Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wondering... Kornheiser Bandwagon for '06-'07???

cpayne

I wonder if Tony Kornheiser's new MNF association will preclude him from dusting off the Bandwagon for our upcoming '06-'07 run (you know, conflict of interest and all)?

For those unaware of the phenomenon that was the Redskins Bandwagon, or for those feeling especially nostalgic, check it out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/history/timeline/wagon/wagnfrnt.htm

Reading those old articles makes me so happy. It's gettin' me pumped even more for this season too. I'm sure someone's servicing the Bandwagon right now - gettin' it ready for its grand re-emergence. Someone will drive it, but I doubt it will be Tony - although he owes a lot to this city and this team.

I know it's been said already but, I sure have a feeling about this team much like I had in pre-season of our last run to a SB. Quiet confidence from all players and coaches, a sense of unfinished business from last year, what looks to be a favorable schedule, JG players withl his work ethic. Man, it's gonna be fun.

Tony K. will have to come up with some new stuff. Not that the Bandwagon wasn't special. It was. And it was great. But it belongs to a different time.

It is time now to see the Skins anew. That's why I really love the white one white uniforms. Tells me they have a new idendity, forged in the present, not in the past.

wow...that brought back memories. It was great to read those again. I love how he refered to Gibbs. Reminded me of a post the other day asking about your favorite Gibbisms. Here are a select few from the articles. Love the last one after they won the Super Bowl.

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Gloom And Doom String Quartet And Day Of The Locusts Chorale

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Worst Case Scenario String Quartet And Hindenburg Dancers

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Inevitable Psychological Letdown After Such A Big Win Orchestra, featuring Warren Moon's Run And Shoot Marimba Section

Coach "Joe" Gibbs, the Doyen of Doom

Coach "Joe" Gibbs On Any Given Sunday Any Given Team Blah-Blah-Blah Orchestra

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Two Blocked Punts Last Week, Two Missed Field Goals This Week, I Fear We're On The Road To Ruin Orchestra

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Didn't I Tell You We Weren't That Good Orchestra

Coach "Joe" Gibbs Everytime I See Buffalo They're Rolling Over Somebody And Isn't It Just Our Bad Luck To Get Them On A Dry Track Orchestra

Coach "Joe" Gibbs I Wish I Could Enjoy This, But After The Last Super Bowl We Went 7-9, And Philadelphia Has Cunningham Coming Back, And Phoenix Is Coming On, And You've All Seen The Cowboys, And We Know What To Expect From The Giants, So We'd Better Set Our Jaws Now, But Ain't Happiness Grand Orchestra, not to mention the Oh No, They're Coming After Our Coaching Staff Chorale

Guest GIBBSisGOD

Didn't anybody else read the column in the post this year after our Week 16 win against the Giants that Kornheiser wrote ... I still have it actually seeing as it was the first Skins game i have ever been to ... but in it he mentions the bandwagon of old ... you should check it out .. ill try to find the link a little bit later ...

Archived