Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladies and Gentlemen...this is the beginning of World War III.

freakofthesouth

There are few posts that annoy me as much as this kind to stupid ****. Blaming liberal democrats for what you see as inaction by the US? The GOP has full control and has had it for a long time. They are calling all the shots that don't need more then a simple majority. If you don't like what the US is doing now then blame the GOP because no one else has any control over it.

I liked the part where he told me he leans Dem and then repeats every GOP talking point.

This is absolutely NOT WWIII. In fact, to call this WWIII is an insult to our greatest generation and denigrates all of their accomplishments.

To have a WW, you must have opposing superpowers. In this case, all of the world's superpowers are on the same side. They all frown upon Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions, just differ in how to deal with it. They all agree that North Korea is a problem, just haven't come up with a solution yet. They all agree that Israel has a right to defend herself and all ask Israel to use restraint. Sorry, but the USA, China, Russia, and the European Union all against N. Korea and Iran is NOT a WW. It would be more of a beat down.

There is only one reason why Newt is claiming this to be WWIII: because we have an election coming up and he wants to scare the hell out of the Republican base so they come out and vote for the same incompetents who have been screwing up for the last 5 years.

if you lump china and russia among our friends i pray for this country

Oh really? You think Howard Dean is going to be cheering on a "p!mp slap" to a nuclear armed Iran?!!

Talking tough is nice on the internet, but is no substitute for a realistic foreign and defense policy.

Just what the hell are you crying about now AFC? What does Howard Dean have anything to do with anything I wrote?

Just what the hell are you crying about now AFC? What does Howard Dean have anything to do with anything I wrote?
I think he was referring to Dean since he's the head of the DNC and therefore de facto representative of the left; just as Ken Mehlmen is representative of the RNC.:2cents:

Guest 979guy
video of missile attacks on Israel..

What is most interesting about this video is that it was taken by Arab residents of Israel's third largest city, Haifa. Quite a few Arab villages in the north of Israel were also hit by the Hezbollah's missiles. Not only they have brought destruction to the country which they infected with their malignant selves, they are targeting anything civilian south of the border; violent, murderous aggression in the name of nothing.

Now, where is that smiley holding a "Nasrallah sucks! Go Israel!" sign?

:dallasuck ehh, close 'nuff.

Des- because you said that if Iran acts up we can just "p!mp slap them".

as if that would be no problem at all once they have a nuclear bomb. I am pointing out the fact that you already have Dean saying we have lost the war in Iraq- much less going to p!mp slap over Iran.

My point is that we can't just not act now- hoping some day we will miraculously be able to do whatever we want..

Des- because you said that if Iran acts up we can just "p!mp slap them".

as if that would be no problem at all once they have a nuclear bomb. I am pointing out the fact that you already have Dean saying we have lost the war in Iraq- much less going to p!mp slap over Iran.

My point is that we can't just not act now- hoping some day we will miraculously be able to do whatever we want..

Totally different context AFC. The pimp slap comment was relating to a Iran trying to involve itself in the current Israeli conflict with Lebanon. I agree with you that can not be allowed to develop nuclear bombs. If Dean disagree with that, so be it - I don't think very highly of him anyway.

There are few posts that annoy me as much as this kind to stupid ****. Blaming liberal democrats for what you see as inaction by the US? The GOP has full control and has had it for a long time. They are calling all the shots that don't need more then a simple majority. If you don't like what the US is doing now then blame the GOP because no one else has any control over it.

The point I'm making is that IMO based on what I hear and see from the Dem's is that they don't believe anything that is going on right now has any ounce of threat to us.

It makes me dizzy and gives me a headache that Dem's are incapable of seeing how big of a threat this ideology in the Middle East is. It's worse than Communism. It's spreading. And it cares not who is in the way.

The Dem's can't even agree as a party what to do other than "well, we gotta get out of Iraq." WHY!? What does that do? With the power vacuum right now, the fundamental terrorists could just walk right into Iraq, take over the weak gov't (as has been proven in the past) and make it worse than it was prior to the US liberation.

And honestly, if the Dem's could come together with a good idea that consisted of A) a spine, B) some guts and C) acceptance that the terrorists are in fact a threat, I would support them.

But I can't because they're so blind.

Imagine an America and the World if Kerry had won. My God... I cringe.

How can you guys be so concerned with the whether or not this is WWIII when we have internet gambling problems and peoples of the same sex that want to get married. You guys need to get your priorities straight.

A world war is exactly what the jihadist (Syria, Iran, Hazbollah, et al) want in order to shift the perception of America as "liberators" to "invaders" and gain popularity in the region. They're trying to use the byproduct of their "terrorism" (our war on it) against us…for this reason I think we (US and Israel) need to make a very clear message (which I thought we did with Shock and Awe): If you mess with us, all factions of your country gets the beat down, innocent men, women, and children included.

You're not afraid to die? Good, then you've got nothing to worry about.

I'm f'in sick of this nonsense. We spend 100's of billions of defense (or offense) a year, show me something…because I'm pretty much sick of this bull****.

How can you guys be so concerned with the whether or not this is WWIII when we have internet gambling problems and peoples of the same sex that want to get married. You guys need to get your priorities straight.

