Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the hell does Dave Ortiz do that?

rincewind

In your opinion, are pat-downs at sporting events unreasonable, and invasive searches  

67 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, are pat-downs at sporting events unreasonable, and invasive searches

• Yes, they are unreasonable, and invasive searches.
    • No, they are not unreasonable, and invasive searches.
    • I'm not really sure...

Looks like 3 homosexuals. haha, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Ortiz is a stud, I could see it coming. And they had to pitch to him, with Manny on deck. Personally, I would have taken my chances with Manny.

Go SAWX!!

Sellin' out your Phils? For shame. :no:

OK, best Yankees vs Red Sox T-shirt I have seen this year. . .

A-Rod Sucks

Jeter Swallows

Damon Watches

:D

I thought that one was a hell of a lot more creative then Posada is a whiney biatch.

Here are a few more. . .

Little%20Kid.jpg

BlueWhoreFrontlight2.JPG

RedYankeesSuckFront.JPG

Yankees%20Suck%202006%20-%20Red.jpg

yhst-63078155599514_1908_2712853

72_1.JPG

I couldn't post a few others because of profanity ;)

OK, best Yankees vs Red Sox T-shirt I have seen this year. . .

A-Rod Sucks

Jeter Swallows

Damon Watches

:D

I thought that one was a hell of a lot more creative then Posada is a whiney biatch.

Here are a few more. . .

I couldn't post a few others because of profanity ;)

You know what I have to say to you and all your anger mangement problems:

p1_boone_all.jpg

:laugh:

seriously though, I don't even know who else you'd put up there..... Jeter? Manny?

I have less of a problem with a pitcher winning it than a DH. So how 'bout Lariano or Papelbon (or whatever that hosers name is).

I HATE THE ****ING RED SOX. :mad:

Here's where the whole "He's only a DH" thing falls apart:

SOMEONE HAS TO BE THE DH!

Every game, when the manager fills out the scorecard, someone on the team has to be the DH.

It just so happens that Ortiz is better at filling in that spot than anyone in the league. Would it matter if he were out there playing an average first base? No, b/c the Sox have someone that can do that.

Here's where the whole "He's only a DH" thing falls apart:

SOMEONE HAS TO BE THE DH!

Every game, when the manager fills out the scorecard, someone on the team has to be the DH.

It just so happens that Ortiz is better at filling in that spot than anyone in the league. Would it matter if he were out there playing an average first base? No, b/c the Sox have someone that can do that.

Yeah, someone has to be DH. But, that someone does not have to be MVP.

And yes, it would matter if he were out there playing an average 1st base - he would have won the MVP last year.

I have less of a problem with a pitcher winning it than a DH. So how 'bout Lariano or Papelbon (or whatever that hosers name is).

I HATE THE ****ING RED SOX. :mad:

Unless a pitcher has one of those 20-3 seasons like Clemens used to put up or an Eckersley type season as a closer, I am not a fan of a pitcher being named MVP. Just personal opinion I guess.....

Unless a pitcher has one of those 20-3 seasons like Clemens used to put up or an Eckersley type season as a closer, I am not a fan of a pitcher being named MVP. Just personal opinion I guess.....

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a big fan of pitchers winning the MVP either; that's what the Cy Young is for. But, I'd still rather it was a pitcher than a full-time DH.

The only time I would allow an exception is if someone put up RIDICULOUS numbers and nobody else had that great of a year. I think Papi is having a hell of a year, but its far from historical.

Would you view Pappelbon as an MVP canidate this year???

2006 2W 1L 0.51ERA 46g 29/32sv/chncs 53.0ip 27hits 3ER 3R 2HR 9BB 54SO

He has given up only 27 hits and 3 earned runs in 53 innings!!! His WHIP (walks and hits/9ip) is an astonishing 0.679. Opponents are batting .063 with runners in scoring position against him. He has a 9/1 SO/BB ratio.

If he finishes with 40+ saves and the same ERA/WHIP it would blow Eckersley's MVP season out of the water.

Eckersley in 92

7W 1L 69g 51sv 80.0ip 62hits 17ER 17R 5HR 11BB 93SO 1.91ERA 0.912WHIP

The only time I would allow an exception is if someone put up RIDICULOUS numbers and nobody else had that great of a year. I think Papi is having a hell of a year, but its far from historical.

Over the past 160 games. . .

60HR 160RBI 8 walk off hits, 5 walk off HRs, and 2 more extra inning HR in the top of the inning to win the game. That's 10 GW hits in extra innings or the 9th in a year. Put that along side 60HR and 160 RBIs, and I thik you are talking about some historic statistics.

Over the past 160 games. . .

60HR 160RBI 8 walk off hits, 5 walk off HRs, and 2 more extra inning HR in the top of the inning to win the game. That's 10 GW hits in extra innings or the 9th in a year. Put that along side 60HR and 160 RBIs, and I thik you are talking about some historic statistics.

C'mon Chom - you can't post stats that take into consideration last year. If he hits 60HR 160RBI THIS YEAR, maybe I'll consider it.

But - i'd take your boy Padame or Panda Bear or whatever the hell is name is over Ortiz right now.

C'mon Chom - you can't post stats that take into consideration last year. If he hits 60HR 160RBI THIS YEAR, maybe I'll consider it.

But - i'd take your boy Padame or Panda Bear or whatever the hell is name is over Ortiz right now.

He's on pace for about 57HR and 163 RBIs, which is in the same ballpark. . .

he gets 163 rbis with literally no one in front of him.. arod gets 130 rbis with jeter and the whole crew in front of him.. like matsui, sheff and now damon...

That knife cuts both ways - Matsui, Sheff, and Damon also steal a lot of RBIs from A-Rod.

Archived