Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How does the scrimmage game really work???

qcraftsman

I remember them in high school, but I didn't make it to the scrimmage last year. I know they don't keep score. They are full pads and full hitting right? Fill me in on this. Also how many people will actually go to the scrimmage for seating??? Thanks...

This is how I think it is from what I remember from seeing it...

Redskins offense and Raven defense are on one side of the field running plays.

Raven offense and redskin defense are on the other side while ravens run plays.

I remember they televised a scrimmage last year between the packers and some other team. If I remember correctly they basically just ran plays and drove down the field like any other game. Anyone else who watched this please correct me if I'm wrong...

Each side of the offense gets a set number of plays (4 or 5 I geuss... can't remember). Doesn't matter on fumbles, interceptions etc. they still get the ball until they finish the set. The defense is what I'm not sure of. I don't think they do any tackling. Two hands on the ball carrier and the play is dead I geuss, but I'm not sure.

Yeah pretty much what everyone said...redskins o vs ravens d on one side and ravens o vs redskins d on the other. No tackling the qbs (deon had a few sacks if i recall correctly) and turnovers don't mean anything (Ramsey was AWFUL last year). Honestly, the scrimmage wasn't at all indicative to the actual regular season, as the ravens absolutely outplayed us through the entire thing. I remember the guys (ravens fans) behind me saying "look at us, we're goin to the superbowl, no doubt" and the other guy sayin "dude, remember we're crushing the Redskins, not a real team."

I live about 4 hours away from Landover and i was planning on going to this... but is it worth the drive... how about the other stuff that goes on... gas is high these days i need to save money for the real games i am going to this year..... is anyone else driving a distance to go?????

It stinks if you are expecting a game but at this time of the year its the greatest thing on earth :laugh: Its watching O lineman go one on one at 80%speed. Punt returns with everybody lined up and only the Punter and the kickreturner doing anything for 15 minutes and then they might do 7 0n 7 and then 11 on 11.

I live about 4 hours away from Landover and i was planning on going to this... but is it worth the drive... how about the other stuff that goes on... gas is high these days i need to save money for the real games i am going to this year..... is anyone else driving a distance to go?????

Don't go to it.

Archived