A world war is exactly what the jihadist (Syria, Iran, Hazbollah, et al) want in order to shift the perception of America as "liberators" to "invaders" and gain popularity in the region. They're trying to use the byproduct of their "terrorism" (our war on it) against us…for this reason I think we (US and Israel) need to make a very clear message (which I thought we did with Shock and Awe): If you mess with us, all factions of your country gets the beat down, innocent men, women, and children included.

You're not afraid to die? Good, then you've got nothing to worry about.

I'm f'in sick of this nonsense. We spend 100's of billions of defense (or offense) a year, show me something…because I'm pretty much sick of this bull****.

natty go stick your head in the toilet and talk to the **** down there, itll listen better

ive owned you before and ill own you and your twisted opinions again if i have to.

The point I'm making is that IMO based on what I hear and see from the Dem's is that they don't believe anything that is going on right now has any ounce of threat to us.

It makes me dizzy and gives me a headache that Dem's are incapable of seeing how big of a threat this ideology in the Middle East is. It's worse than Communism. It's spreading. And it cares not who is in the way.

The Dem's can't even agree as a party what to do other than "well, we gotta get out of Iraq." WHY!? What does that do? With the power vacuum right now, the fundamental terrorists could just walk right into Iraq, take over the weak gov't (as has been proven in the past) and make it worse than it was prior to the US liberation.

Who are these phantom "The Dem's" you speak of?

Are you listening to what they're saying, or are you listening to what other people tell you they are saying?

When has an elected Democratic politician said that there is no threat in the Middle East? When has there been an actual proposal for immediate withdrawal?

When you quote things, it would help if you attributed them to actual people rather than "The Dem's."

Didn't you get the memo? Calling communism bad is not PC anymore. :rolleyes:

No offense dude but it sounds to me like you are getting 100% of your information on Democrats from Sean Hannity. You say that Dems won't acknowledge middle eastern countries are a threat. How do you explain the Dems voting for the use of force in Afghanistan and Iraq?

...as for this quote:

You are simply and profoundly wrong. Border-line absurd.

I have an idea, instead of listening to the Republicans tell you what the Democrats ideas are, why don't you go to the source and let the Democrats speak for themselves?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/09/AR2005100900533.html

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200409%5CFOR20040902a.html

When has an elected Democratic politician said that there is no threat in the Middle East? When has there been an actual proposal for immediate withdrawal?

i agree with you up until this DJ: you and i know there have been some stupid ass people in congress on both sides that have advocated imidiate withdrawl. i know Kennedy is one of them, i know kerry at one time said this as well, and i know some republicans who have said this as well.

I honestly never read the text of the Murtha Bill until just now ... I suppose I tend to ignore the wackos on both sides, which is good advice for everyone in this thread. But after doing some research, I found out that oddly enough it was introduced in November 2005 and has had no action since then ... I suppose that could qualify as an "actual proposal," but a bill with such bare-bones language could never actually come to more than a symbolic vote.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.j.res.00073:

Kerry never proposed any such legislation, but Mitch McConnell did bring such legislation to the floor a month ago, supposedly based on Kerry's remarks, and six Democrats, including Kerry, voted to bring it to a debate, but 94 Senators voted to table it.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00174

Still, as far as I can tell, no serious legislation has been written nor has anything been voted upon on the merits. If there have been any calls for immediate withdrawal, they have been purely political, on both sides.

I know many people have said it, and they do so because they are politicians and they are in the business of getting votes - because there are people that want it so, and we are a democracy. However, there is a big difference between what people say that can be taken out of context, and what people actually do as legislators, and it's pretty clear to me that nobody has seriously proposed immediate withdrawal. Implying that the Democratic Party supports that position is disingenuous IMO.

Who are these phantom "The Dem's" you speak of?

Are you listening to what they're saying, or are you listening to what other people tell you they are saying?

When you quote things, it would help if you attributed them to actual people rather than "The Dem's."

Joe Biden on Meet The Press yesterday. He went on and on about how these regimes were of no threat to the US.

ANd for the record, I actually think Joe Biden is a very smart Democrat. He had my support up until what I saw yesterday.

No offense dude but it sounds to me like you are getting 100% of your information on Democrats from Sean Hannity. You say that Dems won't acknowledge middle eastern countries are a threat. How do you explain the Dems voting for the use of force in Afghanistan and Iraq? ...as for this quote: You are simply and profoundly wrong. Border-line absurd. I have an idea, instead of listening to the Republicans tell you what the Democrats ideas are, why don't you go to the source and let the Democrats speak for themselves? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/09/AR2005100900533.html http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200409%5CFOR20040902a.html

That's fair. And yes, I do listen to both sides. I don't base my opinions on Hannity. LOL!

The opinions I make regarding what's going on is based entirely on what I see coming from both Dem's and Repub's. I think I've made that clear. I've come to my conclusions on what's going on based on my own accord.

Like I've said earlier, I'm a Democrat at heart. My party has let me down. I don't like what they've been trying to do. And thats ok for me to have that opinion. These are tough times and everyone is sensitive. Believe, I do write my local govt all the time on these issues. I let them know how I feel. I voice my opinion quite often on local issues and global issues.

I'm still holding out for some great leaders to emerge from the Democratic Party. I was hopeful of Joe Biden. But like I said, yesterday he let me down on Meet The Press. I was really surprised he was in such denial.

Archived