Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA 07 released at midnight tonight 7/17

ThreeKings

ZOMG!!1 I'll meet you at the flagpole after school so you can defend your honor! What a joke. I'd also like you to quote where I said anything about you not speaking. I enjoy a lively debate, especially with people who have no idea what they're talking about. By all means, type away.

The fact of the matter is that you're letting your personal bias get in the way of possibly enjoying something like you've never experienced. The people who are actually thinking about buying this game, or already own it, are trying to have a dialogue, and you're getting your sandy vagina in everyone's face when we're actually trying to have a relevant discussion. The fact that I just told everybody three posts up to seriously think twice before buying this game should tell you that I don't have any regard EA's public image, nor will I blindly praise a game just because I paid a lot of money for it. In fact, I used to freaking work for the now-defunct EA East, and they laid me off with absolutely no warning.

Yes, Madden for 360 last year was awful, but Madden 06 for XBOX was pretty sweet. I think calling all the Madden games for the past six years crap is seriously overdoing it, and your obvious hatred for EA colors everything else you say. It's called credibility, and a huge personal bias, combined with the fact that you've never even played the game, makes you incredible in this discussion.

Also, I can guarantee you that if they fix the problems with blocking kicks, you will eat your words if you play this game. I'll grant that it's a big if, but this game is a big step in the right direction from last year's Madden. But hey, EA sucks, let's not even give it a try. There's plenty of other football simulations out there.

fellas, it's a video game... don't forget, we're all Skins fans here.

oh, and I'd also like to comment... I still think that ESPN's NFL 2k5 was the absolute best football game I've ever played. I loved it... from the presentation to the graphics to the gameplay.. it was incredible. so I was also pissed when EA bought out the rights to every single football game.... it allows them to be sloppy because they don't really "have to" make improvements because they don't have to compete.

but with that being said, I still think they made some decent improvements on NCAA 2007. I think the game is great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it so far.

oh, and with the kicking game... I haven't really had any problems with too many blocked kicks, but I've only played single player games.....

']ZOMG!!1 I'll meet you at the flagpole after school so you can defend your honor! What a joke. I'd also like you to quote where I said anything about you not speaking. I enjoy a lively debate' date=' especially with people who have no idea what they're talking about. By all means, type away.

The fact of the matter is that you're letting your personal bias get in the way of possibly enjoying something like you've never experienced. The people who are actually thinking about buying this game, or already own it, are trying to have a dialogue, and you're getting your sandy vagina in everyone's face when we're actually trying to have a relevant discussion. The fact that I just told everybody three posts up to seriously think twice before buying this game should tell you that I don't have any regard EA's public image, nor will I blindly praise a game just because I paid a lot of money for it. In fact, I used to freaking work for the now-defunct EA East, and they laid me off with absolutely no warning.

Yes, Madden for 360 last year was awful, but Madden 06 for XBOX was pretty sweet. I think calling all the Madden games for the past six years crap is seriously overdoing it, and your obvious hatred for EA colors everything else you say. It's called credibility, and a huge personal bias, combined with the fact that you've never even played the game, makes you incredible in this discussion.

Also, I can guarantee you that if they fix the problems with blocking kicks, you will eat your words if you play this game. I'll grant that it's a big if, but this game is a big step in the right direction from last year's Madden. But hey, EA sucks, let's not even give it a try. There's plenty of other football simulations out there.[/quote']

Like I said, PM me if you want to continue the name calling in person other wise the discussion ends here. If you enjoy a "lively debate" how does the personal name calling come into play? I'd actually take the time to respond to all of your comments if it weren't for the backhanded, snide remarks. You're still acting as if my original comments about EA were directed personally towards you. The only "vagina" i see that was getting sandy acting as if you were the President of EA. My comments were about EA, at no point in time did I personally attack you. MATTER OF FACT, I didn't even know you existed till you decided you need to have a word with me.

It's not like you are going to change my opinion on the subject any time soon. Time for you to just quietly fade into the internet abyss and pretend like none of this ever happened.

