Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb Ready To Run....

Number5

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15128230.htm

Eagles Camp Update | McNabb vows to be more mobile this seasonBy Shannon Ryan

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

A typically chipper Donovan McNabb said he is looking forward to using his mobility again this year, after a season plagued by injury.

"I'm able to get out of the pocket a little more with a little speed," he said. "It puts a lot of pressure on defenses. People know that I can get out of the pocket."

That was not true a season ago, when McNabb was criticized early in the season for not running enough and was later diagnosed with a sports hernia, missing the second half of the season.

"With teams knowing I was injured and not doing it as much, they were trying to double team on the receivers, double team on [running back Brian] Westbrook," McNabb said. "When you're limited in what you're doing, your reaction time is a little bit different."

Click link for the whole story....

well could just be talk to keep defenses on their toes. Lately he just doesn't seem like he has wanted to run as much and is much more comfortable being a pocket passer. That said, last year when he wanted to run he still made defenses look silly.

and he's not getting any younger.....but i agree, what happened to the mcnabb from a year or two ago who always seemed to get bothered when the media would give him **** about not being a "vick-like" quarterback. maybe this year's offense wants him to get out and run more?

A healthy McNabb and Westbrook is enough to cause us fits. I still think Gaffney will be McNabb's #1 when it's all said and done.

They'll all be thinking only about their contracts and the Eagles F.O. during the game.. the Skins will have nothing to worry about.... And besides.. It'll be all McNabb can do to just start the season... I hear he is in MAJOR psychotherapy just to try and get T.O. out of his mind.

Don't worry little buddy... the Eagles will go 0-16 and the Skins will go 19-0.

They'll all be thinking only about their contracts and the Eagles F.O. during the game.. the Skins will have nothing to worry about.... And besides.. It'll be all McNabb can do to just start the season... I hear he is in MAJOR psychotherapy just to try and get T.O. out of his mind.

Don't worry little buddy... the Eagles will go 0-16 and the Skins will go 19-0.

he says something nice about the Eagles and you throw it back in his face. Yet when he talks bad about them your all over him as well. He can't win can he?

A healthy McNabb and Westbrook is enough to cause us fits. I still think Gaffney will be McNabb's #1 when it's all said and done.

That would be a surprise to me. I'd be welcome of it, because it would seam to mean we got great value from him, but all indications are that Brown and McNabb have developed a nice chemistry with one another.

he says something nice about the Eagles and you throw it back in his face. Yet when he talks bad about them your all over him as well. He can't win can he?

sableholic, with all due...

Look man, I've tried for well over a year to talk football w/ the guy. He won't. So yeah, I'm gonna give him some grief... it was sarcastic and a little toungue in cheek. Lighten up man.

(and for the record, when he shyt talks the Eagles I ask him for rational thought and evidence... which he can't and doesn't provide. I also give solid evidence to refute his assanine claims, which he also ignores and doesn't respond to. You must not be reading the same threads I am.)

tr1 is a grown man. He has created this posting style that he uses to incite and get attention. I doubt he needs you to jump in and defend him.

Just sayin.

I am excited about the possibilty of McNabb running this year. I can still remember the infamous "Dead Leg Shake" about 3 or 4 years ago against the Skins. When he runs, he is as dangerous as they come because not only can he outrun you, but he can run you over as well.....

As long as he is healthy, and yesterday, he showed it with a 35 yard scramble against the first team defense during the scrimmage, he will be a problem for the NFC East. It will be interesting to see when he faces Taylor in the open field...while people will jump up and say, "TAYLOR WILL CREAM MCNABB....." remember that McNabb has faced one on one in the open field, AA, Lavar, Roy Williams, Mike Brown, John Lynch, Mark Carrier, Darren Woodson, and other "big hitters" over the years and he has either juked them or took them head on.....only Lavar used to make him slide and that normally was after a lengthly run.....

Good points No. 5. I still get headaches when I think of that move on Carrier. Good Lord. Against the Skins, McNabb will be most dangerous when he runs a 1 RB set, or 5WR set. That spreads the field so much that the defense can't react as quickly to him running. TO was a very good blocker, but didn't get to use that skill too much as McNabb didn't run an awful lot. How are Brown and Gaffney at downfield blocking? I know you don't have a lot of film on Gaffney, but you watched Brown a lot. If they can help him downfield, McNabb could have a monster year.

sableholic, with all due...

Look man, I've tried for well over a year to talk football w/ the guy. He won't. So yeah, I'm gonna give him some grief... it was sarcastic and a little toungue in cheek. Lighten up man.

(and for the record, when he shyt talks the Eagles I ask him for rational thought and evidence... which he can't and doesn't provide. I also give solid evidence to refute his assanine claims, which he also ignores and doesn't respond to. You must not be reading the same threads I am.)

tr1 is a grown man. He has created this posting style that he uses to incite and get attention. I doubt he needs you to jump in and defend him.

Just sayin.

Oh I'm reading them and it still makes no sense to bash him the one time he says something good about the Eagles. Its like you guys want to start fights with him about eagles **** as he does with you. Oh and his style, it works to perfection as proven by your post.

Good points No. 5. I still get headaches when I think of that move on Carrier. Good Lord. Against the Skins, McNabb will be most dangerous when he runs a 1 RB set, or 5WR set.

5 WR set? Who are the 5 eagles WRs? Unless your counting Westy lining up at WR. But Mcnabb still can be dangerous on offense running. He made us look silly a couple times last year, but I just don't see him running that much more. If he does, I see another injury riddled season.

