Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andrea Yates not guilty by insanity defense!

Popeman38

http://www.cnn.com/

How can someone physically hold five young children under water and drown them and now only be sentenced to mental health institute with periodic reviews for when to release her. I do not understand how this can happen. Nowadays anyone can do anything and with the insanity plea only serve minimal time in a state hospital. Now that I have said that, let the stoning of me for my narrow minded ways begin...

Guest sith lord
http://www.cnn.com/

How can someone physically hold five young children under water and drown them and now only be sentenced to mental health institute with periodic reviews for when to release her. I do not understand how this can happen. Nowadays anyone can do anything and with the insanity plea only serve minimal time in a state hospital. Now that I have said that, let the stoning of me for my narrow minded ways begin...

Rule #1: You have to be a woman.

She'll never be released so I guess you can say that's a plus.

"The 42-year-old will be committed to a state mental hospital, with periodic hearings before a judge to determine whether she should be released."

Sounds to me like she has the possibility of being released. She shouldn't have the possibility to BREATHE!

"The 42-year-old will be committed to a state mental hospital, with periodic hearings before a judge to determine whether she should be released."

Sounds to me like she has the possibility of being released. She shouldn't have the possibility to BREATHE!

It is sad when the value of a child's life is worth less than the sanity of a murderer.

That's just window dressing by the court. Unless a complete idiot is running the place, she isn't going ANYWHERE. There are some people in Clifton T. Perkins Mental Hospital in Jessup that have been housed there since the 50's. I think she would have a hard time convincing even the most gullible shrink that she is sane, and ok to be set free.

It was Susan. Whatever her name is, she deserves to be put to death.

What's the point? All lethal injection does is put the person to sleep BEFORE administering the fatal serum. The legal system says doing it any other way is "cruel." Let them spend the rest of their life rotting, having to think about what they did and get harassed by their prison's finest inmates.

I don't get the concept of "not guilty by reason of insanity" IT is like saying you didn't commit the crime cuz you are insane.

It should be "guilty by reason of insanity" than it is you commited the crime cuz you are insane.

either way she should be on death row, what she did is one of the most detestable acts that i have ever heard of

What's the point? All lethal injection does is put the person to sleep BEFORE administering the fatal serum. The legal system says doing it any other way is "cruel." Let them spend the rest of their life rotting, having to think about what they did and get harassed by their prison's finest inmates.

Because that costs me more money!

All I'm going to say is this.....

What do we do with a "mad" dog?.... we put it down.

What do we do with a "mad" human being?... put it in a box and pay for a bunch of clowns to try and fix it at the public's expense.

The first sounds like a much better option, regardless of what species the "mad" animal happens to be.

couldn't we just blow her head off with a shotgun or something? how much would that cost?

Again, that would be considered "too cruel." Although it does make me ask the question, "What about those defenseless kids?"

I'll probably get blasted for this, but God will take care of her in due course.

No, this jury blew it. Sytematically drowning 5 children in a row, there has to be rational thought involved. She went from oldest to youngest to avoid a fight...

Dude, I agree that she is still guilty and should never see the light of day again, maybe even get death.

But reading how you said that, just made me think she IS insane.

Sytematically drowning 5 children in a row

How could that be considered sane in any way shape or form?

Insane people will cut into their own skin for hours thinking something is under there. They will "sytematically" do it until they kill themselves. Does that make then rational? Or really lost in their own corrupted minds?

Dude, I agree that she is still guilty and should never see the light of day again, maybe even get death.

But reading how you said that, just made me think she IS insane.

How could that be considered sane in any way shape or form?

Insane people will cut into their own skin for hours thinking something is under there. They will "sytematically" do it until they kill themselves. Does that make then rational? Or really lost in their own corrupted minds?

Hurting yourself is one thing. But to take 5 youg children and drown them in the bathtub you have to think about that first. You have to formulate a plan. You have to have reasons. Just because you are sick doesn't change the fact that you methodically took human life and the right to live away from these kids. PERIOD. Death is the only fitting punishment.

Archived