Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Series of Poker 2006

Warhead36

Starts in less than 50 minutes! :cheers:

NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I won it all this year. Sorry.

This year it's gonna be awesome until the main event that is PPV and no hole card cams!!!! What BS!!!!

That's probably if you want to watch it live...all the hole-cam footage is previously taped, and I'm sure will air on ESPN. If they showed it live with hole-cams, the temptation to cheat would be too great. ;)

How can you guys get excited for this? I mean seriously. Poker has started a craze that looks like it won't die. Now they have poker, paintball, DOMINOS!!, etc on ESPN. Just when I thought ESPN could not get any worse they stoop to the lowest level. Hopefully soon they'll start broadcasting marble and dice games. After that hopefully they'll start broadcasting solitaire games.

no i mean unpopular.. because it seems like poker is being used by all the networks like fox, espn and cbs... its a sudden craze that should die soon.. .

I'm not sure its fair to call something that has been drawing solid ratings for 3 years now a craze. The whole phenom really seemed to take off when Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event three years ago, a great combination of a guy with a good name and a good story really launched the Series for ESPN. Thus allowing spinoffs on channels like the Travel Channel to start its coverage of the WPT. Its good drama at low cost for the networks, I don't think its going away completely anytime soon.

How can you guys get excited for this? I mean seriously. Poker has started a craze that looks like it won't die. Now they have poker, paintball, DOMINOS!!, etc on ESPN. Just when I thought ESPN could not get any worse they stoop to the lowest level. Hopefully soon they'll start broadcasting marble and dice games. After that hopefully they'll start broadcasting solitaire games.

i agree, espn sucks. it reminds me of the movie dodgeball, where they had espn 8, and they were showing the dumbest "sports" footage.

First of, i love poker. Ive been playing since college, way before the WSOP was airing on ESPN and the current craze materialized. There are few activities that require the skill set that poker does and it provides a pretty good rush.

ESPN hit the jackpot HUGE with the WSOP. Now they are airing dominoes and paintball and billiards and darts and stuff to try and hit the jackpot again. They're basically going to throw everything against the wall and see if it sticks.

Poker will never die, as long as relative nobodies are winning 7.5 million dollar main prizes.

Agreed...now that Joe Schmoe can play online and win millions, people will keep watching

First of, i love poker. Ive been playing since college, way before the WSOP was airing on ESPN and the current craze materialized. There are few activities that require the skill set that poker does and it provides a pretty good rush.

ESPN hit the jackpot HUGE with the WSOP. Now they are airing dominoes and paintball and billiards and darts and stuff to try and hit the jackpot again. They're basically going to throw everything against the wall and see if it sticks.

Agreed again....although I do think they need to go in a different direction...

Picture this...games and reality TV combined....jrock mentioned the World Series of Dice....take TV cameras into the hood, find a dice game or domino game there and just let the cameras roll!!

Archived