Good points No. 5. I still get headaches when I think of that move on Carrier. Good Lord. Against the Skins, McNabb will be most dangerous when he runs a 1 RB set, or 5WR set. That spreads the field so much that the defense can't react as quickly to him running. TO was a very good blocker, but didn't get to use that skill too much as McNabb didn't run an awful lot. How are Brown and Gaffney at downfield blocking? I know you don't have a lot of film on Gaffney, but you watched Brown a lot. If they can help him downfield, McNabb could have a monster year.

First let me say good morning to both you and Sable..... :cheers:

Now to answer you question, I'm not sure about Gaffney, in fact, word has it that he may not even make the team with Basket playing like a demon thus far. His size, speed, and his hands make him a T.O. clone, only without the bad rep. Also, he, Brown, and McNabb are almost attached to the hip between plays.......

As far as Brown's blocking goes, if you can get your hands on it, watch the replay of the last Giants game and you'll see that he was the player who sprung Moats on those two long runs with devasting crack backs on Emmons and Strahan on one play, then on the MLB on the second. He is a very physical WR who is one of the strongest WRs in the league. Punishing is a good word to describe his blocking...reminds me of a fullback at times.....

Oh I'm reading them and it still makes no sense to bash him the one time he says something good about the Eagles. Its like you guys want to start fights with him about eagles **** as he does with you. Oh and his style, it works to perfection as proven by your post.

Do you understand sarcasm ? I was joking with tr1. Get over it. Just giving him a little grief, in a SARCASTIC way. I'm SO sorry my sarcasm happened to be in response the one actual serious post out of 500 he makes about the Eagles.

bashing and picking fights was NOT what I was doing. Sorry you didn't understand that..... go back and re-read my post... how could you NOT see that as a joking, sarcastic response... using some of tr1's very own sarcastic joking comments from other threads ?

tr1 and I are fine... we have fun w/ each other posting... that's what a msg board is for. Apparently he didn't have a problem w/ my post. he does his thing and I do mine... I enjoy it.

Why you felt the need to jump in is beyond me.

First let me say good morning to both you and Sable..... :cheers:

Now to answer you question, I'm not sure about Gaffney, in fact, word has it that he may not even make the team with Basket playing like a demon thus far. His size, speed, and his hands make him a T.O. clone, only without the bad rep. Also, he, Brown, and McNabb are almost attached to the hip between plays.......

As far as Brown's blocking goes, if you can get your hands on it, watch the replay of the last Giants game and you'll see that he was the player who sprung Moats on those two long runs with devasting crack backs on Emmons and Strahan on one play, then on the MLB on the second. He is a very physical WR who is one of the strongest WRs in the league. Punishing is a good word to describe his blocking...reminds me of a fullback at times.....

Good morning Number5. Thats crazy I didn't realize there was even a remote possibility that Gaffney wouldn't make the team. Who is this Basket guy? And on Brown, hes got a lot of potential thats for sure. I always love a WR who can block and block well. I know theres a lot of talk about the running game, from what you have seen in TC so far does it appear to be more of a focus than last year? I read your impressions of the RBs in one of the other threads and its sounds like it is, but just wondering.

Do you understand sarcasm ? I was joking with tr1. Get over it.

Over it.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so posting this here:

"Overview:

A definite first-round pick, Hank Baskett is a character guy who loves football. He does not play in a BCS conference and is flying under the radar, but has a lot of potential to become a big weapon at the next level. He will work hard and accept his role in playing team football.

Baskett would not have been at the top of the wide receiver prospects last year and needed all four years of college to become a polished wideout. Either San Diego or Dallas would be an outstanding fit for Hank if he drops that far.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootb...hankbaskett.htm"

So he is that good then ? How'd he go undrafted?

Good morning Number5. Thats crazy I didn't realize there was even a remote possibility that Gaffney wouldn't make the team. Who is this Basket guy? And on Brown, hes got a lot of potential thats for sure. I always love a WR who can block and block well. I know theres a lot of talk about the running game, from what you have seen in TC so far does it appear to be more of a focus than last year? I read your impressions of the RBs in one of the other threads and its sounds like it is, but just wondering.

It was confirmed that the player pulled over who had the gun was Gaffney and not Bunkley......Reid said so during his press conference.....

As far as the backs go....they have run the ball on a 60/40 ratio during scrimmages thus far. Like many people say, "Everyone looks great" but the two players who are standing out thus far are Bruce Perry who bulked up to 215 and Buckhalter who practiced and took part in todays scrimmage....needless to say, Buck looked like the old Buck with his shiftiness and power. Westbrook looks better than he did in 2004 and you can tell that he is a happy player now that they are running the ball more.....

Didn't want to start a new thread, so posting this here:

"Overview:

A definite first-round pick, Hank Baskett is a character guy who loves football. He does not play in a BCS conference and is flying under the radar, but has a lot of potential to become a big weapon at the next level. He will work hard and accept his role in playing team football.

Baskett would not have been at the top of the wide receiver prospects last year and needed all four years of college to become a polished wideout. Either San Diego or Dallas would be an outstanding fit for Hank if he drops that far.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootb...hankbaskett.htm"

So he is that good then ? How'd he go undrafted?

Couple of reasons.....Not a BCS conference......took 4 years to fully develop....and from what I understand, poor pro day showing....lucky break for us though!

Archived