Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tix to WSH@DAL $50 a piece on Craigslist...think it is legit?

NoCalMike

Well as most of you know by now I am going to be in Texas for Week 2 and 3 of the NFL season visiting my best friend. He already bought our Texans/Skins tix, and my original plan for the Dallas/Skins tix fell through, so I was looking over at Craigslist and I answered an ad for $50 lower level tickets. The guy emailed me and said if I wanted five tickets it would be $250.00. It almost sounds too good to be true. He said to call him to get this squared away. Do you guys think this is legit? Anyone ever use Craigslist before for tickets? I am only nervous because since we are not from the same city it's not like I can just meet up with him to get the tickets, it's going to involve mailing a check and stuff......but this offer is so good!!!

I forget now, but aren't there some sort of 3rd party companies that work soley for the exchange of goods over distances? Like they hold on to each until you both get each or something? Like you can go and examine the stuff and when you accept his money is deposited? I forget the name of these companies but they have one. Oh well, I doubt that helps, but yeah that is a little too good to be true.

He has no idea I am a Skins fan. I live in California, and he is in Texas. I have a friend that lives in Houston, TX(my best friend), but it is about a 4 hour drive between Houston and Dallas. I emailed him some questions such as whether he is a season ticket holder or not, also what kinds of payments he accepts.

Check stubhub also.

$50.00 for lower level is quite remarkable.

Even if he sends you the tickets or someone meets him in person, does not mean those tickets are legit.

Good luck though. I hope to see you at the ES Dallas tailgate.

Blondie

Check stubhub also.

$50.00 for lower level is quite remarkable.

Even if he sends you the tickets or someone meets him in person, does not mean those tickets are legit.

Good luck though. I hope to see you at the ES Dallas tailgate.

Blondie

do you have a ES tailgate every year, we will probably be there again this year (with my uncle a cowgirl fan)

Well as most of you know by now I am going to be in Texas for Week 2 and 3 of the NFL season visiting my best friend. He already bought our Texans/Skins tix, and my original plan for the Dallas/Skins tix fell through, so I was looking over at Craigslist and I answered an ad for $50 lower level tickets. The guy emailed me and said if I wanted five tickets it would be $250.00. It almost sounds too good to be true. He said to call him to get this squared away. Do you guys think this is legit? Anyone ever use Craigslist before for tickets? I am only nervous because since we are not from the same city it's not like I can just meet up with him to get the tickets, it's going to involve mailing a check and stuff......but this offer is so good!!!

Maybe for the WNBA or NHL

Overnight the check and tell him to do the same with the tix. Inspect the tix, call dallas tix office the day you receive them, fax them a copy and have them inspect, if they are bogus then stop payment on the check. I'm sure if you overnight the check and he overnights the tix, then you will be much safer, b/c you can stop payment on the check if something isn't right. It's probably worth the $50 or $60 you'll spend on overnighting and bank fees for stopping payment on a check to see if it's really a killer deal. Ya' never know, but good luck. One last thing, if he isn't willing to overnight the tix, BEWARE b/c that's a clear indicator that he has a process that he likes to go through for scamming people.

HTTR!

Archived