Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If there is a God, then why is the world so F'd up?

SUNSTONE

I am not an every Sunday churchgoer. But when I do go, I usually give 50 cents if that helps.

EDIT: Were you saying that what Carlin was stating is wrong? I agree with him. If it's God's will, then what good does praying do?

I am not an every Sunday churchgoer. But when I do go, I usually give 50 cents if that helps.

EDIT: Were you saying that what Carlin was stating is wrong? I agree with him. If it's God's will, then what good does praying do?

There are a lot of things that are God's will that do not come to pass.

For instance, God doesn't want you to sin. But people sin.

The disciples had a hard time carrying out Jesus's wishes on casting out demons, and He rebuked them for it.

In the book of Jeremiah God talks to the people who messed up saying "I know my thoughts towards you, thoughts of piece, not war. So that your life would have an expected end."

You have to think of God as a mature parent who only wants us to succeed in life and make an impact on thew world around us.

Let me ask you this.

Do you believe that God wanted those terrorists to fly the planes into those buildings on 9/11?

Who's ever gonna know? Is 9/11 the triggering event of the Tribulation? Was God having a bad day?

I don't believe, as Falwell or one of those guys said, that we "Had it coming" if that's what you're asking

But you could sit around and talk about that question for days

I don't think it is logical to try to understand God's plan. I also think it illogical to not understand God's will.

We cannot worry about tomorrow or ever fully understand all of the worlds progressions. But, I firmly believe ALL menknow exactly when they do the first very little thing wrong. Basically, you know every little action you do has a good ansd bad component. Every person possesses this, our conscience. EVERYONE KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG. And they make that choice, with fully knowing their poor intentions.

So why are things F-ED. Well someone wrote what I firmly believe, it's a test of faith. You can't focus on the negative and simply end your argument there.

What about the good, amazing occurences. If one was to simply dedicate their live to God, than I would wonder if they than would see a more beautiful mystery.

Life is not meant to be without pain and loss. But God is always there with us.

And finally, how does this dimension even exist without a creator? Huh?

Every person possesses this, our conscience. EVERYONE KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG. And they make that choice, with fully knowing their poor intentions.

if i recall, all these muslims blowing up the twin towers and various civilians seem to think they are doing allah's will.

Every Muslim of credit that I know or seen has denounced the 9/11 events. Huh?

i'm not saying all muslims are terrorists, i'm just saying that not everyone has the ability to make a distinction between right and wrong.

i used to work with a bunch of muslims (equal opportunity employment) and a few of them were real osama supporters.

Who's ever gonna know? Is 9/11 the triggering event of the Tribulation? Was God having a bad day?

I don't believe, as Falwell or one of those guys said, that we "Had it coming" if that's what you're asking

But you could sit around and talk about that question for days

I'm not worried about things like the tribulation, or wether or not the world was created in 7 days, etc.

What I'm worried about are Christians who believe that God wants people to get sick and die from cancer.

I'm worried about people who see a problem in their life, and believe that they can't do anything to overcome it.

People on anti-drepressents.

People that believe all this mess is apart of His will.

It is unbiblical to sit back and watch life unfold without having an impact on it the way Jesus did.

i'm not saying all muslims are terrorists, i'm just saying that not everyone has the ability to make a distinction between right and wrong.

i used to work with a bunch of muslims (equal opportunity employment) and a few of them were real osama supporters.

That is not something I would take too lightly.

I don't think it is logical to try to understand God's plan. I also think it illogical to not understand God's will.

We cannot worry about tomorrow or ever fully understand all of the worlds progressions. But, I firmly believe ALL menknow exactly when they do the first very little thing wrong. Basically, you know every little action you do has a good ansd bad component. Every person possesses this, our conscience. EVERYONE KNOWS RIGHT FROM WRONG. And they make that choice, with fully knowing their poor intentions.

So why are things F-ED. Well someone wrote what I firmly believe, it's a test of faith. You can't focus on the negative and simply end your argument there.

What about the good, amazing occurences. If one was to simply dedicate their live to God, than I would wonder if they than would see a more beautiful mystery.

Life is not meant to be without pain and loss. But God is always there with us.

And finally, how does this dimension even exist without a creator? Huh?

People don't always know when they are doing wrong.

The biggest area where people go wrong is with the biggest commandment of all.

Love the Lord with all of your heart!

People don't realize how different their life would be, and those around them, if they would follow that one commandment.

I'm not worried about things like the tribulation, or wether or not the world was created in 7 days, etc.

What I'm worried about are Christians who believe that God wants people to get sick and die from cancer.

I'm worried about people who see a problem in their life, and believe that they can't do anything to overcome it.

People on anti-drepressents.

People that believe all this mess is apart of His will.

It is unbiblical to sit back and watch life unfold without having an impact on it the way Jesus did.

Some confuse God's Will with pre-determination. His Will for our life is not necessarily the path we choose. He has given us free Will. Thus, as we are imperfect beings, we make choices that result in bad things happening. 9/11 was not his Will. It was man's Will.

People don't always know when they are doing wrong.

I 100% disagree.

It is accepted that people will justify any sin, that is where alot of the F-ED up things originate. Man will justify any sin, i.e well this person did THAT so I can do just THIS, etc.

But, everyone knows when they are doing something wrong. I'm confident even the terrorists 'justified' there actions in their head b/c they knew it was wrong in their very own belief system, Islam.

Archived