Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why this year is different than most...

Playmaker89

I admit, as a Redskins fan, I always go into the season very optomistic even if things do not look great (as do most true sports fans about their teams). But this year is different, and here's why:

1. Gibbs is in his 3rd year, coming off a season in which we advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Al Saunders was brought in to run our very dangerous offense and take that off of Gibbs' plate so he can coach the team not just the offense. Not to mention, our defense is even better than it was a year ago with several key additions. (Carter, Archuleta, McIntosh, Wright, along with several others who have the potential to contribute such as Kevin Simon, etc..) With that coaching staff and the personell we have, that makes us serious super bowl contenders.

2. Depth. We are a really deep football team at almost every position. It has been a long time since we had depth like this. QB may be one of our weaker positions but we have good depth there. At RB and WR, I don't think there is another team in the league with the depth that we have. We have 2 good tight ends and finally we have depth on the OL. On the defensive side of the ball we are loaded. Washington is our only true star linebacker but Marshall and Carter are still very good players and we have 6 or 7 very solid back ups. We also added nice depth to the DL this year too which will enable us to get a better pass rush and cause havok allowing our DB's to make big plays. We all know about Sean Taylor and we add a guy like AA to start along side of him, and again we have very solid backups at safety too. Then i love our corners (Springs, Rogers, Wright, Jimoh, and possibly Patterson).

Its been a long time since I can remember a Redskins team with depth like this and I think we definately have the potential to make a legit super bowl run. Though we are getting some positive media attention, I still feel as if many people still do not consider us serious contenders. What do you think?

I am really up for this season, each year I am hopeful and after last year, I really am getting excited. Even some of the media is starting to see what we have thru their blinders. I wish I was able to go to the training camp and see what is going on but I am sure that here on Extremeskins who ever goes will give us a great report.

1. Gibbs is in his 3rd year, coming off a season in which we advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

You could have ended your post right here. Continuity, continuity, continuity. It was the real problem why we couldn't develop team chemistry. That is what all the mediots are missing when they keep saying we can't buy chemistry. Yes you can. Just pay Joe Gibbs whatever he asks and get him whatever he wants and all of a sudden, poof, you have great team chemistry.

Guest Redcloud UK

This year does feel even more special and having Gibbs and the coaching staff

he hired here,is why this season we could FLY!:logo:

2. Depth. We are a really deep football team at almost every position. It has been a long time since we had depth like this.

It's been since pre salary cap since we had depth like this season. The teams will be lining up at our door come final cut down day. I do still feel we need OT depth.

Injuries are inevitable. The depth will certainly help. Pittsburg's run is what we need. If there are injuries, let them happen early so we can be 100% for the Super Bowl run. I am as excited this year as any in the past decade or so. All hail Joe Gibbs!!! :wave: :wave: :allhail:

Archived