Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Whitlock's Truths (Re-Merged)

Tulane Skins Fan

I was just about to post this :)

I appreciated the Redskins love, but it was discounted for me when I saw he picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Anyone else feel like the media jumps all over the Ravens every year at the beginning of the season to be the sleeper pick coming out of the AFC and they never do it....Except that one year when they won the SB with the worst offense Ive ever seen.

At the same time, if we get to the superbowl, as Whitlock predicts, is there another team you would rather play? I mean, I'd much rather play the ravens than the colts or the pats or the steelers or the broncos or the chiefs or the.....

Very true. I don't think the Ravens can make it, but if we made it and they were the AFC representative, I'd be licking my chops.

Hmmm...here's what he says about the Cardinals...

Denny Green needed to overhaul Arizona's line. Instead, he picked up a USC rookie in the second round of the draft. Do you remember how Jamal Lewis tiptoed all last season? You're going to see a re-enactment of that shameful performance in the desert.

Which is fine, but my question is, why wouldn't we see a re-enactment of it in Baltimore, too? It's the exact same cast of characters. Not a single improvement has been made to that team's offensive line.

He's right on about the Cards - and he should be right on about the Ravens. I don't see how he doesn't make the connection, especially since he himself pointed it out.

i would rather play the pats in the super bowl......just so gibbs can beat the best "modern" day coach and then retire on top as the best coach all time...

That would be ideal but I really don't give a flying hoot who we would play if we can just get there.

Some pretty interesting claims by Whitlock.

"5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason."

and then this one made me laugh:

"9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles."

I think Whitlock is the first major sports columnist to pick the skins to get to the superbowl.... right?

i'll give him the obligatory "i always liked whitlock, his observations are fair and unprejudiced" HAHA

Except he picked us to lose the Super Bowl, so he's obviously an AFC apologist with an axe to grind.

Im glad he said that about us but lets put that in perspective. He also said Joey Harrington will beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason, the Bengals will win six games this year, and the most ridiculous of all, tghe Ravens win the Super Bowl?!?!

At the same time, if we get to the superbowl, as Whitlock predicts, is there another team you would rather play? I mean, I'd much rather play the ravens than the colts or the pats or the steelers or the broncos or the chiefs or the.....

I'd rather face that choke artist Manning or even the steelers. There's just something about that defense with Lewis, Reed, McAllister, Rolle, Suggs..etc bothers me more than playing the Colts. Tom Brady would be tough, but I'd rather get the Pats or the Steelers as well. McNair will really help them. Now we'll all see how much of a mastermind Bellick is supposed to be.

You beat me to it! I must be losing my touch!

Edit: Let's just hope that he doesn't jinx us. The fact that he's hanging on to this "Jeff George is God" fetish, I'm not too comfortable.

My thoughts exactly - don't get too excited about a guy who "has allegancies to Jeff George." Did whitlock miss what George did after leaving the Vikings?

But then again maybe Whitlock thinks "leadership is overrated" too

My thoughts exactly - don't get too excited about a guy who "has allegancies to Jeff George." Did whitlock miss what George did after leaving the Vikings?

But then again maybe Whitlock thinks "leadership is overrated" too

To steal one of his commonly used phrases, Jeff George obviously "put a clown suit on" Mr. Whitlock.

Anyone else feel like the media jumps all over the Ravens every year at the beginning of the season to be the sleeper pick coming out of the AFC and they never do it....Except that one year when they won the SB with the worst offense Ive ever seen.

Gawd I know.....the Ravens are CONSTANTLY chosen to go far....they did win the Super Bowl and all....but it was 6 years ago, right????? They were terrible last year and are going to be awful again.....I think McNair is a nice player but their WR's and running game are bad...their o-line is poor....OOOOH they have Ray Lewis.....he was GREAT.....5 years ago....he has been on the decline for a while...the media does love to pick the Ravens...and the Cardinals EVERY year it seems. Its so funny.

The Ravens Suck.

Remember that Whitlock is the idiot that flamed Saunders earlier this year and IIRC said that we would regret having him on the coaching staff.

Whitlock is up and down. He's more wrong than right (See his comment about Indy and Baltimore for example).

I don't care who we play, as long as we get there. We fear no team.

Jason Whitlock once predicted the Chiefs to go 16-0 and put it in print....he actually thought it would happen, or did he? Jason likes to stir things up a bit. He probably believes the Skins are good enough to make the SB, but i expect he thinks really high of a few other NFC teams. The thing is, picking the Skins is more of an eye catcher, since many others probably hope the Skins fail.

Archived