Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, what's up with the Wash Post?

Burgold

Why so much Eagles' coverage in the Sports' section? This week not a single Redskin article, but three front page puff pieces about the Eagles all garnering page 1 status. A puff piece on Darren Howard? This morning an article about their receiving corp and how they are galvanized? These aren't even critical analysis pieces, they're team friendly rah-rah pieces. What's going on? When did we move to Philadelphia? Is there that large an Eagles' fan base here in the DC Metro area? Don't we go to the local papers for local coverage?

I would imagine its only because they are in camp. When our camp starts then we can judge their articles again.

That would make sence to me if they broke it up, spent a day focusing on various teams, but they're not. It's all about one team. I find it curious more than anything else... but if they were going to do this in the week leading up to training camp wouldn't it make more sence to focus one day on each of our rivals?

On the same hand, a puff piece on Darren Howard painting him sympathetically because he didn't like losing and was mad because he was unfairly franchised for two years in a row? Are you telling me the Post ran out of 'Skins to do a puff piece on? That there are no brewing issues about unsigned draft picks or team chemistry or the installation of a new offensive scheme that would merit a Redskin's article in the Post?

Snyder vs the Post. There still mad he pulled there season tickets.

Does the CEO of the Post asking for them to be shutdown? Does he not realize that this is Redskins nation and we all will boycott that newspaper if they keep there act up!

I thought the same thing this morning...I expected a little vignette of each team in the NFC East, but two articles on the Iggles in a row? Although I hate the Times for being a dirty Republican rag sponsored by the RNC, their coverage of the skins is much better than the post.

I hope you're kidding. Redskins camp hasn't opened up. Eagles camp has. Dallas and New York have not.

The Eagles are the only NFC East team to open camp yet. What do you want, articles on the Raiders?

Giants camp opens tomorrow and Cowboys camp opens the day after that, so expect plenty of Giants and Cowboys articles this weekend.

Then when Skins camp opens up, the Post sports section will become the Post Skins section.

I mean, what do you want them to say? Rocky McIntosh is the only pick left unsigned, and all indications are he'll be in by camp. Not much to write an article about. And any brewing issues about team chemistry and the new offense will be apparent after camp opens. I mean, most of the guys are still on vacation - what is there to possibly write. Even Joe Gibbs is only showing up today.

The attacks on the Post from this site are reaching absurd new heights...

"I thought the same thing this morning...I expected a little vignette of each team in the NFC East, but two articles on the Iggles in a row? Although I hate the Times for being a dirty Republican rag sponsored by the RNC, their coverage of the skins is much better than the post."

as opposed to the Post being a filthy Democratic/Liberal rag sponsored by the DNC?

It seems like the Post has finally stopped publishing articles that time and time again were untrue. Coincidently, they've almost stopped publishing Redskin articles altogether. Did I miss it or did they not even have anything on Chief Zee? Who needs the Post anyways, any news I get is either from here, redskins.com, or kffl.com. I think Snyder has already stuck it to them for trying to make the news and not just report it. As far as them doing pieces on the Eagles, I'm sure it only has to do with them being in camp now, they can't be that dumb just to try to get back at Danny. If so, let them keep it up and see how many people in the DC area keep reading that Philthy trash.

It seems like the Post has finally stopped publishing articles that time and time again were untrue. NOT coincidently, they've almost stopped publishing Redskin articles altogether. Did I miss it or did they not even have anything on Chief Zee? Who needs the Post anyways, any news I get is either from here, redskins.com, or kffl.com. I think Snyder has already stuck it to them for trying to make the news and not just report it. As far as them doing pieces on the Eagles, I'm sure it only has to do with them being in camp now, they can't be that dumb just to try to get back at Danny. If so, let them keep it up and see how many people in the DC area keep reading that Philthy trash.
Fixed that for ya. :D

ESPN and Sportscenter are doing the same thing by having Pastabelly Clayton and Smith all travel around the country covering all the training camps. The Eagles just opened first. Plus, as much as I hate the Eagles and everything about their fan base, I would rather read articles about them then some high school basketball summer league or an 14 year old aspiring Olympic swimmer...

I hope you're kidding. Redskins camp hasn't opened up. Eagles camp has. Dallas and New York have not.

The Eagles are the only NFC East team to open camp yet. What do you want, articles on the Raiders?

Giants camp opens tomorrow and Cowboys camp opens the day after that, so expect plenty of Giants and Cowboys articles this weekend.

Then when Skins camp opens up, the Post sports section will become the Post Skins section.

I mean, what do you want them to say? Rocky McIntosh is the only pick left unsigned, and all indications are he'll be in by camp. Not much to write an article about. And any brewing issues about team chemistry and the new offense will be apparent after camp opens. I mean, most of the guys are still on vacation - what is there to possibly write. Even Joe Gibbs is only showing up today.

That pretty much ends this thread. Plus all you whiners are already on Extremeskins (and Redskins.com), so why do you care what the Post writes?

I don't think it is that simple. The Post hates Snyder and is taking it out on Redskins fans. That article about the Giants middle linebacker, 'whats his name', just before the big Giants game was sick. I think it is time to start talking about a WP boycott. There is enough bad news on the front page. I've been turning to the Post sports section for 55 years to read some good news. I'm sick of their attitude. This is a Gibb's team and no other Washingtonian has brought more joy to this city than Joe Gibbs (and that includes George Washington and Bell Star).

Boycott the Post until after the season.

Archived