Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles in trouble?

dfannyc

From igglesphans.com

610's own G COBB was at camp today and reported to Ray Diddinger of NFL Films that the the Eagles recievers are just not getting open at all. He said that the offense looks like it is only capable of dumping off to Westbrook. G Cobb, after watching the team closely, predicted the team is in very deep trouble unless they pull off some type of blockbuster trade for some real WR help. Ray Diddiger agreed and predicted that the current roster will NOT make the playoffs this year.

He also noted that Matt Schoble is a complete bust. He said he is dropping passes all over the place and even Marty Mortinwig mentioned that he might not make the team if he continues to drop passes. Ray Diddiger took the time to mention that Shchoble also posseses no blocking skills.

On a side note from todays camp.. G Cobb also noted that Reggie Brown hurt his leg (hamstring?) and that he thinks Todd Pinkston is cooked.

Now, Im really tired of the sugar coated camp reports. Why does it take this long to get a real report from camp? Most of us knew these recievers won't get it done.. why get everyones hopes up for undrafted players like Basketcase (who has been reported to only catch with his body and NOT with his hands.) We need real analysys.. not spadaro fed propeganda. I praise G Cobb for his honesty and bravery. He was very very critical of the Eagles recievers are even alluded that they could be the worst he ever seen of any team in his life.

I really am dissapointed that the Eagles have millions of dollars in cap room sitting there while we are in desperate need of WRs. If we don't make the playoffs because of the lack of WR talent then somebody should be fired at years end for blantantly ignoring an obvious need.

We deserve better.

What if things aren't going tragically? If after one evening of training camp all the players are signed and no one has had a chance to fail or the participation and skill level has been good... perhaps it is not pollyannaism, but simply reporting that so far, so good. Besides, it's one thing if Gibbs and the team are saying things are great. This other guy was from NFL Films, a neutral party. If Gibbs is saying we stink or the team after one day of practice... boy, would it be a long year.

Based on this report, I think the Eagles will get into serious trade talks with Dallas to reaquire T.O. Clearly, this is what the reporters are hinting at.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161669

Traffic is going to start heating up now that the slow time is over. Registrations are up. Members who'd taken a break are coming back on line for visits. The board will get hopping very shortly. News articles will start appearing multiple times a day in various publications.

This message is a simple reminder to EVERY veteran and every newbie here, THINK before you post. View at least the first page. Look for news articles or existing conversations. Think. Relax. Conversate :). No New Threads groups will be applied liberally in the weeks to come allowing you all to participate in the conversation, but not start them if you can't help the entire community out by stepping back for a moment before you post to assure what you are talking about isn't already being talked about.

Read the rules. This season will bring new records for traffic. Help all of us by taking a moment to read before you post EVERY time you want to open a new thread. It isn't too much to ask that you all spend five minutes or so flicking through threads to see what's going on. I know you agree.

For newbies or others who any member of the community feels may be in violation of this simple process, please link them to this thread and offer them some helpful guidance. Try not to treat everyone who makes a mistake as some sort of barbarian. You relax too :). Help us by helping members who make the mistake. That's not too much to ask either.

Thanks.

I"m not sure why it's so difficult to understand that "The Stadium" is strictly for Redskins news... and the "NFL FOrum" is for news of 31 other NFL teams. Mind boggling.

Considering the Eagles are in the Redskins' division I think it very much pertains to the Redskins. I think the Merriman vs Ware argument doesn't belong in this forum.

Considering the Eagles are in the Redskins' division I think it very much pertains to the Redskins. I think the Merriman vs Ware argument doesn't belong in this forum.

You're right. Report it so it gets moved. THis is a forum about the Redskins... not Redskins former players now playing on other NFL teams... or teams within the division.

Go check out the NFL Forum... I'd bet you'd find 90% of the threads about teams within the NFC. Coincidence?

This was better then the Who's faster D. Green or Rod Woodson thread...

it's not a bad thread, but it should be in the "around the NFL" section. You would have gotten more debate/laughter out of it if you had placed it there. People just want to keep the board clean and simple, especially with the season starting and enemy fans come around to troll.

This seems to be news. Not very important news if you ask me. Camp has been open for maybe 4 days with the Eagles. They didn't have good WR's when they won all those division titles.

Yeah, you're right. TO isn't very good. :rolleyes:

On that note, I apologize about the bad placement of this thread.

The difference is that one started out asking whether the Skins should have drafted Ware and dissolved into the Ware vs Merriman discussion.

Either way, this is a good thread just in the wrong place.

who didnt know that the eagles recievers werent going to cut it. i mean come on reggie brown a #1? doubt it. he could be a pretty good number two or a very good #3 but he wont be able to take on a teams top corner, sorry thats just teh way it is.

I think it's silly to declare a team done or cooked or anything at this stage of the game, wait until they play a few preseason games and have a chance to gel. I'm sure there will be gloom and doom predictions the first time Moss or Lloyd or Randle-El drops a ball in practice too. The purpose of the preseason is to get everybody warmed up and on the same page. Let that happen before you start making predictions.

I think it's silly to declare a team done or cooked or anything at this stage of the game, wait until they play a few preseason games and have a chance to gel. I'm sure there will be gloom and doom predictions the first time Moss or Lloyd or Randle-El drops a ball in practice too. The purpose of the preseason is to get everybody warmed up and on the same page. Let that happen before you start making predictions.

I'd have to agree 100%. This is the type of small sample that Lenny the Hut used to declare that our offensive line stunk and our offense hadn't improved.

Yeah, you're right. TO isn't very good. :rolleyes:

On that note, I apologize about the bad placement of this thread.

They only won one out of four division titles with TO, so the point is valid. That said, the rest of the division is light years ahead of where it was a few years ago when they were doing that.

Also, I very rarely go to the Around the NFL forum, so I have absolutely no problem with this thread being here....it's about a division rival and sounds like good news for us....

:eaglesuck

Dude buddysballs is right 100%, I was at the camp and everything he brought up couldn't of been more accurate. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Buddysballs is a troll on Eagles websites. He's the least credible source out there. Why don't you give me your camp report instead?

Archived