Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Non-Watched Training Camp Position Battle

ragemdw

So i was thinking about something in the SKins game last year that really bothered me.....THE PUNTER!!

Yes i know you are thinking "is this guy starting a thread about the punter", but think about it, your offense is not successful every series and it is an important position...I just felt like Derrick Frost was not good...I felt like he just blew...and when I look at the stats he was ranked 28th last year..now should a super bowl contender have any position ranked 28th...

I noticed that we signed an undrafted Punter from California..David Lonie....His average was 2 yards better as a senior and he hit a higher percent with in the 20.

SO is this a legit battle?? I havent heard a thing about this guy that they brought in or what they planned on doing?? What do you think will happen??

There have been several articles posted on him in Redskins Breaking News, not sure how he is doing, probably be more on him during training camp coverage. I understand he has a great leg, has played pro soccer so has some experience in a pro enviroment.

I haven't heard much, but I remember some report saying he was doing ok. I like the fact that he's bigger than Frost. He would be another defender on punts that could really do some damage of the returner got past everyone else. I just hope he's fast.

It'd be cool to see him make the team and do really well, but I'd rather have whichever one the coaches prefer. They know better than us

Archived