Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: If N.K. decides to test missiles again

cjcdaman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My first poll and I think you have to submit the "new" thread before giving options to the poll. Thanks again Homer.

because i like your sig, i'll help you out. when you want to post a poll in your new thread, click the box down at the far bottom that says "yes, i want to make a poll"

because i like your sig, i'll help you out. when you want to post a poll in your new thread, click the box down at the far bottom that says "yes, i want to make a poll"

I did that, but it took me nowhere. I had to click "submit new thread" to go to the next screen where I gave my voting options.

I'm not sure there are enough options there, cjc. We're in Iraq. We're in Afghanistan. I have to believe we're going to support Israel in some fashion militarily. And I believe a second and possibly third front will open up in this war at some point as Iran and/or Syria join in.

So right there, you have potentially five fronts. Granted N. Korea can probably be handled in the short term with a few destroyers or maybe one battlegroup. But say NK decides to invade the south, or starts lobbing missles into Japan. Then what?

I'm not criticizing your poll. I'm just making the point that our administration damn sure better have a strategy for these multiple fronts. Further UN resolutions are a waste of time. They don't even bolster support at home by people who want "coalitions" or a "multi-lateral" approach. The UN is the ultimate paper tiger.

On the other hand, if the first part of my scenario plays out, and we open up a sixth front in N.Korea, it's going to be ugly. Can you say draft anyone?

After all this, my simple answer to your question is, "I have no idea." Glad I could add such insight. :doh: ;)

The danger is them perfecting said missiles (which he agreed not to have in the first place under the Clinton agreement) and them using them.

We should simply tell him the next missile that he puts ont he launch pad will be blown up along with everything and everyone within 2 miles of the site. Then have the stones to actually do it and not draw another imaginary line the sand.

The reason I wanted to make the poll was after I watched a segment of "Meet the Press" which had Gingrich® and Biden(D) going back and forth over the issue. But, they did agree on one thing . . . if N.K. knew, not thought, KNEW that we would destroy it's missile sites if a test was conducted . . . they would never bring the missile to the launching pad. The two also agreed that N.K. would most likely shell and invade S.K. if we did destroy their sites. They felt that, again, if N.K. knew that their regime/administration would no longer exist if they invaded S.K., they wouldn't do anything. But like someone said earlier, it seems like we are just drawing an imaginary line in the sand and letting N.K. get away with jerking us around.

Archived