Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins preview from Kissing Suzy Kolber blog

Beaudry

http://www.kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/

It's halfway down the page. Here is a snippet.

It’s the 21st century and not only do the Skins look like they are on the verge of stopping traffic in suburban Virginia and Maryland so people in khaki pants can get out of their Volvos and sing Hail To The Redskins, there are things I actually like about them. Here are three:

1 - Joe Gibbs –In the movie about the old coach who returns to a league that may passed him by, Gibbs’ character last season went from Hume Cronyn to Wilford Brimley. And in a league where assistant coaches have become increasingly visible (and therefore more important? Not sure which came first), he’s got two pretty good ones.

2 - Clinton Portis – On the field, we all know the guy can play. But it is off the field where Clinton stole our hearts. His weekly press conferences were one of the few instances of plain, silly fun in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE in the last several years. I have no doubt that the powers that

be will ban them by the start of the season. In fact, Joe

Buck is already sorry they ever took place and thinks we are all worse off for having seen them.

3 - Dan Snyder – Short, rich, and apoplectic. He’s Kim Jong Il but without the nuclear capabilities.

Even if this wasn't enough for me to tune in this season, the fact is that this was a very good team last season that got better during the off-season. Despite a disappointing playoff loss which these guys did not take well, the Skins should be able to continue playing like they did during a an impressive run in the 2nd half of last season in which they seemed to gel as a team. They’ve got Portis, they’ve got Santana Moss, and now they have Antwaan Randle El. And despite the loss of amateur reality game show host LaVar Arrington, Gregg Williams’ defense still is going to be fine, with veterans like Marcus Washington and rookies like Rocky McIntosh and Anthony Montgomery.

http://www.kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/3 - Dan Snyder – Short, rich, and apoplectic. He’s Kim Jong Il but without the nuclear capabilities.

No way. Danny and Kim Jong Il may both be greedy height-challenged egomaniacal dictators, but that's where the similarities end. If Danny ran North Korea, you can bet their economy would be slightly stronger -- at least to the point where citizens wouldn't have to eat grass to avoid starvation. Of course, parking in North Korea would shoot up to $50 an hour overnight...

Is that Joe Buck comment supposed to be joking about Buck's reaction to Randy Moss' TD celebration?

I was thinking this too...I'm sure if he had made any comments like that in regard to Portis, he would have been villified here, and rightfully so.

CP's antics are good for the league and by saving it for the press conferences and off the field he doesn't disrespect other teams or players in the process.

LMAO - check out the Bo Jackson Tecmo Super Bowl clip a little bit further down, under the title "No words...they should have sent a poet". It's always fun to reminisce about the greatness that was the Tecmo Bowl version of Bo Jackson...

Archived