GC

fellas, it's a video game... don't forget, we're all Skins fans here.

oh, and I'd also like to comment... I still think that ESPN's NFL 2k5 was the absolute best football game I've ever played. I loved it... from the presentation to the graphics to the gameplay.. it was incredible. so I was also pissed when EA bought out the rights to every single football game.... it allows them to be sloppy because they don't really "have to" make improvements because they don't have to compete.

but with that being said, I still think they made some decent improvements on NCAA 2007. I think the game is great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it so far.

oh, and with the kicking game... I haven't really had any problems with too many blocked kicks, but I've only played single player games.....

Here'e the thing. I make comments about what I feel about EA and I get personally attacked. I'm not just going to take personal attacks towards me lightly. If it was said about the games and companys thats one thing but towards me is totally different.

That being said I thought the ESPN series rocked too.

GC

']My brother and I played a game with three blocked kicks and three running into the kicker penalties' date=' including one which swung a game in his favor. I can personally validate the grumblings about the kicking game. Also, downfield contact doesn't always get called well, though my bro whined about this so much I might be a little biased. Either way, that's not nearly as big a deal as the kicking problems. [/quote']

Although 3 blocked kicks is excessive, running into the kicker penalties are not. It's not the game's fault that you ran into the kicker after the ball was already gone. That's one of the risks you take(in this game and in real football).

Since you have absolutely nothing to refute me with, I guess we're done with that fun little interaction.

Back to the topic, I'm still playing through my dynasty. I'll let you guys know if the kicking problems are huge in single player after the first season, if you're still on the fence about this game. Sadly, it seems that a little extra time in quality control would have been helpful, because the problems with this game are both easy to fix, and have a large impact on gameplay. Ugh. The fact that the rest of the game is so nipple-hardeningly fun makes it all the more frustrating.

Jweb, if you can, try a multiplayer game and let us know if there's any increase in wacky plays. I don't get enough time to play many multiplayer games, so my sample size is tiny. It's possible that what we experienced was an abberation, but I really doubt it.

Although 3 blocked kicks is excessive, running into the kicker penalties are not. It's not the game's fault that you ran into the kicker after the ball was already gone. That's one of the risks you take(in this game and in real football).

The problem was, neither of us was actively using our controller when it happened. It's not like we figured out a way to break the game. It just does it on its own. In fact, one of the penalties occurred when my brother was in the bathroom. He was pissed that I scored, so he let the game auto-play the PAT.

One way or another, you've got guys in the kicker's face on more than 50% of kicking plays, there's a game balance issue, possibly one that ruins the entire experience.

Again, I haven't witnessed this really at all in 5-6 games of single player, so it may just be a multiplayer issue. Either way, people need to know about this, because none of the reviews I've seen so far even mention it.

too many blocked kicks could definitely ruin the game..... nothing like being forced to go for 2 to tie every game in the 4th because you've had so many EP's blocked.

If this is legitimatly an issue, I wish that was an option you could tone down... I've already toned down the INT's and unsportsmanlike penalties... and I wish I could tone down the fumbles just a tad.

As far as the blocked kicks go, I haven't played the stiffest of competition yet, so who knows what happens when I play a FSU or Miami... I'm sure the guys on their kick block team are higher rated than the guys on BC or NC State.... I'll also play a two player game and see what happens.

I still miss the hell out of ESPN... in fact, it's the only old game I've kept... usually trade in games when the new version comes out. You couldn't top the presentation of that game, IMO... hell, I actually grew to love the gameplay even more than, say NCAA 05, that year...

As far as the blocked kicks go, I haven't played the stiffest of competition yet, so who knows what happens when I play a FSU or Miami... I'm sure the guys on their kick block team are higher rated than the guys on BC or NC State.... I'll also play a two player game and see what happens.

I didn't really think about this, but it might be the crux of the whole issue. Our first game was Cavs vs. Golden Knights, one blocked kick.

Second game was 'Canes vs. Trojans, and we started having all these problems.

