Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats the best time to leave for the opening game if traveling from Frederick, MD???

qcraftsman

If I am traveling from Frederick, MD then what time should I leave to go to the opening game verse the Vikings. I like getting there a little early atleast a 1/2 hour before game time in my seats. Help me out guys??? Thanks...

I was thinking 4:30 pm. I have to take the shuttle bus also. That gives me 1 hour and 30 minutes to the parking lot from Frederick, which is around 55-60 miles (270 to 495) and then another 1/2 hour for the shuttle and walking to seats. Does that sound right or is that not enough time???

are you serious? 4:30... from frederick.. u do remember that u have to go thru 270/ and the 495 junction and then all of collge park and then the 50 junction... its gonna be very tough.. if i were u, id like at 2:30 and then spend time at the mall before the game or tailgate very early

Yeah leave at 2:30 or so at the latest.. Give yourself plenty of time and if you get there too early you can always walk around the stadium, check out the Skins store or just sit in your seat and get your drink on early.. Better early than late for a game...

Realistically, I think 4:30 will get you there in pretty good time. I think if you have to account for stops on the shuttle and a possible 1 to 2 hour delay with traffic. Don't know if the shuttle gives you extra time or not, but sounds like you're in good shape to get there at least a half hour early. Even with a 2 hour delay (eeek!) that puts you there at 8 or 8:30. I'd leave as early as possible for the big day. See ya there...well at least in theory :D .

HTTR!

Realistically, I think 4:30 will get you there in pretty good time. I think if you have to account for stops on the shuttle and a possible 1 to 2 hour delay with traffic. Don't know if the shuttle gives you extra time or not, but sounds like you're in good shape to get there at least a half hour early. Even with a 2 hour delay (eeek!) that puts you there at 8 or 8:30. I'd leave as early as possible for the big day. See ya there...well at least in theory :D .

HTTR!

You must remember this is an early game and getting there at 8:30 would mean he's going to miss pretty much the whole first half.

You might consider taking 70 and not fight the 270 crapola....atleast on 70 the speedlimit is 75...I mean 65 the whole way...plus your going against traffic at that time of day. Then you could shoot down 695/95 south...not sure, should be about the same time taking traffic into consideration....:2cents:

I think I will end up at the gates around 2pm maybe 1pm :laugh: Planning to get there half a hour before kickoff isn't a good idea and is why we usually have so many empty seats plus this is a special game you know there will be a fly over :notworthy: and I think there is going to be a 9-11 tribute.

Alright guys thanks for all the info!!! I found out today that I will be picking my wifey up from work in Gaithersburg, MD and then heading out.

I'm figuring I am gonna leave at 4 pm from Gaithersburg, which will put me at 495 around 4:20 pm (no traffic on 270 going that way) and then that gives me atleast an hour to go around the beltway with all the traffic, which will be 5:20 pm and then we have the shuttle to the stadium and parking time, which would be atleast a 1/2 hour or more at 6 pm and then we have 1 hour still until gametime.

What do you all think???

Alright guys thanks for all the info!!! I found out today that I will be picking my wifey up from work in Gaithersburg, MD and then heading out.

I'm figuring I am gonna leave at 4 pm from Gaithersburg, which will put me at 495 around 4:20 pm (no traffic on 270 going that way) and then that gives me atleast an hour to go around the beltway with all the traffic, which will be 5:20 pm and then we have the shuttle to the stadium and parking time, which would be atleast a 1/2 hour or more at 6 pm and then we have 1 hour still until gametime.

What do you all think???

I think you're really pushing your luck. This game has the potential of causing the worst PM rush hour in DC metropolitan area history. I'd leave no later than 3PM from Gaithersburg, or I wouldn't even bother going. Your wife needs to get off early.

Archived