able to pull together to do what needed to be done to preserve a sense of the America. In some ways that abominable event was a prelude to our generations finest hour.

In any event, I can't think about 9-11 with out both sets of emotions running through me. I'm a little saddened because the second part seems so often forgotten as we rush back to our unconnected lives where everyone is defined as either "us" or "not us," and we constantly seem to define us in smaller and smaller groups: christian vs. non-christian, Democrat vs. Republican, liberal vs. Conservative, etc. I can't help but wish there were a way without going through catastrophes to recapture the post 9-11 feelings of there being just "us" defined by a common experience which transends so much of the bull we often let get in the way.

I don't think Chom was taking away from the tragedy of 9/11. He was simply pointing out that almost five years later, look where we are now, the path this administration has led us down.....does anyone honestly feel more safe because of the actions Bush has taken thus far?

In the almost five years since 9/11, what have we as a nation done to not only protect us better, but make our own country better?

9/11 will always be remembered as one of the greatest tragedies to fall upon our great nation, however that doesn't mean we should blindly ignore the aftermath and where it has led us to this day thus far...

I don't think Chom was taking away from the tragedy of 9/11. He was simply pointing out that almost five years later, look where we are now, the path this administration has led us down.....does anyone honestly feel more safe because of the actions Bush has taken thus far?

ABSOLUTELY and without question we are safer today than we were on September 10 2001.

I am much more curious about whether we are safer today than we were on about March 19, 2003 (the day before we invaded Iraq).

Probably a better question.

I still say without question. I dont believe the war in Iraq has made us (meaning Americans living in America) any less safe than we were before. And since then, even more security measures have been implemented.

It takes 3 hours just to get through an airport now.

And the Anti-Bubba crowd too. But rather than placing the blame, why don't we all just remember back to that day and mourn the loss of innocent lives (then and now).

Agree 100%. But people who blame one side then turn around and defend the other for doing the same. More of the polarization of the bases....

As soon as I saw a guy here, threaten another from behind his keyboard and internet connection. It was all downhill.

I apologizd. What more could I do? I posted out of anger. I didn't think at all. And I know what you're getting at with the "behind the keyboard and internet connection" points. You don't know me. Apologies have already been handed out so don't start another argument.

Agreed, that first response really set the tone for the whole thread

August-1st-2006 04:14 PM

Again, I edited my post and apologized. I realize what I said was wrong. There's nothing more that I can do.

I apologizd. What more could I do? I posted out of anger. I didn't think at all. And I know what you're getting at with the "behind the keyboard and internet connection" points. You don't know me. Apologies have already been handed out so don't start another argument.

Again, I edited my post and apologized. I realize what I said was wrong. There's nothing more that I can do.

And you did fine. :cheers:

Archived