Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mitchell and Ness Sonny Jurgensen Jersey

fuji869

cot damn, that jersey is the TRUTH

too bad the truth costs $300 :mad:

Mitchell and Ness make the best throwback jerseys in the business! They are made to the exact specifications to the jerseys of there respective era.

You are right too bad the cost just a little too much. :doh:

Mitchell and Ness make the best throwback jerseys in the business! They are made to the exact specifications to the jerseys of there respective era.

You are right too bad the cost just a little too much. :doh:

true, true, and I know one day I'm just gonna break down and cop one

I'm not too interested in buying eBay rip offs anyways (the alternative to shelling out the $250 - $300)

I heard that they might be coming out with a D. Green jersey as well...

Now that might be worth $275......until then I'll be sticking to ebay and the "authentics" there (BTW look around ebay, I got what appears to be a M&N Williams jersey for about $50 and if it's a knockoff it sure would fool me)

I'm not too interested in buying eBay rip offs anyways (the alternative to shelling out the $250 - $300)

I'm in the other school. I've always seen $250-$300 for any jersey a complete rip off.

I don't have any problem with anyone who does spend that on a jersey. I just won't do it myself. To each his own.

:cheers:

for that kind of dough, it would have to be burgandy

I hear you. It is kind of funny, the Joe Theismann Jersey is burgundy and should be white and the Sonny Jersey will be white and should be burgundy.

I am still contemplating it. :whoknows:

If you think of it as an investment, it's not so bad. If you take care of it, you can sell it later and it'll end up costing you less than that Ramsey or Arrington replica you bought two years ago.

I seldom disagree with you but I have to this time. Authentic jerseys are simply a very bad investment. Their only real value is to the person who bought it. Very few if any authentic jerseys can be resold at a later date for any profit unless signed by the player.

Buy the jersey if you personally feel it is important to have an "authentic jersey". But even as you have pointed out, "authentic jerseys" are really not "authentic".....they are just a consumer sized jersey that closely resembles what the player wore.

As for the white jersey....I would never buy it. I will always remember Sonny wearing Burgundy. Now if they sold a Burgundy jersey........nah.....I'll wait for the ebay knockoff. $275 is too much to pay for any shirt.....even a Redskins jersey.

Ran across this today:

Mitchell and Ness is taking pre-orders for there 1974 Sonny Jurgensen Jersey. Should be nice but M&N makes pretty jerseys. Only $275.00. :D

FSWR74W09_W.jpg

I just went to their web site and sent them an email. I told them it was wonderful they were offering a Sonny Jurgensen jersey but that they had the wrong color. Told them they would sell a lot more if offered in burgundy. Summed up my email by telling them whoever chose white for the jersey color knows nothing about Redskins history.

I seldom disagree with you but I have to this time. Authentic jerseys are simply a very bad investment. Their only real value is to the person who bought it. Very few if any authentic jerseys can be resold at a later date for any profit unless signed by the player.

Buy the jersey if you personally feel it is important to have an "authentic jersey". But even as you have pointed out, "authentic jerseys" are really not "authentic".....they are just a consumer sized jersey that closely resembles what the player wore.

As for the white jersey....I would never buy it. I will always remember Sonny wearing Burgundy. Now if they sold a Burgundy jersey........nah.....I'll wait for the ebay knockoff. $275 is too much to pay for any shirt.....even a Redskins jersey.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mean to imply you could or should invest in jerseys for profit. I'm saying if you do, and you buy an authentic jersey of a retired stand-out Redskins player, you can get close to what you paid, as opposed to dropping $75 on a replica of some current player. For example, I have an authentic #81 never worn, still new with tags, purchased at RFK stadium in the early 90s for $70 (back then, authentics were actually authentic, they were even made in the USA). I also have a Marshall gamer purchased at the stadium store for $89.95. I also have a Brunell gamer, whom I pray retires as a Redskin, lol. I bet I could sell those and get my money back easy. On the other hand, my Arrington and Ramsey replicas are worth maybe ten bucks.

Regarding the Jurgensen, $275 is a boat load of money. I agree, I personally wouldn't spend that much. But if a limited number of them are made, they would become collectors items, and they may very well retain their value over time.

I like Sonny. But I wouldn't want a white because he didn't wear white at home, and I wouldn't want a burgundy, because the Redskins today don't wear burgundy at home. So I guess I won't be buying a Jurgensen.

I just went to their web site and sent them an email. I told them it was wonderful they were offering a Sonny Jurgensen jersey but that they had the wrong color. Told them they would sell a lot more if offered in burgundy. Summed up my email by telling them whoever chose white for the jersey color knows nothing about Redskins history.

Did you hear back from them?

Now that might be worth $275......until then I'll be sticking to ebay and the "authentics" there (BTW look around ebay, I got what appears to be a M&N Williams jersey for about $50 and if it's a knockoff it sure would fool me)

Here is my knock off 1987 Doug Williams Mitchell and Ness Jersey, one of the $50.00 variety from eBay. This is actually one of the better knock offs; it is all mesh like the Redskin Jerseys in 1987 but the numbers are sewn on and when Doug Williams played they were press on.

I put the Super Bowl XXII patch on later (would not on a real $275.00 M&N Jersey). I know that they did not have the Super Bowl Patches on the jerseys during Super Bowl XXII but I thought it would be a cool addition. I only wear this jersey during my Super Bowl Party.

DWilliamsBack-1.jpgDWilliamsFront-1.jpgSuperBowlXXII.jpg

Archived