Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And the Hate Continues....Paul Burmeister on 980 this Morning...

RonArtest15

I have never heard of the guy, but he was on 980 this morning as I was driving to work. He was talking about pressing QB issues concerning various teams around the NFL. Well, when he got to the Skins, he said Brunell won't make it through the season and that Jason Campbell will get some PT at some point. He also said that we will be no better than a .500 club. Not to mention, that he was pretty much said that last season was a fluke, and we really topped out at 10-6...I really love how we seriously get little to no respect from various members of the media. I don't know what it is, but my mood really soured after hearing him talk. All this does is get me MORE fired up for the regular season. I have full confidence in the Skins, and I know most of these nay-sayers will be on the bandwagon soon enough if this team is as good as we all expect....

Talk radio tries to stir controversy so they can get more phone calls and ratings. The guys who say these things on the radio don't believe half the things they say themselves.

To the point, I am worried that Mark will get hurt too, but very few qb's play the whole season.

I don't know about the rest of it, but saying Brunell won't make it through a season healthy when he hasn't made it through his last 3 doesn't qualify as hate in my book. If he says that is the reason the Skins won't go over .500 than I disagree, but I can understand the reasoning.

I think the Redskins will be fine with whichever QB is behind center. But I'm far from certain of that assertion.

If "making it through the season" merely means playing, then Brunell in all likelihood will make it through the season. If it means playing without nagging injuries that affect his performance, then that's much more doubtful given that Brunell is 0 for 2 with us in that department.

I love his toughness, but there's no disputing the fact that he's not at all the same QB when his legs have been injured.

Maybe the line about Brunell's health has some validity to it but I find it hard to believe that we would be just a .500 club considering all the effort and work this organization has put in over the last 3 yrs. While broadcaster might try to get ratings, IMO some of them actually think we'll be in the middle of the pack.

If "making it through the season" merely means playing, then Brunell in all likelihood will make it through the season. If it means playing without nagging injuries that affect his performance, then that's much more doubtful given that Brunell is 0 for 2 with us in that department.

I love his toughness, but there's no disputing the fact that he's not at all the same QB when his legs have been injured.

If his knees are injured, we might as well sit him.

I have never heard of the guy, but he was on 980 this morning as I was driving to work. He was talking about pressing QB issues concerning various teams around the NFL. Well, when he got to the Skins, he said Brunell won't make it through the season and that Jason Campbell will get some PT at some point. He also said that we will be no better than a .500 club. Not to mention, that he was pretty much said that last season was a fluke, and we really topped out at 10-6...I really love how we seriously get little to no respect from various members of the media. I don't know what it is, but my mood really soured after hearing him talk. All this does is get me MORE fired up for the regular season. I have full confidence in the Skins, and I know most of these nay-sayers will be on the bandwagon soon enough if this team is as good as we all expect....

Does it matter to the important people like JG?

He'll just keep smiling as we go back to the playoffs.

I think the Redskins will be fine with whichever QB is behind center. But I'm far from certain of that assertion.

I use to be a pessimist about the whole Jason Campbel thing. Thinking that if he had to come in at all during the season we would be doomed.

But, the more I think about it, it is kind of a perfect situation for him. Back at Auburn, he played on a very stacked team. He had a great running game that helped open everything up for him. He played a ben roethlesberger type role for that team. When you look at the situation here, it is the exact same. We will live and die on our running game, and that will take a lot of pressure off of him IF if has to come in.

I just dont see anyway that we go below .500 this season.

A lot of people are saying that Brunell may not survive a full season. But, unless we get struck by a serious rash of injuries and buy too much into our own hype, I can't see this team finishing worse than 10-6. There's too much talent and we (FINALLY!) have a competent coach overseeing that talent.

If his knees are injured, we might as well sit him.

His knee was injured in the game against the Giants when a player hit him below the knee and slightly hyperextended it. This wasn't because of age.

All of 980 is seemingly anti-Redskins the last few days ever since Snyder's stations started their new programming.

His knee was injured in the game against the Giants when a player hit him below the knee and slightly hyperextended it. This wasn't because of age.

All of 980 is seemingly anti-Redskins the last few days ever since Snyder's stations started their new programming.

thank you, Carson Palmer got his knee f-ed up last yr... is he all of the sudden old and unreliable???

Man I was watching highlights last night from S0Crates website (I believe, could be wrong which member it is) Brunell was running for 1st downs up until that injury... like in that giants game he ran for a critical 1st down when Osi had him sacked pretty much.

Brunell is going to take us to the big dance, I just hope you all have your good shoes on!!!!

:cheers:

Man I was watching highlights last night from S0Crates website (I believe, could be wrong which member it is) Brunell was running for 1st downs up until that injury... like in that giants game he ran for a critical 1st down when Osi had him sacked pretty much.

Ran for a couple big first downs in the first Dallas game, too.

I have heard crap like that on the radio and TV for over 30 years. Not only about the Skins but sports talk in general. That is why I can count on 3 fingers the number of sports journalist, broadcasters and bar stoolers that I would take seriously. We used to do the same thing at school, in the service and at work. We thought we knew everything, had all the answers and could predict outcomes. Same thing, different times but intertaining non the less. I am not too concerned about Brunell. I think he will last longer than most would expect. He may get some injury or soreness that will keep him out of a game but overall I feel Joe and company will have plans and talent to keep the QB safe. Now, having said that, it becomes important for Brunell to get rid of the ball! :cheers:

Ran for a couple big first downs in the first Dallas game, too.

Absolutely, but everyone continues to say that towards the END of the season he was "worn out" and clearly he was not, that helmet contact on his knee is what took his playing level down a notch... and any QB would have played worse following a hit like that.

You can bet that the other teams in the NFC East are well aware that giving Brunell a few good shots to his legs will slow him down. I'm not saying they'll try to injure him, but they know that his legs are critical -- and not for running. He just doesn't throw well when his legs are hurting.

You are going to get some hate but we have been getting alot of love by the media as well. Its not always going to be good. Please when somebody says something bad agaisnt the Redskins get over it. Who cares. When the season starts thats what matters.

Archived