Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins are old and capped out (Jacksonville writer)......

Tom [Giants fan]

Who is Vic Ketchman, and why do I care what he has to say?

Why did you post this Tom?[/Quote]

These things are posted here all the time. It is an opinion about the Redskins that I thought would be of interest. This is the warpest opinion I've seen of them so far.

Some of you need to relax or stop drinking if you think I have some kind of bad intentions in posting this.

Truly baffling, on multiple levels. Aside from his Skins "analysis" (aren't several teams in his top 12 far older and far more cap-strapped than we are? um, yes), he seems to know very, very little about the league.

The Eagles at 8 by no other NFC East teams in the Top 12?

The Chiefs at 3, when they lost Saunders and still don't have decent receivers beyond Gonzo?

The Jags thing is clearly a homer pick but still idiotic - some big defensive losses (and Smith), plus their RB and QB can't stay healthy.

And a lot of the teams in his "what's left?" category could arguably make some noise in their respective divisions (Vikes, Browns, Cards, and Rams).

But maybe I'm looking for logic and evidence. So sue me.

I wouldn't call many of these guys old. offensively Brunell could be called old, he's a 13 year vet. The oldest O lineman is Jansen at 7 years which is not that old. Moss is the oldest receiver with 5 years in, and portis is a 4 year vet. With the exception of Brunell that is a young offense.

On defense the oldest starter on the line should be Daniels, who is a 10 year vet, Salave'a is a 7 year vet and griffin is 6 so on the D line they're old but not ancient. Washington should be the oldest linebacker at 6 years in the NFL. The oldest player in the secondary is springs who has been around for 9 years. still a relatively young D.

Ketchman's going to talk about the cap until we actually have problems....which I'm finally convinced we never will because of the Snyder-bank-cap-hax-squad in the front office. I frequent Jaguars.com, and he's still bitter about the Jaguars' poor cap management during the end of the 90s and turn of the century. The fact that he puts the Chiefs at 3, with Herm "Sunday Blues" Edwards at the helm is a joke any way you slice it.

I am kind of surprised at the low ranking, though, because he's awfully worried about us in regard to the Jaguars facing us.

FYI, he also said this about the NFC East's drafting:

Dallas—Bobby Carpenter is underrated. Anthony Fasano isn't Mark Bavaro but Fasano is value at pick 53. The rest of the crop is just OK. Grade: B-

New York Giants—The Giants traded down and got a big-time talent, Mathias Kiwanuka, at pick 32. Sinorice Moss will help the offense. Grade: C

Philadelphia—This might be the best draft of them all. The Eagles got sensational big-guy value in Brodrick Bunkley, Winston Justice and Max Jean-Gilles. Chris Gocong is an indescribably exciting pass-rusher. Jason Avant is big-time value in round four and Jeremy Bloom is an intriguing second-day pick. The Eagles are back. Grade: A

Washington—This is embarrassing. No first-round pick. No third-round pick. No fourth-round pick. Don't tell me the Redskins are a Super Bowl contender. Grade: F

http://jaguars.com/story/5155.asp

He's just a small-market guy who's jealous of the big-market guys. He puts a little too much emotion into his journalism because he can't seperate himself from a story. His allegiances to "old school owners" is what leads to the hate. I can't blame him, being a Toronto Blue Jays fan I hate the Yankees and Red Sox because my team can only muster $70 to pay players in its best days after the strike.

Hmmmmmm....

I want to give Tom the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he is Member 119, but this was garbage.

There is no football discussion here, especially regarding the Redskins. There is no reason, in fact, to be posting in this forum at all. The subject line just says, "The Redskins are old and capped out", with no kind of support, either in your post or in the linked article. As far as I can tell, it was posted only to inflame.

I'm not a mod, and I don't wish to assume to be able to do their job, but this looks like textbook trolling to me.

You're better than this...

Tom I don't post much but I do read alot. I have been around for awhile.(Prior to the Buy-out) You are definately not trolling, you are one of the most level headed football fans I have seen on this board.(This includes Skins Fans) Thanks for the post. The "expert" that wrote this article is a schmuck.

