Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Bunkley? Finally, He's Signed...

tr1

"Unsigned first-round pick Brodrick Bunkley missed his sixth practice. "He's missing valuable time," coach Andy Reid said."

[sarcasm]I'm sure the Eagles are offering a reasonable offer.[/sarcasm]

How many days out does one have to be before one is considered a hold-out?

"Moving up

The defensive line. Even though it was a practice without pads, the defensive line, which accounted for 211/2 of the Eagles' 29 sacks last season, was getting constant pressure on a variety of Birds quarterbacks."

Now this is either a very good sign or a very bad sign. Either the d-line is awesome or the o-line is sucking...take your pick Philly fans.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/15113847.htm

I think only 3 1st rd picks have signed so far so I guess TR would consider the other teams with unsigned 1st rounders as not making reasonable offers. How are the Skins doing with McIntosh? He didn't sign yet did he? The Eagles have their second rounder under contract. I wonder if the McIntosh hold up could be that he wants more than the Skins are offering at this point. No that could not be because tr would consider the Skins cheap so the hold up must be about a disagreement over punctuation used in the contract. Yeah...that's probably it. When they get McIntosh done they can then deal with their 1st 3rd and 4th rd picks. They should take no time at all.

I think only 3 1st rd picks have signed so far so I guess TR would consider the other teams with unsigned 1st rounders as not making reasonable offers. How are the Skins doing with McIntosh? He didn't sign yet did he? The Eagles have their second rounder under contract. I wonder if the McIntosh hold up could be that he wants more than the Skins are offering at this point. No that could not be because tr would consider the Skins cheap so the hold up must be about a disagreement over punctuation used in the contract. Yeah...that's probably it. When they get McIntosh done they can then deal with their 1st 3rd and 4th rd picks. They should take no time at all.

Okay, remain calm. I know TR1 is the biggest eagles basher here but there's no reason to have a coniption. The eagles started TC way early, so no surprise they didn't get their first rounder in on time. Rocky is a second rounder, I'm sure he'll be in by the end of the week.

How many practices has McIntosh missed?

I know TR1 is the biggest eagles basher here but there's no reason to have a coniption.

I like to think that I'm the biggest Eagles basher here, but seems as though I can't compete with TR1. It will be a lot different with no WB36 this year. I hope he's doing well.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

And by the way, Bunkley holding out IS a big deal. He's supposed to be their saviour. Not that he was going to be an impact player this year anyway.

How many practices has McIntosh missed?

Plenty ouvan.....Knowing Gibbs and Snyder they're probably holding illegal two a day full pad full contact practices in Snyder's recreation room as we speak......I'm not saying it wouldn't be better for the kid to be at practice I'm just saying that anyone without tunnel vision would realize what's happening leaguewide and realize it's not a surprise he hasn't signed yet. They might even realize it's not about the size of the bonus but about the length of the contract. The Eagles want him to sign for 6 years like the Browns pick and Bunkley only wants to sign for 5 years like the Raider's pick.

Bunkley wants to be at camp but he isn't allowed because he is not signed. This is more on his agent than him.
Yeah, that's what I heard as well.

As for tr1, yeah 90% of the first round picks haven't been signed yet, but it's only the Eagles who are at fault that their first rounder hasn't been signed yet. Oh well just another opportunity for you to pull the "low-balling" bit out again. Anyway, you must be around Eagles FO personnel every day or something, because you always seem to know what's going on so well.:rolleyes:

Bunkley is in the procession for 1st rounders to be picked (in his case not picked).

"The Eagles apparently felt Saturday's signing of defensive end Kamerion Wimbley by Cleveland would move the Bunkley talks along, since Wimbley was the 13th player selected in the draft, and Bunkley the 14th"

Eagles fans, please, try to keep up with your teams' events...or, non-events.

I think you can officially say it's a 'hold-out'...