There might be a correlation between playing with better teams and having more kicking problems. I have the awful Hoosiers in my Dynasty, so that may be why I haven't seen it as much.

I have the game for ps2.

Heres my problems.

Seems really slow. Like changing players. And all the dam videos in between. Can i turn off mascot celebrations?

Also i cant cycle back to my players. I always have to go foward.

And i cant tackle at all? Im confused with the layout.

What was the traditional madden layout for D. Circle to sprint x to change?

Game is okay. But they could have improved alot of stuff, recuriting and just more upgrades.

']Since you have absolutely nothing to refute me with' date=' I guess we're done with that fun little interaction.

Back to the topic, I'm still playing through my dynasty. I'll let you guys know if the kicking problems are huge in single player after the first season, if you're still on the fence about this game. Sadly, it seems that a little extra time in quality control would have been helpful, because the problems with this game are both easy to fix, and have a large impact on gameplay. Ugh. The fact that the rest of the game is so nipple-hardeningly fun makes it all the more frustrating.

Jweb, if you can, try a multiplayer game and let us know if there's any increase in wacky plays. I don't get enough time to play many multiplayer games, so my sample size is tiny. It's possible that what we experienced was an abberation, but I really doubt it.[/quote']

Like I said PM and I will give the address or place where you can see me on a regular basis. And refute what? What exactly is your stance, that the game is good? I think the game is still lacking. Room mate was playing it earlier today. So what is there to refute?

You can always see me at Gallery Place chinatown stop at 5:30pm everyday in DC if you want to keep up your verbal jousting in person. Or my house is close to Love nightclub in DC. Again pm me if you want the exact address. Otherwise be careful with whom you feel the need to call names.

GC

I have the game for ps2.

Heres my problems.

Seems really slow. Like changing players. And all the dam videos in between. Can i turn off mascot celebrations?

Also i cant cycle back to my players. I always have to go foward.

And i cant tackle at all? Im confused with the layout.

What was the traditional madden layout for D. Circle to sprint x to change?

Game is okay. But they could have improved alot of stuff, recuriting and just more upgrades.

I turned off all of the in-game slow mo screens... definitely improves the flow of the game. I also changed the controls back to the traditional buttons... x to change player, etc... that has helped a lot too....

I agree with you on the pre-snap changing of players. I would much rather be able to scroll back to a player with the x button then do this jump the snap garbage. I mean, I usually play with a safety anyway. It just sucks when you miss someone and instead of clicking back once, you have to scroll through 10 guys again... and it may be too late at that point.

I'm very, very worried about all these blocked kicks now. If it happens to me a lot I guess I'll have to put my best lineman on the kick and punt teams to hopefully prevent it from happening.

Like I said PM and I will give the address or place where you can see me on a regular basis. And refute what? What exactly is your stance, that the game is good? I think the game is still lacking. Room mate was playing it earlier today. So what is there to refute?

You can always see me at Gallery Place chinatown stop at 5:30pm everyday in DC if you want to keep up your verbal jousting in person. Or my house is close to Love nightclub in DC. Again pm me if you want the exact address. Otherwise be careful with whom you feel the need to call names.

GC

Man I understand you are trying to make a point, but you arent being very smart about it. Even the "toughest" of guys cant fight off a bullet. In this world today, giving away your information like that can be a dangerous thing. If thats something you feel you have to do, atleast keep it in the PM. You dont have to prove anything to anyone on here.

This is a video game thread. Thats the funniest part about it.

Regardless of what thread it is, someone takes personal shots at me I don't take them lightly. I make a few comments about a company and some misc dude wants to call me a part of the female anatomy. My sense of humor doesn't work that way. It's all about the principals that I stand for. I never personally attacked anyone on this board till peeps felt the need to come out the woodwork and "flame" my posts all for my stand on EA sports? wtf?

That's cool, I can accept debates about any subject, but when the debate becomes personal and people question my manhood because I feel differently then them then you damn right i'm going to do something about it. Untill then, the offer still stands. You can catch me at the above mentioned spots.

