Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long?

Linen79

I really can't remember when I became a Redskins fan, but I do remember that Joe Kuharich was the coach. Television was in black and white, and the screen was about 10 inches or so. I can remember going to watch a game at Griffith Stadium and being suprised that the uniforms were in color. (joking on that part)

2? Wow, I see your parents wasted no time in raising you right :cool: . 40th year for me. My grandma lived in Fredericksburg, VA and we would go down there just about every weekend to watch the away games. Sometimes, my Dad and Uncles (who also lived there) would go down to Richmond and watch some home games. Funny tidbit on an incident at the TV station, and BTW, WELCOME to ES :cheers: :

For years professional football rules did not allow TV carriage in the city of origination. Redskins fans drove to Richmond on Washington blackout days, rented motel rooms, hauled in cases of beer and settled down to watch the screen. One Sunday network chieftains, for a reason now forgotten, decided to switch games at the last minute. The station's night door rattled under great pounding less than 30 minutes into the substitute tournament. Standing outside was a beer sloshed crowd of Washingtonians who announced that the engineer's face was about to be rearranged and the building dismantled brick by brick. Ordinary door glass was replaced by wire reinforced lexan and the lock quickly beefed up as a result of the incident.

hello redskins fans, i have been a "redskins fan" for about 50 yrs. 57 yrs old now. i can

remember when they were the team on CBS tv. eddie lebaron (quarterback) the team

was not that good back then but fun to watch. that is my "flashback"memory

REDSKINS IN 2006!!!!!!!!! wayne

35 years, since 1970...just as diehard now as I was when I was a kid. Good, mediocre, and bad teams...always a skins fan. I used to get up at 1-3 am in Germany to watch a Skins game if one was on. I remember crying at the age of 8 when we lost to Miami.

I've bred two more die hard Skins fans to add to the fanbase at the Jack.

GO SKINS

PLEASE DO A SEARCH BEFORE POSTING A NEW TOPIC.

It seems once a week, there's a new thread on "How long" or "How did" you become a Skins fan. If you want to know, doing a search will lead you to many threads on these topics, from every year this site has been around.

Archived