Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Noticed this with the 2006 Ticket packet....

MarkB452

The price printed on the tickets does NOT include the PG Tax. There is a small asterisk and on the back of the ticket it mentions the PG Tax, but not how much it is. Therefore, be prepared to explain this to anybody you sell your tickets to. I think the tax is 10% of face value......right? IMHO, this is another sneaky way of hiding the tax/price increase (even worse than what was done on the original ticket invoices.) My tickets last year said $59 each (including tax). They now read $64.00 (plus tax)* (but they cost me $70.40 each).

Also, there was a flyer in the packet that said "TouchDown Club members have access to purchase tickets to the SuperBowl when the Redskins play"....Great........that many FEWER tickets for the rest of us........

It's bad enough that people can buy their way to the head of the ticket line and sit between the 40's in the lower bowl, but now they can buy their way into the team's limited allotment of SB tickets as well.............

On the plus side, the forward pass card now earns a 5% rebate.....WOOHOO!

Anybody know how much the per game off site parking price will be? (not the buy the whole season kind, but the single game kind).

Yay.. I noticed that my tickets face value was 64, last year they were 54 and I calculated that the face should be 59 this year... So is the extra 5 the county tax??

Last year (and every year before) the tax was included in the price shown on the ticket. This year it is NOT.

Cash Lot will be $30 bucks per game...although season ticket holders can buy passes for $200 for the whole year. Touchdown Club is $8k per year....so they can probably get whatever they want. Do you think you are gonna get any superbowl tickets anyway?????

Why the heck is Danny being sneaky? He's telling you what the ticket costs that he is selling you! That other significant cost is the tax you are paying.

Try looking at it the other way.....before Danny was being sneaky hiding the Prince Georges tax.

Good god people.....why is everything a Danny Snyder money grubbing conspiracy?

Snyder is a businessman. Skins tickets are not the most expensive in the league and only a small amount more than EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM. He could sell your ticket for 2-3 times what he is charging you. So frankly, he is saving you a heck of a lot of money. Your $64 dollar ticket could easily be sold for $120-150 by Snyder if he wanted to because the demand is so great. Consider your ticket a bargain.....because it costs way below market value.

But no.....you'd rather complain.

Ahhh....I'm tired of this cheapskate arguement........ :doh:

I think Snyder is sort of treating the PG county amusement tax of ten percent like it was a sales tax. So he's charging it to the consumer, and it's not printed on the ticket.

Analogy: You are going to Exxon to buy gas. You go to buy gas at $3.299 a gallon. You buy ten gallons. Then when you pay they tell you you have to pay several dollars above the $32.99 for federal excise tax because there was an asterisk next to the dollar amount.

On the plus side, the forward pass card now earns a 5% rebate.....WOOHOO!

The real perk of the Forward Pass card would be if it actually saved you time in line. If I can find a Forward-Pass-only line, they wait on cash-paying customers also. :tantrum:

Have any season ticket holders not gotten there tickets yet? I am starting to get worried! Should I call the ticket office to see why I have not gotten my seats yet?

Nah,

i wouldn't worry . i haven't recieved mine either , last year i didn't get them until the first week in August . i'm not sure but i think they send them out A thru Z and i'm a Sh . My nephew recieved his Yesterday from a guy he buys them off of and his last name begins Sc

:2cents:

Nah,

i wouldn't worry . i haven't recieved mine either , last year i didn't get them until the first week in August . i'm not sure but i think they send them out A thru Z and i'm a Sh . My nephew recieved his Yesterday from a guy he buys them off of and his last name begins Sc

:2cents:

I think you might be right because I haven't gotten mine yet either and I'm sure they'll get here by early august.

Why the heck is Danny being sneaky? He's telling you what the ticket costs that he is selling you! That other significant cost is the tax you are paying.

Try looking at it the other way.....before Danny was being sneaky hiding the Prince Georges tax.

Good god people.....why is everything a Danny Snyder money grubbing conspiracy?

Snyder is a businessman. Skins tickets are not the most expensive in the league and only a small amount more than EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM. He could sell your ticket for 2-3 times what he is charging you. So frankly, he is saving you a heck of a lot of money. Your $64 dollar ticket could easily be sold for $120-150 by Snyder if he wanted to because the demand is so great. Consider your ticket a bargain.....because it costs way below market value.

But no.....you'd rather complain.

Ahhh....I'm tired of this cheapskate arguement........ :doh:

>> If you go to sell your ticket to a friend and the ticket says $64 as the face value, you need to explain the tax. IMHO, you should not have to do that. In the past, the full price (cost and tax) was printed on the ticket. For the first time this year the invoices broke down the ticket price and invoice as separate line items (with the tax being tacked on at the bottom of the invoice. BTW, anybody want to buy some upper deck Jets Preseason tix for $120 - $150 a piece? :laugh:

Since it costs me well over $1,000 to fly out from Phoenix, get overnight acccomaditons, rental car plus the cost of a ticket at a broker, i look at all of you getting off dirt cheap. I wish I could sit in the nose bleeds for less than $300 per game, but know...I have to take out a 2nd mortgage to come out to 1 game.

Last name starts with N and still no tickets here in Southern Maryland. I am having them delivered to my office which is on a military base so that may be slowing things down.

As for Snyder, I'm just glad we have an owner who WANTS to win! Ask any Cardinals fan how they like their owner.

Since it costs me well over $1,000 to fly out from Phoenix, get overnight acccomaditons, rental car plus the cost of a ticket at a broker, i look at all of you getting off dirt cheap. I wish I could sit in the nose bleeds for less than $300 per game, but know...I have to take out a 2nd mortgage to come out to 1 game.

>> JetBlue is offering flights from Dulles to Phoenex for $149 each way from 9/5 - 11/15. Must purchase before 8/3.

Flights to Houston (there is a 'Skins game there 9/24) are $99 each way from Dulles.

I love how everything goes up...tix, parking, concessions.....its great being rewarded for being "The most loyal fanbase". I have had season tix in my family since 1994....never contemplating bailing on them til this year....fortunately I sucked it up but I dont blame those who bailed.

Danny Snyder is a crook...im surprised he doesnt charge us to use the bathroom or use his escalators.

My LOYALTY FOR THE REDSKINS is what keeps me coming back. However u want to look at it, one of my priorities in my simple life is the Redskins...so im essentially reeled in regardless of price increase or whatever the next fee will be.

Archived