Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Police: Cowboy shot after party

pez

Full story: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/072806dnmetcowboy.6d324a.html

Police: Cowboy shot after party

Davis initially said he was attacked driving back from a family visit

08:57 PM CDT on Thursday, July 27, 2006

By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas police said Thursday that Dallas Cowboys safety Keith Davis initially lied to investigators about where he was just before he was shot while driving on Interstate 635 this month.

Mr. Davis' initial account to both the police and The Dallas Morning News was that he was driving home from a family gathering in Shreveport, La., about 5 a.m. July 16 when bullets pierced his customized 1995 Chevrolet Impala. The bullets grazed his head and lodged in his leg.

Keith Davis

He was later released from the hospital and on Thursday was at Cowboys training camp in California.

Police on Thursday confirmed that during subsequent interviews with detectives, the Cowboys safety admitted he was at a private party in North Dallas for a few hours just before the shooting.

"All you have to do is pull my affidavit," Mr. Davis said Thursday. "That will tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing. I'm out here to play football. It seems to me that people are a lot more concerned about where I was and what I was doing than the people who shot me."

LaJuanda Lincoln, 30, who was in the car with Mr. Davis at the time of the shooting, could not be reached for comment.

"He wasn't in Shreveport," said Lt. Andy Paris, assaults unit supervisor. "I don't know why he said that. He did have a head wound, and I don't think he was as concerned about that as he was about his future with the team."

Click link above for full story

"It seems to me that people are a lot more concerned about where I was and what I was doing than the people who shot me."

Well jeez, Keith. Do you think that giving the police the correct story would make it easier for them to track down the guys? :shot:

Well jeez, Keith. Do you think that giving the police the correct story would make it easier for them to track down the guys? :shot:

that's what i was thinking, making it look like a "random" shooting is alot different than say a bad drug deal. before you cowgirl fans start getting all upset i was merely posing a real question and nothing to do with the fact that certain cowgirls (i.e. leon lett, michael irvin) are known for that. but why would someone lie about where they were when they were shot if they were not trying to cover up something???

Strip clubs, shot in two seperate incidents, lies to police, can't reach car passenger LaJuanda Mebodie.... is he trying out for Cincy?

Nah, he's just bringing back the old Blue Star traditions from the 90's.

Now all he needs to do is look into the camera and tell reporters:

"Same intensity... Same intensity... when the facts come out you report them with the same intensity" while wearing a fur coat and sun glasses.

Michael Irvin showed these guys the way to do it.

Nah, he's just bringing back the old Blue Star traditions from the 90's.

Now all he needs to do is look into the camera and tell reporters:

"Same intensity... Same intensity... when the facts come out you report them with the same intensity" while wearing a fur coat and sun glasses.

Michael Irvin showed these guys the way to do it.

lmao :laugh: :cheers: :dallasuck

Everyone around here knew something wasn't right. No way at 5 in the morning you get shot on the tollway and 635 area. That is a very nice area of town, and those things just don't happen too often.

Keith Davis.....already been shot once......5 in the morning.......635/tollway......and he said he didn't know why they were shot him......

Nobody truly believed any of that.

so whos going to be starting in the safety position?

Davis will probably retain the job in the beginning.

But I can see Watkins getting a substantial amount of playing time as the season progresses.

And if all goes well, he may be starting back there by the end of the season.

Archived