Extremeskins

WT - Sports radio station hits airwaves today

JimmiJo

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060718-121308-5762r.htm

Sports radio station hits airwaves today

By Tim Lemke

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

July 18, 2006

The future of the Washington Redskins on radio begins today.

Red Zebra Broadcasting announced that Triple X ESPN Radio, the new home of the Redskins, will begin operations at 4 p.m. with a show hosted by John Riggins.

The long-awaited station will be available on FM-94.3 (WWXT), FM-92.7 (WWXX) and AM-730 (WXTR), and will be the second all-sports radio station in the D.C. area, along with AM-980 (WTEM).

"Everyone's been working hard over the last month to create a business plan, a vision and an operation and put it into practice," said Bennett Zier, the CEO of Red Zebra Broadcasting, which was created by Redskins owner Dan Snyder. "Now we're ready to broadcast."

Live broadcasts of Redskins games will be the clear focal point of Triple X, but Riggins' show, which will air from 4 to 7 p.m., will be the anchor of the weekday broadcasts.

"I think it's going to be fun," said Riggins, the former Redskins running back who has a reputation for being unpredictable. "It's not like we've been in Carlisle for six weeks and someone laid down a game plan. You don't want to script me too much."

Click on link for full article...

Does anyone know if the internet site will go active today as well? I was just curious to see if they would start streaming with the first show today.

I so hope so, I like John Thompson, but the guy puts me to sleep, 980 took a real downswing when Mr. Tony went off the air

Archived