Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Living Room or Fed Ex Field?

Beauty is Only

I love seeing it at home on my T.V. but you just can't beat the electricity that is in the air @ FedEx on gameday. The cheering & celebrating w/ fellow skins fans is amazing. FedEx over my living room in the rain or snow. Anyday.

Cool and thanks for the thread, but since you've never been to Fed Ex you can't make that judgement. Obviously different seats in the stands are going to be closer to the action and have better access to exits, but who cares? To be at that field with 80,000+ filling that stadium it's indescribable. You MUST go :) if you get the chance. I'm sure Mile High was quite an experience, but to me there's nothing like being at Fed Ex w/ fans, family, and friends who share the love for this team. HAIL! :logo: Watching at home is nothing like watching it live, period:D I hope you get the chance;)

HTTR!

I have been to exactly one NFL game in my life. I attended the 1994 'Skins @ Broncos game in the old Mile High Stadium. Sadly, in the closing minutes, Elway zipped a pass just out of Darrell Green's reach to an open receiver in the end zone and the game just slipped out of Washington's grip. Still, it was an interesting experience being in the stands (in the nosebleed seats) and taking in the sights, sounds and smells of an actual pro football contest.

So, most of my 'Skins-watching experiences have been in front of a television, not in stands. Still, I see advantages to that. One can see the game much more clearly and up close on television, one gets the benefit of instant replay, expert (sometimes) analysis, and access to restrooms unparalleled in any stadium.

So, while it's kinda cool to take in a game (and I'd never refuse tickets to attend a 'Skins game if they were offered to me) I feel like I'm getting more information and viewing quality by watching it on TV.

Who's with me on this? Who's against me?

FED EX FIELD ROCKS

This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately. I think being at the game is really awesome, but I wouldn't want to go to more than one or two a year.

I feel like when I watch on TV I am able to grasp the game better, knowing what players are making which plays etc.

I went to the NYG @ WAS game last year. When it was over I only knew 2 things: 1. The Skins won. 2. Santana Moss had a career game.

So strangely, I do prefer watching the game from my living room couch. The atmospher at a game, when you make it out, however, is definitley unbeatable.

I actualyl enjoy listening to the announcers, though. It's strange.

Interesting take on things kk. I found the game very easy to follow when I went to Fed Ex. I got to sit in the end zone and although I thought it might suck, it was great.

There is something about being able to watch the holes open and plays develop that was really cool and I hadn't really experienced before.(Even with the 80 dollars worth of beer in me :D )

I get my TV need met when the Skins are out of town. However when at home, nothing beats being there, especially if it turns out to be a game that will be talked about years later. We sit 10 rows up on the Redskins side Goal Line (where the helmet is). Nothing beats the sight & sound when Portis takes it in from the ten.

My 60" Grand WEGA and not paying $8 for beer is reason enough to stay home. Also, I went to two games last year, the Raiders and the Chargers. Ugh. I think I'm cursed sometimes.

I'm an evil smoker, as well, so there's another reason to stay home.

I will say, though, we were in the lower section for the Chargers game, right on the 40 yard line, and it was a hell of an experience (up until LT broke our balls). It seems like something that would be fun once or twice a season, but it's just too expensive overall for someone like me to truly enjoy myself without my subconscious nagging me about how much I'm spending. For the cost of one year of good season tickets, I could pay for my massive HDTV, which I use for many things besides football.

Bottom line, if you have enough extra cash for good seats, you can't beat it. Otherwise, spend your money on a good TV. You'll probably be happier with that decision once the season is over.

Don't you want to be surrounded my 90,000 (or less:mad: ) Redskins faithful? I know I do. Having said that, I still record every sports game that I go to see live including Wizards.

I do the same thing, whenever possible...usually it's a baseball or basketball game...

CarrollsMine99.

I think that football has by far the best TV product of any of the four (five, if you include soccer) major sports. That said, nothing rivals actually being at the games. One thing you can do at a live game which you can't do on TV is watch one player and see how he plays his position. That's really your choice, though. At the Atlanta-Washington game a few years ago, I had fun watching Champ Bailey cover Peerless Price like a blanket, not letting him get open at all. If you can't get to a game, the next best thing is going to a sports bar with a bunch of fans. I've never lived in Redskins country, so I've only gotten to do this once, but you get as close to a real-game experience as possible without actually being there.

But yes, given the choice between watching from my living room or from a seat in FedEx, I'd choose the Fed all the way.

I think that football has by far the best TV product of any of the four (five, if you include soccer) major sports. That said, nothing rivals actually being at the games. One thing you can do at a live game which you can't do on TV is watch one player and see how he plays his position. That's really your choice, though. At the Atlanta-Washington game a few years ago, I had fun watching Champ Bailey cover Peerless Price like a blanket, not letting him get open at all. If you can't get to a game, the next best thing is going to a sports bar with a bunch of fans. I've never lived in Redskins country, so I've only gotten to do this once, but you get as close to a real-game experience as possible without actually being there.

But yes, given the choice between watching from my living room or from a seat in FedEx, I'd choose the Fed all the way.

EDIT: I also have a perfect record when I stay through the game. The only one I've been to when they lost was when we were destroying Dallas in the JCK opener and lost in the fourth quarter. My dad and I had to leave early to catch a flight, and Dallas scored three TDs before we even got out of the parking lot.

EDIT II: Sorry; I think I hit the "quote" button instead of "edit." If you want to delete the above post, that's fine with me.

I love seeing it at home on my T.V. but you just can't beat the electricity that is in the air @ FedEx on gameday. The cheering & celebrating w/ fellow skins fans is amazing. FedEx over my living room in the rain or snow. Anyday.

But you can argue, as some have, that you get to see more of the *game* as well.

I'll never forget a play I saw in Charlotte, MNF, against the Packers, where I saw a receiver coming open down the sideline, and Favre pitching the perfect pass to the opposite corner of the end zone. The receiver finished the route, which, not surprisingly, had him cutting to that corner. Touchdown. Flawless play and view.

I had a similar view of Taylor's interception in the Chicago game. You could see that one coming pretty easily -- well before I notice these things watching on TV -- from even my seat at FedEx. Don't underestimate the power of the peripheral vision.

My TV doesn't wrap around my living room just yet and TV coverage forces you to look at the people they want you to see. You often miss the bigger picture, and I don't just mean when the cameraman buys the playfake. TV is trying to sell you RBs, QBs, & LBs, and that's who gets the real screen time. If you have a good angle at your seat, you can often set yourself up to see more of the game.

Now whoever supplies the video at FedEx for replays needs to buy a ladder, but ignoring that, I wouldn't even let replays persuade me into staying home.

This is, of course, why seat *placement* is so important. Also why sitting behind a pillar is bad news. ;^)

Archived