I don't care if it's on a message board, graffiti walls, text messages, voice mails whatever. Smack is smack, and when it's started I aim to finish it, period. It'snot even about proving anything to anybody on this board becuz we can take care of it in a dark alley with no one watching. It really doesnt matter to me.

GC4C

Man I understand you are trying to make a point, but you arent being very smart about it. Even the "toughest" of guys cant fight off a bullet. In this world today, giving away your information like that can be a dangerous thing. If thats something you feel you have to do, atleast keep it in the PM. You dont have to prove anything to anyone on here.

If that's how it goes down then so be it. I'll be the Biggie and Tupac example for the EA boards of what not to do when verbal altercations escalate. Like I said I am only in defense mode here. I never attacked anyone personally, only a company and a product. But again, I live by a certain set of principals that may be different from yours. Someone attacks me personally and it's war period.

GC

I agree with Matt- they definitley :hump:ed up the kicking game in this one. Almost every other kick is either blocked, or has a penalty attached to it.

I had an extra point blocked for crying out loud! I haven't had a PAT blocked in 6 years of playing Madden, and my first NCAA 07 kick gets annihilated. Oh well. Fun game, but I'm waiting for Madden.

Yeah, well, luckily I'm not going to go psycho killing spree over an Internet flame war.

Look, Gary, just let it go. We are trying to be productive again and gripe about this game, and this is turning into a one-man circus. I hold myself partially responsible, and I'm just going to let it go in the name of the greater good, even though I can't help but find this all pretty funny.

Cheaper than a movie, too, if you don't count the $60 I plopped down to have a relevant point of view in this wonderful thread.

I agree with you on the pre-snap changing of players. I would much rather be able to scroll back to a player with the x button then do this jump the snap garbage. I mean, I usually play with a safety anyway. It just sucks when you miss someone and instead of clicking back once, you have to scroll through 10 guys again... and it may be too late at that point.

Okay guys, let's save this thread. I'll give you guys a tip that helps me a lot.

Switching players pre-snap, you can just hold the B button and use the D-pad to switch players. In other words, you can just hold B and press up to go from your D-line, to your linebackers, to your safeties, or to switch players laterally within the line, etc. It's even better than having two buttons for it. It takes getting used to, but it's awesome.

']

Switching players pre-snap' date=' you can just hold the B button and use the D-pad to switch players. In other words, you can just hold B and press up to go from your D-line, to your linebackers, to your safeties, or to switch players laterally within the line, etc. It's even better than having two buttons for it. It takes getting used to, but it's awesome.[/quote']

Screw your advice. IT'S GO TIME, BABY!!

']Yeah' date=' well, luckily I'm not going to go psycho killing spree over an Internet flame war.

Look, Gary, just let it go. We are trying to be productive again and gripe about this game, and this is turning into a one-man circus. I hold myself partially responsible, and I'm just going to let it go in the name of the greater good, even though I can't help but find this all pretty funny.

Cheaper than a movie, too, if you don't count the $60 I plopped down to have a relevant point of view in this wonderful thread.[/quote']

Here's the thing, if you would have just addressed what I said about EA then that would have been all fine and dandy. I would have been all for a "civil" debate. But where do you come off questioning my manhood and implying that I am a female because I don't share your same views. wtf did that come from dude.

Now you want to act as if I was the first one who attacked you personally. Like I said I don't find any of this the least bit amusing. If I disagree with someone I just disagree, I don't resort to "fighting words". And to top it off, you find all this "amusing" as if you had intended to piss someone off from the start. Wtf is so amusing about calling someone a gurl because he doesn't agree with your point. Course you can always try and laugh in my face personally.

Like I said, I've witnessed the game being played first hand, and even played it for a bit today. Doesn't mean your point is anymore relevent then that of my own. The game is still lacking and so is EA for that matter. Care to take another cheap shot at me because I feel the company is ish?

Here's some free advice, if you don't want to tussle with someone be careful of what you say, period.

GC

Archived