Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I REALLY hope Archuletta pulls of one of these this season...

[[ghost]]

You are not down unless your knee is on the ground, you have possesion of the football and are being touched by a member of the other team.

Although at one time during that play any 2 of those things could have been occuring, never once did all 3 occur at once - hence he is not ruled down.

You are not down unless your knee is on the ground, you have possesion of the football and are being touched by a member of the other team.

Although at one time during that play any 2 of those things could have been occuring, never once did all 3 occur at once - hence he is not ruled down.

good point. at the point pittman falls off of him, arch is gathering the ball from his side up to his body, so it appears possession wasnt established til he pulled it in.

You forget that if that play happens while Archuleta is with the Redskins (particularly against America's Team), they'd rule him down by contact. The refs and the league hate us that much.

You forget that if that play happens while Archuleta is with the Redskins (particularly against America's Team), they'd rule him down by contact. The refs and the league hate us that much.

Very true there. :applause:

it was an average play....Arch got lucky...nothing to do with skill

What about that was average?!

I don't think I've ever seen a DB tackle a RB, strip a RB, recover the fumble, get up and run untouched 90 yards for a score.

Is it just me, or did Arch look really fast on that run?

Oh man. We have a couple of HAMMERS back there. Muahahahahahah.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope they don't seriously hurt anyone...

At first, I agreed with what you said about Taylor and Archuletta not hurting anyone. But then I remembered that we play Dallas twice. I can honestly say I wouldn't exactly lose any sleep if they hurt T.O. :D

At first, I agreed with what you said about Taylor and Archuletta not hurting anyone. But then I remembered that we play Dallas twice. I can honestly say I wouldn't exactly lose any sleep if they hurt T.O. :D

Sometimes there are exceptions.

Wow. Like most of the posters, I'm amazed at how fast he is - the play is great, but the run I thought really showed off what he'll be able to do blitzing for Gregg Williams this year. Those schemes and that acceleration? Watch out.

:cheers: I had no idea he was that fast.

BTW, what year was that?

It was 2004.

But he isn't that fast. The video is stretched out horizontally and Brian Griese is chasing him. Archuleta was a linebacker at Arizona State, so he isn't one of the speedier safeties in the league.

It was 2004.

But he isn't that fast. The video is stretched out horizontally and Brian Griese is chasing him. Archuleta was a linebacker at Arizona State, so he isn't one of the speedier safeties in the league.

Well, he did run a around a 4.38 forty, which I don't think is too slow. What's your definition of speed?

Archived