Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nightmares & Dreamscapes Tonight

pez

Anybody watching this tonight? TNT has a 4 week mini-series based upon Stephen King's book Nightmares & Dreamscapes. Tonights episodes will be Battleground and Crouch End. The first story will be aired completely free of commercials. I enjoyed the book and hope the series turns out well...

"Battlegrounds" was in the book Night Shift.

"Autopsy Room Four" & "The Road Virus Heads North" were in Everything's Eventual

TNT link:

http://alt.tnt.tv/nightmares/home.html

Story lineups:

Tonight:

Battlegrounds 9pm

Crouch End 10pm

Wednesday, July 19

Umney’s Last Case 9pm

The End of the Whole Mess 10pm

Wednesday, July 26

The Road Virus Heads North 9pm

The Fifth Quarter 10pm

Wednesday, August 2

Autopsy Room Four 9pm

You Know They Got A Hell of a Band 10pm

Enjoy!!!

:logo:

It may have been because there was not word spoken during the entire story...

I was referring more to the fact that he could've just stomped them all to hell, but instead kept trying to get cute. But, I'm sure the book is much better.

I was referring more to the fact that he could've just stomped them all to hell, but instead kept trying to get cute. But, I'm sure the book is much better.

I thought the same thing when I first read the story years ago. But then a girlfriend of mine at the time asked me to think about three things:

1. At first, the man didn't take the threat seriously, and was kind of "playing" with them. And by the time realized he was in serious danger, it was too late to "stomp" them.

2. Being a hit man is not the same as being a soldier.

3. Do you really want to expose the "family jewels" to a surface to air missile?

Just food for thought from 1984. :)

I still have to see the adaptation.....

:logo:

I only saw the second one, but it was terrible.

King's work often translates to the screen badly.

I actually found the second one SLIGHTLY more enjoyable than the first. It left me asking myself questions and actually thinking, whereas the first just pissed me off (*remembers yelling at the screen "Put down the pseudo-blowtorch and stomp them!*). Also, it helps to know that King probably went into much more detail than they are providing on the screen. All in all, slightly disappointed so far. IT was King's "made for TV" masterpiece.

I actually found the second one SLIGHTLY more enjoyable than the first. It left me asking myself questions and actually thinking, whereas the first just pissed me off (*remembers yelling at the screen "Put down the pseudo-blowtorch and stomp them!*). Also, it helps to know that King probably went into much more detail than they are providing on the screen. All in all, slightly disappointed so far. IT was King's "made for TV" masterpiece.

The Stand was also a good TV series as well...

The Stand was also a good TV series as well...

Good point. Except, I hated the ending. But, I hate most of M. Knight Shamylan's movies, but I still see every single one, so go figure.

Well, tonight is part 2 of the series, right? Does anyone have any opinions on tonights episodes (assuming you've read the stories before)?

Archived