Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Cards' Stadium...Looks Awesome

fdarugar

Someone has said that about every NFL team. If that offensive line holds up...the Cards offense is pretty scary.

exactly. - It wasn't long ago people said that about the Bengals. The Cards signed a decent coach with a good track record and are finally spending some money.

Sad part is again, you don't know your facts. That stadium is sold out of season tickets for the entire season... but why let a few facts get in the way of your uninformed opinion again, right?

Yes, but are they Cardinal fans? That city is populated with a lot of out of state residents. I'd say your probably going to see 50% Card fans and the rest for the opposing team.

The stadium looks awesome but I have one complaint. When the roof is open on a sunny day you are going to run into the same problems you have in Dallas with the shadows on the field. It wreaks havoc with the brightness on the TV camera and makes it tough to follow the ball on long pass plays or punts.

The stadium looks awesome but I have one complaint. When the roof is open on a sunny day you are going to run into the same problems you have in Dallas with the shadows on the field. It wreaks havoc with the brightness on the TV camera and makes it tough to follow the ball on long pass plays or punts.

I guess that would be called home field disadvantage?

Yes, but are they Cardinal fans? That city is populated with a lot of out of state residents. I'd say your probably going to see 50% Card fans and the rest for the opposing team.

Do you really think the Cardinals CARE who is in the stands? SunDevil stadium only sold out one game per year for the longest time and those were when the Cowboys came to town. Now don't sidestep the issue by asking WHO is going to be in the stands, your boy BUBBA said that it would look empty on game day, again stating his uneducated opinion as a fact, when in reality it was pointed out to him by several posters that the season tickets have been SOLD OUT to that place... for a while now. But like I said, Bubba never lets a few facts get in the way of his opinion. Notice he has not come back to rebut his statement, but even if he did, he would probably say it was taken out of context or that he was joking... whatever, man.

Do you really think the Cardinals CARE who is in the stands? SunDevil stadium only sold out one game per year for the longest time and those were when the Cowboys came to town. Now don't sidestep the issue by asking WHO is going to be in the stands, your boy BUBBA said that it would look empty on game day, again stating his uneducated opinion as a fact, when in reality it was pointed out to him by several posters that the season tickets have been SOLD OUT to that place... for a while now. But like I said, Bubba never lets a few facts get in the way of his opinion. Notice he has not come back to rebut his statement, but even if he did, he would probably say it was taken out of context or that he was joking... whatever, man.

As a resident of a suburb of Phoenix i can tell you there IS definately excitement amoung the 31 cardinal fans here...lol. But seriously, the stadium has been built on the side of town where there has been a HUGE population shift...plus it is right off the free way and parking surrounds the stadium. Not to mention the obvious...having a domed stadium sure beats the hell out of that concrete bowl with bleacher seats. Plus, getting into and out of ASU can be very difficult!

X' and O's aside, this is going to be one of the nicest venues in the NFL...persoanlly I prefer out door stadiums like beloved Fed Ex with the elements...but the only elemetns here is ones but sticking/melting to the seats if it is out doors. I just hope they open the roof in December. At Bank One ball Park, now Chase Feild where the D-backs play, they do not ope the roof near enough when the weather permits. But I suspect they will for the Cardinals.

Now to X's and O's...the Cards are loaded on offense and their defense is decent enough to keep them in games. Anyone who doesn't feel they should be around 8 or 9 wins really hasn't looked at their roster. Remember what all the prognosticators were saying about the Skins this time last year? It is not unreasonable that the Cards sweep the 49ers, sweep the Rams and split with Seattle...that would put them at 5-1 in their division.

I AM NOT A CRADINALS FAN! ...even though I have season tickets. I am a Skins fan forever...but I'm telling you, and I have been saying it for a few years now...once the Cards got their stadium watch out!

The Rams were a miserable franchise until the go ttheir Dome and since trhen I think they have been to a couple of Super Bowls...same with the Bengals...they are on the brink and heck, they were 11-5 last year...

Once the Cards start winning, this will be a place FAs want to come...the cost of living is way less out here as compared to places like NY, Chi and unfortuealy DC.

HTTR!

Nice post, FunBunch. I drive by the stadium all the time (Live on the west side) and that thing is a work of art. I loved watching the progression and even though the cards have been a sorry franchise in the past I think this can only help them.

Season tix, eh? I'm going to try to hit the week one game since the Skins don't play until Monday night, but I'd never miss a Skins game on Sunday;).

Hey, calm down! I'm no defender of Bubba at all. I was just stating the fact that the sell out will not be a majority of Card fans which I would find very depressing if I were a Card fan. How would you like to go to FedEx field every Sunday and see over half of your home stadium filled with opposing fans?

You are right about one thing. The Cardinal ownership could care less who is in the stands. With the Bidwells, it's all about spending little as possible and making as much as they can. Ask the tax payers in Arizona how much that stadium cost them because the Bidwells didn't pay a dime.

Nice post, FunBunch. I drive by the stadium all the time (Live on the west side) and that thing is a work of art. I loved watching the progression and even though the cards have been a sorry franchise in the past I think this can only help them.

Season tix, eh? I'm going to try to hit the week one game since the Skins don't play until Monday night, but I'd never miss a Skins game on Sunday;).

I thought of that too. I am partners with a friend and have 5 games. The Broncos pre season finale...the opener vs 49ers since the Skins play MNF...the monday nighter here against the Bears since the Skins play on sunday...and I have the Cowboys and Seahawks games...the Skins play the eagles in the early game both of those weeks so I will get in my car as soon as the game has been decided...hopefully Redskin blow outs...or the games could be moved up due to the Flex scheduling.

I just love the atmoshere of NFL games...I really hope the Cardinals become a good team so there will be a chance of home playoff games, and possible the Redskins coming here one day in the post season.

117.jpg

0614_cards1.jpg

113.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cardsnewmain.jpg

What do you all think? Maybe they will be turning a new page and will stop being the laughing stock of the league...shortly...maybe...for goodness sake.

Nice lookin stadium. Does it seem like the roof is a little low or is it just the angle the pics were taken from cuz it looks like every punt would rocket right thru that retractable dome.

Someone has said that about every NFL team. If that offensive line holds up...the Cards offense is pretty scary.

Holds up? That line sucketh from day one and still sucketh. Even James can't make them look better than they are. Of course they can be #1 in Passing Offense when they're dead last in Running.

Archived