Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins are old and capped out (Jacksonville writer)......

Tom [Giants fan]

This guy is OBSESSED with the draft. Apparently, he bases all his football opinions and projections on it. And, since we didn't have many picks this year, that is all he knows about us. So since we don't have many rookies coming in, we must be old.

That's what I'm reading...

Interesting... as infantile as that logic seems, you at least gave me some rhyme and reason for what he said.

Thanks man, I think. :laugh: Forget the fact that B-Lloyd is only a year older than some of the WRs who we could of drafted that this guy would have loved...

who cares what this guy says. he has the panthers as the favorite in the AFC!

also, we have one of the youngest cores of players in the league. our oline can play together for 8 more years; portis, moss, lloyd, randle-el, cooley, campbell. Our entire offense will be together for a long time coming.

on defense we have young mr. macintosh, washington, griffin, rogers, TAYLOR, marshall. our team is built for now AND fr the future, and cap trouble doesnt exist on a Snyder team.

We probably have the best situation in football.

']Ding Ding' date=' we have a winner. this is why I posted it. If I remember correctly, didn't the Redskins get younger through free agency? I do not pretend to know anything about the Redskins' cap situation because they are supposed to be cap strapped every year and it hasn't happened yet. The only place that there is age is at QB. But Brunell showed he still has something left.

There, I explained myself for posting this even though I didn't know I had too.[/quote']

I was with you Tom, you were just being part of the board. Dont pay any attention to anyone, its been a long offseason, and this year people are acting like saying anything negative about the team is blasphemy. It's wierd. It wasnt like this last season this time around.

You come on a Redskins site and post this? You are a hypocrite and a TROLL. Why don't you leave and not come back?
You post this on a Redskins' site and then have the AUDACITY to cry when Real Redskins call you on it as if they aren't supposed to think you aren't trolling?

I could care less if you had a 5 million post count. Some of the die-hard Skins fans like myself are going to speak up.

Flame off there, Johnny Storm.

Tom,

I read the title of the thread, then read the original poster's name.

I did not feel misled in anyway, shape, or form.

Thanks for providing us with this specific link, and your overall contributions to this board. You're a big reason why Giant's fans remain, overall, the least disliked amongst the Redskins fans on this board.

Excuse me but did you mean to print this article in 2000 after we signed Deion, Bruce Smith and Mark Carrier. Then we were capped strapped --- we aren't capped strapped any more and we are a very young team with the oldest player on the offense being Mark Brunnell. Our defense is also very young.

We are a pretty young team with a lot of talent and depth with the best coach that ever coached in the NFL as well as some damn good assistant coaches. We will go to atleast the NFC Championship game this year if not super bowl XLI. BTW, there is no such thing as XXXX1 it is XL1 and carolina is in the NFC not the AFC you idiot.

Someone please send this to him as it pissed me off more than other opinion because it is so untrue. Just look at your top ten and you'll find many teams older than we are and many teams that actually are cap strapped. Touche!

Someone please send this or a form of this letter to mr. idiot.

To clarify, I am venting at the Jacksonville beat writer not you Tom.

There is something else to let you guys know though.

1- Ketchman hates making power rankings at all, especially this early. His opinion is that they mean nothing until the week of the opener.

2- He's currently on vacation, which started the 12th. I know because I read his "Ask Vic" columns, which are good pieces for fans of that team. Actually, I always thought Redskins.com should do a daily Q&A thing like that.

Odds are he was told to put this out, didn't want to because he was on vacation, and put out crappy work just to get it out of his hair.

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Cheers Lyrics

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.

Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see,

our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name.

Don't let the *******s get you down, Tom.

You've developed a respected reputation here the old fashioned way...you earned it.

A troll with nearly 8k posts and a history of civility... :doh:

I'm sorry, a lot of you guys have a lot of growing up to do. Either that, or you need to get into the practice of reading the ENTIRE THREAD before you start flaming.

My exact thoughts JS, sometimes the cover on the book looks bad, but once you start reading it you realize its one of your favorite novels.

Tom you are appreciated here and we welcome your input......

EVEN THOUGH THE GIANTS STINK:D

This thread was started by a gaints fan thet gets his kicks screwing with skin fans. A writer in jacksonville. LOSER!!!!

No, this thread was started by a knowledgeable, respected member of the board who just posted an article. The fact that Tom roots for the Giants in no way means that he deserves to be subjected to insults or vilification here. You might have missed this elsewhere.....

The only comment I'll make is, I have more respect, and rather read posts from a few of our visitors over 50% of the Skins fans posting here. We have so very smart, respectful visitors here, and we could use a few more.

It applies here as well and can't be said any better.

Okay this "alleged" sportswriter is making Peter King & Lenny P. look like they should be in the running for the Puletzer Prize.

As ar as Tom goes...to those busting on him...back WAY off of him!!!!

He maybe pulls for another team but when it comes to football....the man knows what he is talking about. There is a reason he is refered to as RESPECTED Opponent.

As ar as Tom goes...to those busting on him...back WAY off of him!!!!

He maybe pulls for another team but when it comes to football....the man knows what he is talking about. There is a reason he is refered to as RESPECTED Opponent.

I agree. We all know that Tom pulls for the Redsk..., I mean Giants. - Yeah, that's it. The Giants :shhh:

My favorite part of this article was this:

"1. Patriots -- They're the best team in the best conference."

The AFC East is the best conference??? Granted the dolphins are on the rise, but the Bills and Jets more than suck. The NFC East is obviously the best division in football, and I would say the AFC North (Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) and the AFC West (Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs) are both definately better divisions as well. One could argue the AFC south, and NFC south are also superior. So basically the Patriots are the best team in the 4th-6th best division in the NFL.

And Tom, if you need a hug I'm here for you buddy. Not a close passionate hug though, only a double pat on the back manly hug.

oh god. that guy is a senior writer for the jaguars?

worst.ananlysis.ever

He is a complete loser. There are better writers here in Jax and this a hole knows nothing. What he should be saying is that his beloved Jaguars don't have a reciever with more than two years experience and they all pretty much suck.

Archived