Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bought my first house!! Utility help

Coooleeey

Hey Everyone, I'm still new here so no one really knows me but I just bought my first house. Its in Springfield off of Old Keene Mill Road if you know the area. 5 bedroom, 2 bath on almost a half acre.

I was wondering if anyone on the board is from around there and can tell me who is the local trash company. I'm also wondering if sewage costs extra on top of water and if its the same company. I can google for their numbers but I need to know who they are first :D

Hey Everyone, I'm still new here so no one really knows me but I just bought my first house. Its in Springfield off of Old Keene Mill Road if you know the area. 5 bedroom, 2 bath on almost a half acre.

I was wondering if anyone on the board is from around there and can tell me who is the local trash company. I'm also wondering if sewage costs extra on top of water and if its the same company. I can google for their numbers but I need to know who they are first :D

In Fairfax it is AAA however most home owners associations cover the trash. Depending on where you just moved from you will be shocked how much we pay the HOA down here. As far as sewage I do not think you will need to worry about. Check with Fairfax County Water Authority to make sure.

A house that big and expensive though you are going to hate the assesment taxes.

In Fairfax it is AAA however most home owners associations cover the trash. Depending on where you just moved from you will be shocked how much we pay the HOA down here. As far as sewage I do not think you will need to worry about. Check with Fairfax County Water Authority to make sure.

A house that big and expensive though you are going to hate the assesment taxes.

No HOA, that was one of the factors when we were looking. I would like to paint my front door if I want :D. I'll see if Fairfax water can direct me towards sewage if necessary...the only reason I am curious if I need it is b/c I did when I lived in Prince William County. Hopefully the trash peeps have a website I can get a price quote from. We have a separate escrow set aside for taxes which I'm sure will be horrendous. Thank you for your help!

Just to give you a little more background, its not just me buying the house. I have an identical twin bro. We decided to make the investment since its a buyers market and we have both been wasting money renting for eight years. Its time to settle down for 5 and hopefully by then it will be a sellers market again. If all goes as planned we should have wives and one will keep the house the other will pull the equity for another home.

All I know is I'm getting a big screen with HD to watch the skins games :cool:

Sweet chocolate Christ, a 5 bedroom 2 bath...in NOVA? I hope you don't lose your ass on that one!

(To answer your question, when I lived up there my old man took care of all that, so sorry...I don't remember! :) )

Sweet chocolate Christ, a 5 bedroom 2 bath...in NOVA? I hope you don't lose your ass on that one!

(To answer your question, when I lived up there my old man took care of all that, so sorry...I don't remember! :) )

Not sure how I would lose my ass?

Congrats on your house purchase! You must be in the West Springfield area, very nice area. Yes there is a additional sewage charge on top of water. As for trash I had a HOA that took care of that, but I beleive it was AAA Recycling & Trash.

I sold my town house in Springfield last year just before the market started to slide back. I'm hopefully heading back to the NOVA area and can buy a 3/2 townhouse for what I sold my 2/1.5 a year ago, SWEET! That's if I can sell my house in FL in another buyers market.

Good Luck with your new place.

-B

He meant how much you paid. In that area you are looking at a 750K to 1 mill with that much land.

Oh, I get it. Well I paid under 500k. Home was built in 1964 and bought from the builder by the seller. Its very rare to buy from the original owner so I feel we got really lucky. They raised their family there and last year finished completely upgrading the home. New windows, appliances, etc...home inspection went very well earlier this week.

It's a buyers market, the house went down in price numerous times.

Oh, I get it. Well I paid under 500k. Home was built in 1964 and bought from the builder by the seller. Its very rare to buy from the original owner so I feel we got really lucky. They raised their family there and last year finished completely upgrading the home. New windows, appliances, etc...home inspection went very well earlier this week.

It's a buyers market, the house went down in price numerous times.

In that case that is a steal, yes prices are going down but when you can get a home that big in that area you did very good. Congrats!!!!

In 5 years you could sell it for at least $700 with more improvements. We are not going to have double digest rise in homes, but we should still get at least a 5% increase every year.

I'd second that. Good Job! When's the house warming party? :laugh:

Work hard, play hard is what I always say. This is by far and away the biggest toy I've ever bought :D. Not sure when the party is...more than likely after I convert the old fridge I have to a kegerator

Work hard, play hard is what I always say. This is by far and away the biggest toy I've ever bought :D. Not sure when the party is...more than likely after I convert the old fridge I have to a kegerator

Congratulations on the house! It is a big step but well worth it! I bought my current house in 04 and still haven't put the bar in! :doh:

Pretty much everything is a steal right now. Cooooley is right, it is a BIG TIME buyers market right now. Im in mortgages, i havent done a loan in months in this area where my clients didnt get tons of seller concessions. There is so much inventory on the market right now, homes stay on the market for an average of several months now. A year and a half ago it was several DAYS. I bought my house 15 months ago. It was on the market for 48 hours and had 3 contracts on it. :doh: Just drive around and see how many FOR SALE signs you see. The supply FAR outpaces the demand right now. Coooooley made a smart move. :thumbsup:

Congrats! It sounds like a good deal. Is your twin brother a Skins fan as well? If so, that could rather confusing when we all come over & watch the Skins beat the bananas out of Dallas on your huge HD tv! :D

Just drive around and see how many FOR SALE signs you see. The supply FAR outpaces the demand right now.

Just in Vienna, Falls Church & Fairfax City alone. I haven't been to Springfield on purpose in a long time so I could not speak for that area, but Vienna & Falls Church are littered with FOR SALE signs.

Congrats! It sounds like a good deal. Is your twin brother a Skins fan as well? If so, that could rather confusing when we all come over & watch the Skins beat the bananas out of Dallas on your huge HD tv! :D

Born and raised skins fans. It will be confusing, people still get us mixed up...even our mother.

Just in Vienna, Falls Church & Fairfax City alone. I haven't been to Springfield on purpose in a long time so I could not speak for that area, but Vienna & Falls Church are littered with FOR SALE signs.

Try going out to Sterling/Ashburn/Leesburg. I think their are more houses for sale than NOT for sale.

Just **** in the woods and use leaves as TP. :D

Archived