Truly baffling, on multiple levels. Aside from his Skins "analysis" (aren't several teams in his top 12 far older and far more cap-strapped than we are? um, yes), he seems to know very, very little about the league.[/Quote]

Ding Ding, we have a winner. this is why I posted it. If I remember correctly, didn't the Redskins get younger through free agency? I do not pretend to know anything about the Redskins' cap situation because they are supposed to be cap strapped every year and it hasn't happened yet. The only place that there is age is at QB. But Brunell showed he still has something left.

There, I explained myself for posting this even though I didn't know I had too.

']These things are posted here all the time. It is an opinion about the Redskins that I thought would be of interest. This is the warpest opinion I've seen of them so far.

Some of you need to relax or stop drinking if you think I have some kind of bad intentions in posting this.

ewww..... ewww.... its so WRONG

(for you to ask us to stop drinking) :cheers:

Hmmmmmm....

I want to give Tom the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he is Member 119, but this was garbage.

There is no football discussion here, especially regarding the Redskins. There is no reason, in fact, to be posting in this forum at all. The subject line just says, "The Redskins are old and capped out", with no kind of support, either in your post or in the linked article. As far as I can tell, it was posted only to inflame.

I'm not a mod, and I don't wish to assume to be able to do their job, but this looks like textbook trolling to me.

You're better than this...[/Quote]

You know what? With the kind of day I've had, I don't give a crap what you think of this. It was meant to show Redskin fans another warped view of their team. One in which I don't agree with at all. The Redskins worry me more than the Eagles and McNabb and the Cowboys with Owens.

Am I done explaining myself here? :doh:

']These things are posted here all the time. It is an opinion about the Redskins that I thought would be of interest. This is the warpest opinion I've seen of them so far.

I think the real problem is the subject line. If you changed it to something like Florida Times-Union: "Redskins are old and capped out" your intentions would have been clearer.

It seems subtle, but I think it would make a difference in how people saw the post...

']You know what? With the kind of day I've had' date=' I don't give a crap what you think of this. It was meant to show Redskin fans another warped view of their team. One in which I don't agree with at all. The Redskins worry me more than the Eagles and McNabb and the Cowboys with Owens.

Am I done explaining myself here? :doh:[/quote']

No!!! NOW DANCE!!!! :evil:

Dance while you explain your honest and balanced deeds! :hammer:

Tom it's for the exact reason that you are such a respected fan from an opposing team that I asked you why you posted this. Had you written, "look at what this fool wrote" or something comparable, it would have come accross differently. A little clarity is all I was asking for. :)

']You know what? With the kind of day I've had' date=' I don't give a crap what you think of this. It was meant to show Redskin fans another warped view of their team. One in which I don't agree with at all. The Redskins worry me more than the Eagles and McNabb and the Cowboys with Owens.

Warped view? Here's a warped view for you.

Eli_Giants_Shockey_sig.jpg

Truly baffling, on multiple levels. Aside from his Skins "analysis" (aren't several teams in his top 12 far older and far more cap-strapped than we are? um, yes), he seems to know very, very little about the league.

Vic Ketchman knows his football, he's been around for a long time. He's just biased and subjective. He actually reminds me of a lot of posters here. :D

:jk: <3

Tom it's for the exact reason that you are such a respected fan from an opposing team that I asked you why you posted this. Had you written, "look at what this fool wrote" or something comparable, it would have come accross differently. A little clarity is all I was asking for.[/Quote]

If it had been my first post, I would have expected you to want clarity. I figured by now people would know I don't start flaming threads or troll. I thought I had built a reputation better than that here. What I was actually doing is giving you another guy to bombard with emails now or after the season.

']There' date=' I explained myself for posting this even though I didn't know I had too.[/quote']

Usually, being a fan of an opposing team, that is usually a good idea. Posting that without some explination is going to get people to question your motives.

Jason

It's cool. It's just that the internet makes intentions hard to judge. The way you posted this made it look like trolling. Because you're you, that didn't make much sense, but that's what it looked like, and not just to me. It was just a misunderstanding, which happens sometimes when you deal only in text.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day.

Archived