Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bloom is hurt right now

Birdlives

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles rookie WR/PR Jeremy Bloom (hamstring) has a torn hamstring. Bloom is the most seriously injured of the three players the Eagles have placed on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list. Bloom explained the chronology of the problem. "I did it in the first minicamp, and then I came back and did it again," Bloom said. "I thought it was just a matter of getting into football shape, but when it happened again in Arizona, I knew something wasn't right." The injury happened again earlier this month while Bloom was working out with QB Donovan McNabb in Phoenix. It's possible he could end up on Injured Reserve and be out for the season.

From KFFL.

I did a search and didn't see this. I guess the Philly fans are still sleeping. When you guys wake up, please, if any details, let us know.

It's always sad to hear of an injury. Especially when it is a rookie hoping to make the team and get into his first game. However, I really don't think he would have done much for the eagles this season.

I find it hard to beleive I guy with his background would have this type of injury. The training he was accustomed to should have prevented hamstring issues.

I agree that he probably wouldn't have done much this season and my guess is he will stay on PUP until the 10th week and then likely will be put on IR whether he can play or not. He was taken as a project for the future so this injury will allow the Eagles to stash him on IR until he's in football shape and can learn the O. This way they don't use a roster spot. There used to be a coach on the Skins that would do that in the old days[pre cap]......

This is good news for ex-Skin D McCants.

There used to be a coach on the Skins that would do that in the old days[pre cap]......

I don't know what you're talking about!:laugh:

We had one good player at every position on the IR list. The difference is not only the cap but you used to be able to pull them off the list most if not all of the season.

I feel sorry for Bloom. But he wasn't going to contribute much anyway. The guy was a toothpick when we drafted him. He's just starting to beef up again. I'd rather him sit for a year and learn the system and the plays before doing anything.

Also we should note:

Bloom tore his hamstring while working out with Donovan in Arizona. Pushing himself too hard? Not a far stretch at all. I wish they would stop going out there and start practicing at the team facilities. Seems to do more harm than good.

That differs than your post-draft "We now have one of the most dynamic kick returners in the league" post.

The only things I can remember saying about Bloom were that "his signing is not really newsworthy but it isn't an Eagle fan making note of it" and noting that if Sean Taylor is going to hit Bloom it will have to be on the bench 5 yards out of bounds.

Since you are alledging by the use of quotes that I made a specific comment after the draft please supply a link to that quote so that I can see it for myself. Other wise I think you have me mixed up with someone else but I'll just chalk that up to the fact that you're incredibly jealous because the Eagles have the best skier in the NFL.

The only things I can remember saying about Bloom were that "his signing is not really newsworthy but it isn't an Eagle fan making note of it" and noting that if Sean Taylor is going to hit Bloom it will have to be on the bench 5 yards out of bounds.

Since you are alledging by the use of quotes that I made a specific comment after the draft please supply a link to that quote so that I can see it for myself. Other wise I think you have me mixed up with someone else but I'll just chalk that up to the fact that you're incredibly jealous because the Eagles have the best skier in the NFL.

Well, here you included Bloom on your list of top 10 rookies in the NFC East:

Bunkley

Gocong

McIntosh

Justice

Wilkinson

Kiwi

Carpenter

Bloom

Gilles

Moss

What a surprise...the Eagles first 5 draft picks made your top ten list!! :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Bloom. But he wasn't going to contribute much anyway. The guy was a toothpick when we drafted him. He's just starting to beef up again. I'd rather him sit for a year and learn the system and the plays before doing anything.

Unfortunatley, the best way to learn the system is by practicing and playing in it.

Well, here you included Bloom on your list of top 10 rookies in the NFC East:

What a surprise...the Eagles first 5 draft picks made your top ten list!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Rockster.....You did the search and you're confirming that Die Hard's cited quote is not my quote or you'd probably mention it so Die Hard was mistaken. No big deal.

Dwinzit.....Once you get past the first 2 rounds or so I don't know much about other team's picks but having read the Bios I know about the Eagle picks. If the Skin's ever have a year with picks in the first 5 rounds I'm sure their names will make many ES posters top 10 list. What was your list this year? The low rating of the Boys first pick was probably too low but I don't like him as a player and I hate the Cowboys as a team......so sue me.

Dwinzit.....Once you get past the first 2 rounds or so I don't know much about other team's picks but having read the Bios I know about the Eagle picks. If the Skin's ever have a year with picks in the first 5 rounds I'm sure their names will make many ES posters top 10 list. What was your list this year? The low rating of the Boys first pick was probably too low but I don't like him as a player and I hate the Cowboys as a team......so sue me.

Which is it...he's nothing special, or one of the top 10 rookies in the East?? :rolleyes: You put him ahead of Fasano, Montgomery, Green, Hatcher, Wilkinson...he has no business in a top 10 list.

Focusing only on your team, coupled with downgrading other teams players and picks based soley on your hatred for that team, immediately renders your opinons irrelevant on the subject.

I don't wish to sue you Pocono.....how much money do you have?

I agree if the Skins had more picks things would be different. I dislike the girls almost as much as the giants. Philly had a nice draft, but as you can see by my list, no homerisms and no skiiers:

I included some later round picks that over their career will make a bigger splash than some of the early picks.

1 Bunkley Ph

2 Justice Ph

3 Carpenter Da

4 McIntosh Wa

5 Moss NY

6 Wilkinson NY

7 Giles Ph

8 Kiwanka NY

9 Watkins Da

10 Doughty Wa

If the players acquired in trades by the Skins were included, this list would look different!

Focusing only on your team, coupled with downgrading other teams players and picks based soley on your hatred for that team, immediately renders your opinons irrelevant on the subject.

You know I've consulted my shrink and my minister and after deep meditation I've come to the decision that having my list of top 10 rookies in the NFCE considered irrelevant is a burden I can live with......somehow.

"Which is it...he's nothing special, or one of the top 10 rookies in the East?? You put him ahead of Fasano, Montgomery, Green, Hatcher, Wilkinson...he has no business in a top 10 list."

Actually it's both Rockster. The NFCE has 4 real good teams in it and it's unlikely more than 4 or 5 rooks will make a major impact in 06. Down the road Bloom has as much chance as any of the others not mentioned on the list of being a player....BTW....Wasn't Wilkenson #5 on my list?

You know I've consulted my shrink and my minister and after deep meditation I've come to the decision that having my list of top 10 rookies in the NFCE considered irrelevant is a burden I can live with......somehow.

Thats great to hear since ES.com lives with the burden of you as a member. ;)

PE.com is reporting that it's only a strain and not a tear (grade II strain, whatever that is)Houseman says the reports of a tear are a flat out lie. OOOOOOOOK. Either way. I hope he sits for a while.

If it occurred on multiple occassions as stated, he will need to sit for an extended period. The problem there is he's going to watch how big, fast and and hitting those defenses are in the NFC East. I hope he doesn't wet himself on the side lines ;)

Archived