Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freddie Adu a skins fan

gutlead74

he came from Africa did he not, DC football is his first exposure to the NFL, of course he'd be a Redskins fan. Can't call him a bandwagoner if he decided to like the Redskins first either, not trying to say you were. I do agree though, the bandwagoners will be coming in numbers, but we have the satisfaction of knowing we sat through the worst of times.

edit: guess I got him mixed up with someone else, thought he came from Africa or something, oh well. If he's from the area, may as well root for the home team when playing for another home team.

he came from Africa did he not, DC football is his first exposure to the NFL, of course he'd be a Redskins fan. Can't call him a bandwagoner if he decided to like the Redskins first either, not trying to say you were. I do agree though, the bandwagoners will be coming in numbers, but we have the satisfaction of knowing we sat through the worst of times.

true dat!!! and i have the aneurysm to prove it... i get in way to deep with the SKINS:silly:

I don't really think he's a bandwagoner...he started watching football in 99 and that was the last time we had gone to the playoffs...he seemed to know his football cause he remembered the game against the Bucs in which we lost and he remembered the botched snap and everything...He was 10 or so back then too. I just know that F. Adu is now my favorite soccer player!

I never really liked him, actually didn't have a reason to like or not like him.. Just didn't care either way.. But after listening to the interview he seems intelligent, well grounded and a good guy overall. Might have to start keeping up with his career.

Fredy Adu was born in Ghana and emigrated here when he was eight with his mother, Amelia and younger brother, Fro after they won a lottery to enter this country. The Adu family moved to Potomac, Md were he was discovered playing youth soccer. He is 17 years old, not 19. He has always played at a higher level due to his immense talent which is really starting to show this season. He has won a starting position and DC United are the run away leaders in MLS right now. We are 20 points ahead of the second place team in the Eastern Conference.

He hasn't signed with a European club because of FIFA rules that state a player must be 18 to play pro ball outside of his home country. Peter Nowak has done wonders with him and is really turning Freddy into a complete player.

And why do y'all not support DC United? They play in the District and they are winners. I bet if you folks went out to a game you'd become instant soccer fans. I'm a season ticket holder with United and I drive three hours one way because soccer games are great in person. After attending DC United it was hard to not be bored at FedEx with all the stops in the action and I'm a die-hard 'Skins fan. If anyone wants a real good time let me know and I'll hook you up with a rep from the Barra Brava or Screaming Eagles. They have a huge tailgate before the games and then they stand, sing, chant, wave flags, set of smoke bombs, and have a blast for 90 minutes.

Soccer is a wonderful sport, I wish more of us American's were into it. The incredible skill level some of these players posses is comparable to some of the NBA talent in the sense of the crossover dribble, incredible passing and shot scoring, except they are doing it with their FEET! The world cup was amazing to watch, and to have a tremendous talent like Freddy Adu here in the area is such a blessing. I don't think he'll stick around here but if players like Bekham and Ronaldo come to play for the MLS we could see a huge influx of European and South American stars following their lead. Then we could see a social revolution in the states for an appreciation of Soccer.

Adu will play for the USA real soon, but people were wondering if he was going to play for Ghana. I see him in the future playing for the USA. Man and he's a Skins fan, how can you not root for this kid!

Fredy Adu was born in Ghana and emigrated here when he was eight with his mother, Amelia and younger brother, Fro after they won a lottery to enter this country. The Adu family moved to Potomac, Md were he was discovered playing youth soccer. He is 17 years old, not 19. He has always played at a higher level due to his immense talent which is really starting to show this season. He has won a starting position and DC United are the run away leaders in MLS right now. We are 20 points ahead of the second place team in the Eastern Conference.

He hasn't signed with a European club because of FIFA rules that state a player must be 18 to play pro ball outside of his home country. Peter Nowak has done wonders with him and is really turning Freddy into a complete player.

And why do y'all not support DC United? They play in the District and they are winners. I bet if you folks went out to a game you'd become instant soccer fans. I'm a season ticket holder with United and I drive three hours one way because soccer games are great in person. After attending DC United it was hard to not be bored at FedEx with all the stops in the action and I'm a die-hard 'Skins fan. If anyone wants a real good time let me know and I'll hook you up with a rep from the Barra Brava or Screaming Eagles. They have a huge tailgate before the games and then they stand, sing, chant, wave flags, set of smoke bombs, and have a blast for 90 minutes.

how do all of you know he is 17? I always heard he has no birth records so they probably just assumed his age off of his intelligence level.

how do all of you know he is 17? I always heard he has no birth records so they probably just assumed his age off of his intelligence level.

I don't know about that. I wikied him and apparently he was born on June 2, 1989

Soccer is a wonderful sport, I wish more of us American's were into it. The incredible skill level some of these players posses is comparable to some of the NBA talent in the sense of the crossover dribble, incredible passing and shot scoring, except they are doing it with their FEET!

Gymnasts and ice skaters have incredible skill. But its still boring too watch. For me anyway. Maybe if there was some more scoring. 2-0 is like a blow out.

Archived