He wants to be there but can't because of his agent. The Eagles have tried calling his agent but Bunk's agent hasn't gotten back to them.

We're keeping up but definitely not through you. As usual you choose your words carefully to spin it the tr1 way.

He wants to be there but can't because of his agent. The Eagles have tried calling his agent but Bunk's agent hasn't gotten back to them.

Right, its all on his agent:laugh: Seriously, I wouldn't call it a hold out yet, just because its so early for all first rounders, but come on. His agent hasn't called them back. What, is he on vacation, hitting the crack pipe somewhere....If Bunkley wanted it done now with the Eagles current offer, he would have his agent call ASAP. Those agents know who their masters are.

We're keeping up but definitely not through you. As usual you choose your words carefully to spin it the tr1 way.

Good...good...stay positive....sheesh, and after all that good news out of the Philly lockerroom now that TO is gone. Darn you, Bunkley...

That's what's wrong with agents. They take advantage of these young players ignorance. Bunkley and others should realize that the agents work for them. All Bunkley has to do is tell his agent "Get it done" and it will. The agent's telling him "I've been doing this for years, trust me." The agents trying to squeeze as much as possible to market himself to future clients.

Bunkley is in the procession for 1st rounders to be picked (in his case not picked).

"The Eagles apparently felt Saturday's signing of defensive end Kamerion Wimbley by Cleveland would move the Bunkley talks along, since Wimbley was the 13th player selected in the draft, and Bunkley the 14th"

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/15115341.htm

The Eagles apparently felt Saturday's signing of defensive end Kamerion Wimbley by Cleveland would move the Bunkley talks along, since Wimbley was the 13th player selected in the draft, and Bunkley the 14th. That does not seem to have been the case. Wimbley took a 6-year contract. The new CBA provides the possibility of 6-year deals for picks 1-16. Players taken 17th through 32nd can only be signed to 5-year contracts. Players generally want shorter entry deals, to get to free agency more quickly.

Yesterday, the Raiders reportedly agreed to terms with their first-round pick, defensive back Michael Huff, to a 5-year deal. Huff was drafted seventh overall. That pact might strengthen the resolve of Wichard and Bunkley not to accept a 5-year contract.

Gee tr....Giving an incomplete quote which gives a distorted view of the situation and then not including a link to the story is some pretty weak posting ethics. The hold-up being how long instead of how much doesn't fit your Eagles are cheap mantra so you just ignore it. Pretty slimey tr....real disappointing.

Knowing Gibbs and Snyder they're probably holding illegal two a day full pad full contact practices in Snyder's recreation room as we speak......

I think this was supposed to be funny. I'm trying to chuckle.

Seriously, Bunkley not being signed by now is not that big a deal.

If it lasts 2 weeks into TC, then we can talk. :eaglesuck

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/15115341.htm

The Eagles apparently felt Saturday's signing of defensive end Kamerion Wimbley by Cleveland would move the Bunkley talks along, since Wimbley was the 13th player selected in the draft, and Bunkley the 14th. That does not seem to have been the case. Wimbley took a 6-year contract. The new CBA provides the possibility of 6-year deals for picks 1-16. Players taken 17th through 32nd can only be signed to 5-year contracts. Players generally want shorter entry deals, to get to free agency more quickly.

Yesterday, the Raiders reportedly agreed to terms with their first-round pick, defensive back Michael Huff, to a 5-year deal. Huff was drafted seventh overall. That pact might strengthen the resolve of Wichard and Bunkley not to accept a 5-year contract.

Gee tr....Giving an incomplete quote which gives a distorted view of the situation and then not including a link to the story is some pretty weak posting ethics. The hold-up being how long instead of how much doesn't fit your Eagles are cheap mantra so you just ignore it. Pretty slimey tr....real disappointing.

I was questioned as to why I expected Bunkley to be signed by now...I showed that the fella in front of him...in fact, everyone in front of him...had signed.

