Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright ES'ers I need some input

KingGibbs

Alright guys I need some music input. I'm leaving for vacation this Sat and during the week I will be skydiving. Yeah I know I'm crazy. :doh:

Anyway, I will have the jump videotaped and they allow you to choose a song to play along with the video. Any suggestions? All smartass answers accepted. I wouldn't expect anything less from you guys. ;)

Due to terrible formatting...here is a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_on_the_Risers

Blood On The Risers

He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright He checked all his equipment and made sure his pack was tight; He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar, "You ain't gonna jump no more!" (CHORUS) Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, He ain't gonna jump no more! "Is everybody happy?" cried the Sergeant looking up, Our Hero feebly answered "Yes," and then they stood him up; He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked, And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS) He counted long, he counted loud, he waited for the shock, He felt the wind, he felt the cold, he felt the awful drop, The silk from his reserve spilled out and wrapped around his legs, And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS) The risers swung around his neck, connectors cracked his dome, Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones; The canopy became his shroud; he hurtled to the ground. And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS)

The days he'd lived and loved and laughed kept running through his mind, He thought about the girl back home, the one he'd left behind; He thought about the medicos and wondered what they'd find, And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS) The ambulance was on the spot, the jeeps were running wild, The medics jumped and screamed with glee, rolled up their sleeves and smiled, For it had been a week or more since last a 'chute had failed, And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS) He hit the ground, the sound was "Splatt," his blood went spurting high, His comrades then were heard to say: "A helluva way to die!" He lay there rolling round in the welter of his gore, And he ain't gonna jump no more. (CHORUS) There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the chute, Intestines were a'dangling from his Paratrooper suit, He was a mess; they picked him up, and poured him from his boots, And he ain't gonna jump no more (CHORUS -- slowly, solemnly) Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, Gory, gory, what a helluva way to die, He ain't gonna jump no more!

Its on the All American Chorus CD

KG, where in the hell have you been hiding?

I've missed you!

I'm jealous that you're going skydiving. Thats awesome. Be careful ...

Sorry, don't have any suggestions for a song.

Hey babydoll. I've been extremely busy and able to check in now and again. I miss my redskins family also. Thanks for the well wishes and I can only be as careful as my parachute will allow me.*gulp* :paranoid:

The Killers--All These Things I've Done

Not the most hardcore song, but I imagine that it would sound really cool on your video as you fall through the sky...I hear that when you finally jump and pull your chute it's actually very peaceful because you hear pure silence, no music, no AC humming no nothing...but my friends could be full of **** too, who knows.

I did the tandem jump three year ago. An experience you will never forget.

For the video, which they picked the song, was Living in Ecstasy by Rusted Root.

I probably would have used Kick Start my Heart or Learning to Fly (Pink Floyd)

Have fun!!!

I went skydiving a couple years ago and had a video made. The guy kinda chose the songs for me..."Nothin but a good time" and "Ride the Wind" by Poison. They played "nothing but a good time" on the plane ride up, and then "ride the wind" during the jump. They go perfectly with the video.

Archived