Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there is a God, then why is the world so F'd up?

SUNSTONE

I 100% disagree.

It is accepted that people will justify any sin, that is where alot of the F-ED up things originate. Man will justify any sin, i.e well this person did THAT so I can do just THIS, etc.

But, everyone knows when they are doing something wrong. I'm confident even the terrorists 'justified' there actions in their head b/c they knew it was wrong in their very own belief system, Islam.

You ever lay hands on the sick and watch them recover?

The Christian life doesn't revolve around what you can't do.

It revolves around what you can do.

Basicly, if you're not walking around doing things like Jesus and the disciples did, then you are not doing what you're suppose to be doing.

And not everyone knows that, hence "Not everyone knows wether they are doing wrong or not."

If you look at Acts 22 and 23 you will see this in Paul's own words.

On chapter 22 he talks about how he was a Jew and how devoted he was to that religion. He talked about how he voted to have Christians thrown in jail, and even excecuted. But then he says "Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day."

I believe that many of these terrorists believe they are doing the will of God.

Not all of them.

But you have to consider the fact that a man is laying down his life.

It's hard to believe that all of them don't believe in what they are doing, especially when they are laying down their own life.

Some confuse God's Will with pre-determination. His Will for our life is not necessarily the path we choose. He has given us free Will. Thus, as we are imperfect beings, we make choices that result in bad things happening. 9/11 was not his Will. It was man's Will.

I agree with you on things like maybe He doesn't want us to be a football player, or superficial things like that.

But God's will is the same as the Isrealites who wondered around in the wilderness.

He wants us to face our fears, our problems, and over come them.

He wants us to take the promise land, so to speak.

I agree with you on 9/11

Things arent that f'ed up, well they are, but one could easily say that things keep getting better. A progression if you will. Right now things are probably better all around the world then they have ever been. Even with all the violence of today it pales in comparison to the violence of the past. So smile everything gonna be alright:)

Basicly, if you're not walking around doing things like Jesus and the disciples did, then you are not doing what you're suppose to be doing.

And not everyone knows that, hence "Not everyone knows wether they are doing wrong or not."

On chapter 22 he talks about how he was a Jew and how devoted he was to that religion. He talked about how he voted to have Christians thrown in jail, and even excecuted. But then he says "Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day."

Not all of them.

It's hard to believe that all of them don't believe in what they are doing, especially when they are laying down their own life.

You need to read the koran to understand where the fruits are coming from

Not all of them.

This whole quote, even the excerpts from the Bible, you are using a very hardline approach. The strict interpretation can be misleading. Healing with thy hands, etc. I don't think that is reasonable to ecxpect from a Christian or any follower of faith.

This whole quote, even the excerpts from the Bible, you are using a very hardline approach. The strict interpretation can be misleading. Healing with thy hands, etc. I don't think that is reasonable to ecxpect from a Christian or any follower of faith.

What would be reasonable?

And when should you expect it?

The Temptations said it best "Money is the route of all evil"

lmao I never responded to this because I thought you said "monday". :laugh:

It's the "love" of money that's the root of all evil, that's what the bible says.

And basicly that just boils down to being selfish.

Perhaps there is no plan. Perhaps we're just God's laboratory experiment.

What do you think I'm talking about?

Norv Turners as head coach of the Redskins. :D

I definitly believe that God has a plan for us, just like parents have plans for their children.

God gave all of us a choice. Carlin's logic(joke) falls short because he doesn't touch on that aspect of faith at all.

Man's understanding of things compared to God's understanding are about as far apart as the Earth is from the stars. Trying to explain it with a simple anecdote doesn't quite cut it IMO. Saying 9/11 was God's will is a tough sell to most people, even in the Church. Try explaining it was God's will to allow 2500 innocent people to lose their lives like that. Go ahead, it's not that easy, especially to a non-believer. I assume I may find out one day but for today I have no idea.

I'm not worried about things like the tribulation, or wether or not the world was created in 7 days, etc.

What I'm worried about are Christians who believe that God wants people to get sick and die from cancer.

I'm worried about people who see a problem in their life, and believe that they can't do anything to overcome it.

People on anti-drepressents.

People that believe all this mess is apart of His will.

It is unbiblical to sit back and watch life unfold without having an impact on it the way Jesus did.

Shh.....that would mean Christians would actually have to "love" people instead of segregate themselves from the real world out there......thats a problem we have here in the US,...

i'm not saying all muslims are terrorists, i'm just saying that not everyone has the ability to make a distinction between right and wrong.

i used to work with a bunch of muslims (equal opportunity employment) and a few of them were real osama supporters.

I think people learn to supress the "ability to make a distinction between right and wrong". Even some are coersed, persuaded, or brainwashed into doing the will of others. In these people's minds, they feel that they are doing the right thing and thus make justisfications for murdering "infidels".

I still believe that everyone knows what is "right" and what's "wrong" because most people who do "wrong" ALWAYS feel the need to justify why they are doing bad things. C.S. Lewis calls this the "Natural Law" and I believe this to be true, that man is born with a certain sense of right and wrong. We even sense it at a very early age.

GC

People don't always know when they are doing wrong.

The biggest area where people go wrong is with the biggest commandment of all.

Love the Lord with all of your heart!

People don't realize how different their life would be, and those around them, if they would follow that one commandment.

Amen, once you learn to love your creator, yourself, and your family everything else seems to fall into place...

GC

Archived