Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help - Not sure where to post this

SkinsFanDelaware

I need help. Anyone here know Jonathan Ingram (ghost of clark)?

I bought his season tickets for this year.. the deal was he would change the address and the tickets would be sent to me. I just found out that he never changed the address and that his phone has been disconnected. What options do I have?

Thanks much

Sandy

if you already sent the money...I would...or try calling the cops...maybe?

Without a receipt or contract I doubt the cops would do much good.

Sounds like you're beat, bro. Best course of action now would be to pay the guy a little visit.

Without a receipt or contract I doubt the cops would do much good.

Sounds like you're beat, bro. Best course of action now would be to pay the guy a little visit.

not necessarily, if you stayed in contact via email(and saved the emails)you may have a case. if the cops can't help, maybe an attorney can. either way, you should still regulate.

I have all his pms, his address, and I paid for the tickets directly through the Ticket Office, so I have my statement and receipt for that as well. So im just deciding the best way to go about this.

Sandy

cops and an attorney I would say. Where's our favorite ambulance chaser?

(j/K)

If you have his addresses then try to lookup his phone number. Maybe he just changed it or moved to the second address. If this doesn't work I'd send a certified letter.

I don't know when the tickets go out or what the deadlines you guys discussed were but if all contact fails and the tickets are never sent to you, file a case in small claims court. Be sure to have something that says he sold them to you and proof of payment. Slam dunk.

I have all his pms, his address, and I paid for the tickets directly through the Ticket Office, so I have my statement and receipt for that as well. So im just deciding the best way to go about this.

Sandy

Good thing I work at a law firm - I was hoping it wouldnt come to that though.

Well - with those two things in your favor, it sounds like you have a pretty good case. I would try to avoid a confrontation, as it can only hurt your case.

SFD: I would not suggest calling the police. No reason to stir the pot until you are sure that you've been defrauded. Use force, be it lawyers or cops, as a last resort, and try to mediate any controversy before utilizing legal pressure. It's still possible that there's some misunderstanding.

Your explanation of the facts is a little disconcerting. Having spoken with the ticket office yesterday, they affirmed to me that they do not handle the assignment of tickets consumated by private individuals, i.e., you could not arrange for the seller to have the tickets sent to the buyer (unless, I guess, you have them sent to you care of the seller at your address, but that seems a little strange, because the ticket office requires a signed document indicating that the seller (or holder) of the tickets has changed their address). Further, as a matter of the contract that a holder of tickets signs with the team, a holder is barred from assigning his rights to the tickets to another individual. So it seems a little weird that the ticket office would assume this service.

As far as recourse, I'd suggest you use your best efforts to track him down via work, home or other numbers. I wouldn't take the trip to confront him in Richmond unless you're (a) certain he still lives at the address you have, and (B) reasonably certain that you'll receive your tickets or your money back as a result of going.

I'm not suggesting you just take this as a loss, just fully consider your options and the potential ramifications of all of them before you take any "next steps."

SFD: I would not suggest calling the police. No reason to stir the pot until you are sure that you've been defrauded. Use force, be it lawyers or cops, as a last resort, and try to mediate any controversy before utilizing legal pressure. It's still possible that there's some misunderstanding.

Your explanation of the facts is a little disconcerting. Having spoken with the ticket office yesterday, they affirmed to me that they do not handle the assignment of tickets consumated by private individuals, i.e., you could not arrange for the seller to have the tickets sent to the buyer (unless, I guess, you have them sent to you care of the seller at your address, but that seems a little strange, because the ticket office requires a signed document indicating that the seller (or holder) of the tickets has changed their address). Further, as a matter of the contract that a holder of tickets signs with the team, a holder is barred from assigning his rights to the tickets to another individual. So it seems a little weird that the ticket office would assume this service.

As far as recourse, I'd suggest you use your best efforts to track him down via work, home or other numbers. I wouldn't take the trip to confront him in Richmond unless you're (a) certain he still lives at the address you have, and (B) reasonably certain that you'll receive your tickets or your money back as a result of going.

I'm not suggesting you just take this as a loss, just fully consider your options and the potential ramifications of all of them before you take any "next steps."

I guess I didnt explain it fully. First of all I wouldnt really drive to Richmond and confront him (i was joking & im a girl btw) so me showing up on his doorstep isnt going to scare him or accomplish much!! Second of all, we had an arrangement, he couldnt afford his tickets this year, so we agreed that I would call the ticket office and make the payment (which I did) and then he would fax over the change of address form to the ticket office and list my address as the mailing address so the tickets would come directly to me. He didnt tell the ticket office anything because he could lose his tickets. I didnt start this post to stir the pot or anything, I was looking to see if anyone knew him or knew how to contact him, because he did not change the address, he hasnt responded to pm's and his cell phone is no longer in service. I know alot of people on this board are also friends off the boards, so I was hoping to find someone that may know how to contact him.

First of all I wouldnt really drive to Richmond and confront him (i was joking & im a girl btw) so me showing up on his doorstep isnt going to scare him or accomplish much!!

Duly noted. :)

Second of all, we had an arrangement, he couldnt afford his tickets this year, so we agreed that I would call the ticket office and make the payment (which I did) and then he would fax over the change of address form to the ticket office and list my address as the mailing address so the tickets would come directly to me. He didnt tell the ticket office anything because he could lose his tickets.

First, is there a contract or was this done orally? Second, why would he have agreed to enter this transaction if he realized he couldn't tell the ticket office anything, and thus couldn't enter this transaction? That doesn't make sense to me.

I didnt start this post to stir the pot or anything, I was looking to see if anyone knew him or knew how to contact him, because he did not change the address, he hasnt responded to pm's and his cell phone is no longer in service. I know alot of people on this board are also friends off the boards, so I was hoping to find someone that may know how to contact him.

I wasn't saying that you posted this thread to stir the pot, what I meant by "stir the pot" was to say that if you find that he doesn't pay, then I suggest you pursue avenues other than lawyers or the cops to get your tickets back. Further, given that any agreement dealing with the assignment of tickets is potentially unenforceable because of the terms of the contract between the seller and the 'Skins, it might make sense to avoid lawyers and/or cops for that reason as well.

Best of luck SFD. :)

I guess I didnt explain it fully. First of all I wouldnt really drive to Richmond and confront him (i was joking & im a girl btw) so me showing up on his doorstep isnt going to scare him or accomplish much!!

Actually it could - you could go all Ginger from Gilligan's Island on him. Lovingly stroke his hair and whisper in his ear. I'm sure he'll turn the tickets over right away. :)

Duly noted. :)

First, is there a contract or was this done orally? Second, why would he have agreed to enter this transaction if he realized he couldn't tell the ticket office anything, and thus couldn't enter this transaction? That doesn't make sense to me.

I wasn't saying that you posted this thread to stir the pot, what I meant by "stir the pot" was to say that if you find that he doesn't pay, then I suggest you pursue avenues other than lawyers or the cops to get your tickets back. Further, given that any agreement dealing with the assignment of tickets is potentially unenforceable because of the terms of the contract between the seller and the 'Skins, it might make sense to avoid lawyers and/or cops for that reason as well.

Best of luck SFD. :)

What to LAWYERS know about the LAW??? :rolleyes:

I still stand my suggestion of breaking out the torches and pitchforks and having a good old fashioned mob-style storming of his castle.

Archived