Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV advice (yes Im lazy)

Kilmer17

my friend has a projector and loves it, I think he says hes got his diagonal over 120 inchs now :yikes:

you can get them for arround a thousand but you have to replace bulbs which are expensive. The upside is it gives you a bigger picture than anything else out there and is cheaper short term but bulbs will eventually eat the cheapness out.

My brother just got a 50" Grand WEGA HDTV from Sony for $2,800. I’ve never been a fan of Sony’s products but, the picture quality is fantastic.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7461409&type=product&id=1125465419565

My brother just got a huge Samsung and the picture is excellent as well (and I am a skeptic of paying thousands of $$$ for a TV when you can get a perfectly good 32' for $350).

I havent bought electronics of any kind on years.

Are the quality of product more similar now than years past?

IE, it used to be clear to never buy an American product if you could help it.

Is Sony better than Samsung? And is that better than Panasonic?

my friend has a projector and loves it, I think he says hes got his diagonal over 120 inchs now :yikes:

you can get them for arround a thousand but you have to replace bulbs which are expensive. The upside is it gives you a bigger picture than anything else out there and is cheaper short term but bulbs will eventually eat the cheapness out.

Bah $400 for a bulb ain't that expensive! I used to work with the AV for my church and the projector they had was $35,000 and the screen was 20 ft wide. Freaking awesome!

BOTTOM LINE Samsung’s HL-R6168W delivers a very good image overall, and an even better one when you take the time to disengage the DNIe processing. Its jumbo screen takes great advantage of the extra resolution afforded by 1080p, and the set’s punchy picture and vivid colors are just the thing for high-def Sunday Ticket holders. If the big weekend match-up calls for a big TV, this one can take you deep into the game.

One thing to keep in mind is the room you will be putting it in. The light levels have a big effect on the perceived picture quality. The darker the room the better for all types of TV's especialy the projections. As the room gets brighter the best bet is LCD projection as they produce more ansi lumens(brightness) than the others, except for plasma which to me is to expensive for the screen size you get. The DLP sets fall in the middle.

Also don't get to taken away with 1080p. At this point there is nothing on TV even being broadcast at that resolution and probabaly won't be for another decade. Also some of the sets that are 1080p capable have no inputs for a 1080p source. Go figure.

Archived