Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Giants Game only on NFL Network?

soljaofjesus

I was looking at the schedule on redskins.com and the last giants game. which is the LAST game of the season until we start our SB run :notworthy

and for the channels ... the only channel it says is NFL network! I mean .. are they gonna show it on other channels? anyone know? because I dont have NFL Network. How can this be! I live in Fairfax VA.. right near DC.. adn your telling me I have to have NFL Network to watch th final regular season game? Someone smack me with reality here...

sorry for the double postin the other thread

I'm pretty sure all of the NFL network games are on the local stations too. They are just hyping up the NFL network aspect of the games.

I'm like 99.9% positive the NFL network broadcasts have no bearing on the fact that they still are being locally broadcasted. :cheers: No fear!

I'd get my ducks in a row if I were you, just to be sure. See if you can't find a sports bar that would let you sit, or a Hooters might have it, or a Damon's.

They'll be places where you can watch the game, even if it's not on local TV (although I can't imagine it wouldn't be), and you ought to find out where they are, just so you'll be prepared for the worst contingency.

Just like Boy Scouts...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9363505

By NFL policy, NFL Network games will also be carried on free, over-the-air television in the city of the visiting team and in the city where the game is played if it is sold out 72 hours in advance of kickoff.

Fear not... if a local station picks up the Skins (or for NY'ers... the Giants) in preseason games in your area, you will see the game. I have no idea about the digital cable and satellite stuff.

Dude don't worry... if you live in the local broadcast area, the game will be on one of the local channels for sure... Redskins games that are on ESPN are also broadcasted on ABC in the Redskins local area for those that don't have cable... The same rule will apply here. It's in the TV contracts trust me you'll see it.

Newsflash: Sunday Ticket is carried exclusively by Direct TV, which also carries.......THE NFL NETWORK!!!! If he doesn't have NFL Network, he can't get the Sunday Ticket.:doh:

You literally stole the words right out of my mouth.....

It sucks for those of us who live outside of DC and want to see it. I don't have the NFL Network and only end up seeing those games that are nationally televised as "goodies." So it sucks that this game against the Giants is likely to come down as a possible, whomever wins, wins the NFC East and I dont get to watch it. Yes I am crying and I don't want to hear any of you give me any lip. Let this Redskin fan in Idaho sit and cry in peace. Any suggestions though as to where I may be able to see it?

Any suggestions though as to where I may be able to see it?

Any sports bar that has Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket. We just discussed this with the bar where our fanclub is. If they get the Sunday Ticket, they'll get NFL Network.

I'm pretty sure all of the NFL network games are on the local stations too. They are just hyping up the NFL network aspect of the games.

I'm like 99.9% positive the NFL network broadcasts have no bearing on the fact that they still are being locally broadcasted. :cheers: No fear!

That's what I heard as well.

The way the television deal is structured is that when games are broadcast on NFL Network the only way you can see the game on local television is if you live in the home or away teams FOX/CBS broadcast range.

In the case of the Skins Gnats game the only way you will see the game on local television is if you recieve WTTG FOX 5(Washington DC) or WNYW FOX 5(New York) broadcast signal. In the case of KC vs. DEN, I believe that's the Thanksgiving Day matchup, then if you live in the Washington DC area you would need NFL Network to watch the game, you would not be able to watch it on WUSA CBS 9(Washington DC).

In other words if you live in the Washington or NY area you are not screwed.

I was happy to see that the NFL Network came free with NFL Sunday Ticket package. Sunday Ticket is the ONLY programming I get thru directv, now in the offseason I have the NFL Network as a bonus to paying the what 239 bucks for sunday ticket.

NFL network will be rebroadcasting the 3 non-national preseason games the day following, so i'll get to watch them too.

Archived