Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Living Room or Fed Ex Field?

Beauty is Only

I do like to go to games, but in all honesty, I would not want season tickets. too much hassle. I don't mind going to 1 game a year, but I get more information when watching on TV. Comfortable chair, accessable bathrooms and all the food I want at my fingertips (and I don't have to whip out the debit card). I love going to games, just not all the time. Never been one to get there 4 hrs before a game and tailgate. It just bores me.

I HIGHLY disagree with this....for some it is not feasible to go to each and every game(like myself and bunch of my friends), and I would never question their (or my own) fandom and loyalty to our beloved Skins!

A little defensive :whoknows:

;)

Just jokin man. Skins fans are the best fans in the world, no question. Doesn't matter if they've been to a million games or none. :cheers:

:dallasuck

You just can't beat the energy at the stadium, starting with the tailgate 4 hours before gametime and ending with the parking lot postmortem after the game. Then go home and watch the recording to get the details that you missed and relive the fun.

Exactly.

As a season ticket holder that goes to EVERY home game, you cannot beat the "energy" of a live game at FedEx Field.

Ask anyone who was at the Dallas game at FedEx last year and they will tell you about energy from a game. You can never get that from watching it on TV.

And besides, I get to watch the away games at home in my Redskins room, so I truly get the best of both worlds.

if you're really that lost at a game, bring an earpiece with you to listen to the game so you don't get "lost"

I have no problem soaking in everything going on at the game, I don't need Joe Buck yelling at me telling me that we like to run behind our guards and tackles

FedEx Field > at my home, at a friend's house, or at a bar

tailgating at FedEx is something that must be experienced... multiple times a season
:cheers:

A little defensive :whoknows:

;)

Just jokin man. Skins fans are the best fans in the world, no question. Doesn't matter if they've been to a million games or none. :cheers:

:dallasuck

Not really defensive...I just know that as much as I would love to go to more games, I'm not able to, be it time, family, money....whatever. I just don't think anyone should be seen as less of a fan....

It's all good....:cheers:

No when the bandwagon fans show up and this site has 80,000 members after this season, I will gladly give them ****! :D

I have been to two Skins games, both last year and both away games.

The first game was in Denver in the cold rain, and we all remember that game. It was fun, I had good seats and good friends with me. The only thing is I had two old wrinly farts sitting behind me that kept ****ing about first my swearing at the refs and then because I wouldn't sit down....although it was perfectly acceptable for the Bronco fans to stand when they wanted to. They sorta ruined alot of my experience that day and almost got me kicked out by security for not sitting down. I told hem nowehere did I see it posted that I had to actually sit in my seat. Screw em.

The next game was at Seattel in the playoffs. Again, great seats and again it was raining, lol. Noone sat down that entire game. I had a blast, especially at the smoke bomb tailgate. I had a family pass, too to hang afterwards down where the players families hang out and I met alot of players, ex and current. Got autographs on my hats by Brunell, Campbell, Ramsey, Byner and pics of them all, and my one hat - my Cooley hat (his autograph only on that one). Met Sonny Jurgensen, too. Hung out with Mama Portis over ****tails at the hotel bar a few times. met some of the Extremeskins guys. Much more to this trip out to Seattle this but dont feel like typing it.

All in all, there are things you can experience at a game that you simply can't at home watching on TV. I would never pass up the chance to see my Skins again live, but I really do enjoy watching the actual game on TV moreso than in a stadium. In fact, I just now saw the highlights of the Seattle game from a link in another thread and it was a trip remembering I was there seeing those things actually happening on the field.

Home also has cheaper beers. I do go to the sports bar alot to watch games since they don't show em on TV here alot in Denver, and Ilike to keep an eye on all the other games anyways....plus the fantasy football plays into that.

Overall - both have their pros and cons.....BUT if the Skins were coming to Denver again this year, you know I'd be tailgating my ass off and in the stands at the game. :-)

I've only been to one skins game in my life sadly...and while both have their advantages you just can't beat the feel and emotion of seeing it live. I got to see the Redskins and Colts game (my 2 favorite teams nonetheless) AND they had the 70 greatest redskins ceremony at halftime....oh yea we won too:D. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything

I've been slackin last couple years... so i put myself on the season ticket list... in 10 years i'm golden. Will totally make 6 home games this year.. Got the new Brittish girlfriend so I gotta get her some gear and add 1 to the fanbase...

Get me some seats so high I can turn around and see the ravens...

Living room. But I live in Florida.

I almost bought a pair of season tickets two years ago that were offered to me, although I think those were the now-infamous "obstructed view" seats. I planned to only go to a couple games and the sell the rest, just because I couldn't travel to DC THAT much.

Still, the living room has its fine points, and the last two years I've turned down the FOX morons and listen to Sonny and Sam on Sirius (TiVo syncs it up prefectly).

Living room. I've turned down tix to so many games in the last 5 years. I don't make a lot of money and I'm blind as a bat. Those 2 alone are reasons not to go to games, but I've got more:

My refridgerator, my bathroom and my BONG are always nearby. When the game is over, I'm already home instead of fighting traffic. I get in-depth analysis from tv instead of in-the-back-of-the-head beer spills from rabid fans. I get heat/ac instead of rain/snow/hot/cold.

Don't get me wrong- I very much know that the Redskins need fans to be there for games and the 12th man is SO key. I am very appreciative of the peeps who love going to the games. I simply can't handle the prices, the travel or the seating. I'm a coucher.

I watch thr Skins on DIRECTV out of neccessity. If I lived within 1,000 miles of Fed Ex I would buy season tickets today. As it stands, I wait for the Skins to come to Phoenix to play the Cardinals and make an occasional trip to Fed Ex to see them. They are 2-0 when i go to D.C. I plan on going to the opener.

But the sunday football experience with have=ing DIRECTV is sensational! It's like a studio at ESPN as I have all 8 games on 1 screen!

it's a shame you've only been to one NFL game in person, a loss at someone elses stadium no less. There's nothing like going to a professional sporting event, in my opinion anyway. Although I enjoy the creature comforts of home, being there is by far much better than watching at home. The bigger the game the better. Two of the most exhilarating experiences of my life were the Detroit/Skins NFC Championship game in '91 and last year's 35-7 Dallas game. Watching those at home, although I'm sure it was great, could never match the buzz and intensity to being a part of it live and in person. Fed Ex has it faults yes, but when you see it in person you are a part of the game.

The only advantage I see to staying home, as opposed to actually attending the games, is at home there is no line for the bathroom :)

Watching the play develop from the stands, being in the stadium with 90K+ fans...much better than being home IMO.

Archived