The fact that he's holding out for a five year contract does not preclude the fact that he is holding out. :doh:

My apologies for not having provided the link, though.

I was questioned as to why I expected Bunkley to be signed by now...I showed that the fella in front of him...in fact, everyone in front of him...had signed.

The fact that he's holding out for a five year contract does not preclude the fact that he is holding out. :doh:

My apologies for not having provided the link, though.

How did you show that everyone in front of him has signed when only the 1st 7th and 13th picks in the first round have signed? Wouldn't picks #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #8 #9 #10 #11 and #12 have to sign so that everyone in front of him could be signed? There is no procession of picks as you stated when only 3 of the 13 players in front of him have signed and the two closest to him that have agreed to terms[7th and 13th] signed for different contract lengths?

How did you show that everyone in front of him has signed when only the 1st 7th and 13th picks in the first round have signed? Wouldn't picks #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #8 #9 #10 #11 and #12 have to sign so that everyone in front of him could be signed? There is no procession of picks as you stated when only 3 of the 13 players in front of him have signed and the two closest to him that have agreed to terms[7th and 13th] signed for different contract lengths?

Ok...the picks in front of him haven't all signed...I think 5 first rounders have already. The structure for the picks and their pay levels are in place. He's holding out on number of years...

So, does this change my point that he's not in camp? Eight practices and counting...

Ok...the picks in front of him haven't all signed...I think 5 first rounders have already. The structure for the picks and their pay levels are in place. He's holding out on number of years...

So, does this change my point that he's not in camp? Eight practices and counting...

Yeah first it was they aren't making a reasonable offer and now you know it's about the number of years. Then there's this gem....

"Bunkley is in the procession for 1st rounders to be picked (in his case not picked).

"The Eagles apparently felt Saturday's signing of defensive end Kamerion Wimbley by Cleveland would move the Bunkley talks along, since Wimbley was the 13th player selected in the draft, and Bunkley the 14th""

I don't know what the hell you're trying to say with that "picked" and "not picked" nonsense. Then you consider 3 picks out of 13 a procession and then comes the incompletely quote and no link.....and then you have the nerve to throw in a lecture to Eagle fans.

Then you say everyone is signed in front of him even though it's been noted in the thread that few 1st rounders have signed so far. Don't you even read the thread before you post?

Sure he's not there. It would be nice if he were but my guess is there is the same amount of time left before the start of the regular season for Bunkley as there is for all the other unsigned draft picks including McIntosh. Bunkley doesn't have to learn an entire O like O players or complicated coverage schemes like LB's CB's and S's so if you are going to have a player miss time a DT whose main job is search and destroy is among the least hurt by absence.

BTW....Here's a chance to redeem yourself. You say 5 picks have signed. We know about Williams Wimbley Huff and Cromartie agreed last night. Who is the 5th?

tr1.....you know we love you man...but so far, you really are getting :pooh: 'ed on so far.....

Anyways, did you notice that T.O. is the only person still talking about last season? McNabb, Dawkins, etc. all have put it behind them, matter of fact Dawkins called the new comments, "Played Out!" last night on Comcast SprotsNet....

I guess the only person who needs help other is Owens...maybe you too since you seem to honestly believe that this still bothers McNabb...

tr1.....you know we love you man...but so far, you really are getting :pooh: 'ed on so far.....

Anyways, did you notice that T.O. is the only person still talking about last season? McNabb, Dawkins, etc. all have put it behind them, matter of fact Dawkins called the new comments, "Played Out!" last night on Comcast SprotsNet....

I guess the only person who needs help other is Owens...maybe you too since you seem to honestly believe that this still bothers McNabb...

Actually, Paul Sheridan was talking about it today :silly: . And he will every day until opening day prolly.

I don't think this stuff matters that much to the players. Losing matters. 6-10 matters. But I still think the team believes McNabb can get the job done. We'll see if he can.

Archived