Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting comment on Lloyd's potential-PFW espn chat

aqq

stan (the man): Is it just me, or does anyone else have a feeling Brandon Lloyd will out-produce Santana Moss in Washington this year? The guy has the best hands in the league.

sn2.gifMike Holbrook: (4:44 PM ET ) Stan: Lloyd does indeed have tremendous hands, but he also hasn't shown the toughness or dedication that Santana Moss has. If Al Saunders and the Redskins' coaching staff can get him to put forth a consistent effort, then I think you'd be right. However, he hasn't done that thus far in his career and as a result, you have to give Moss the edge for producing two excellent seasons already in his young career

The knock on Lloydd is crap... How did he have a "lack of love for the game?" Who is telling people this? It's totally unsubstantiated and just mimicking garbage spewed from other "opinionators"... The guy has "big play" ability and fantastic upside potential. Given the right pieces around him, we got a steal.

The knock on Lloydd is crap... How did he have a "lack of love for the game?" Who is telling people this? It's totally unsubstantiated and just mimicking garbage spewed from other "opinionators"... The guy has "big play" ability and fantastic upside potential. Given the right pieces around him, we got a steal.

I think u missed the point of the statement. He is basically saying that Lloyd has about as much talent as Moss and that the knock on him has been that he has no dedication towards the game. but i guess we will see this year

I can't see how anyone could say Lloyd doesn't have a love for the game and desire to win. His comments right when he arrived here showed he was thrilled to be part of a professional frachise and he talked a lot about how he admired Al Saunders. He clearly stated that he wants to win and be a team player. All of that sounds like your typical positive attitude that all new players say, but listening to him talk, you could tell that he was truly excited and thrilled to be here.

I'm thrilled he is here. I wanted him here before the season ended last year. I thought he was an unrestricted FA and was hoping we would get him. It turned out that he wasn't and I really didn't think we would be able to get him. I was thrilled when our brilliant HC found a way to get a deal done. :cheers:

I'm the first guy on the B Lloyd bandwagon, I am just telling you guys that the consensus on his atitude he does not have great desire for the game...thats all. I think he will prove the media wrong once he plays for a winning squad (Skins)

It's hard to read Lloyd. He's enthusiastic and pumped, but talks a lot about himself. He loves football, but thinks he's a rockstar. He's got great hands, but he dropped simple catches in SF. He's a team player, but his SF teammates had reservations about him.

The jury is out on him, IMHO. He's got to prove himself on the field, opposite Moss in the NFC East. He's got to willing to block Strahan, or take a shot from Kearse. He's got to make that TD in the dying seconds and hold on the ball inbounds against someone like Champ Bailey. Then he's a keeper. Until then he's just a rising star that's got potential.

Hope he can tear up the division. Would be fun to see Lloyd and Moss bring out the best in each other. "Hey, Brunell, I was wide open, Man! They can't touch me. It's a sure thing"

The knock on Lloyd has always been his heart...he has loads of talent, hopefully his lack of love for the game came from being in the miserable SF situation.

Thats what Brandon Lloyd said during his introduction press conferance wasn't it?

Brandon Lloyd is gonna come out big this season and prove everybody wrong just like how Chris Cooley(to slow to be a recieving threat), Clinton Portis(system running back), and Santana Moss(soft, injury prone reciever) did.

I haven't repeated myself on this for many weeks so, so it’s due: I watched most of the SF games last year because one of my buds is a die-hard SF fan (and a great BBQ'er). Lloyd was so good I used to talk about how there would be no chacne of them letting him go and us getting him on here, even before the end of last season :D .

There was nothing I saw that looked like he was anything but a hard player and willing to sacrifice himself. Some plays were so broken at QB or LOS that it might have looked (only a couple times) like he pulled up, but he was making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear over and over again when I watched him. Almost all the negatives I have heard seem to be woven almost entirely out of thin air based on really following him and his local media coverage last season.

I think we're going to be in for a real treat with Lloyd. :)

Thats what Brandon Lloyd said during his introduction press conferance wasn't it?

Brandon Lloyd is gonna come out big this season and prove everybody wrong just like how Chris Cooley(to slow to be a recieving threat), Clinton Portis(system running back), and Santana Moss(soft, injury prone reciever) did.

I don't think anyone could have stated it better. :cheers:

I always thought the knock on Lloyd was lack of ideal speed/quickness. I dont see him outproducing Santana, but if he can be one of the better #2 WRs in the league I will be very, very happy. Those two could be our Holt and Bruce for the next 5 years (with Randle El playing the Az Hakim role) :)

I haven't repeated myself on this for many weeks so, so it’s due: I watched most of the SF games last year because one of my buds is a die-hard SF fan (and a great BBQ'er). Lloyd was so good I used to talk about how there would be no chacne of them letting him go and us getting him on here, even before the end of last season :D .

There was nothing I saw that looked like he was anything but a hard player and willing to sacrifice himself. Some plays were so broken at QB or LOS that it might have looked (only a couple times) like he pulled up, but he was making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear over and over again when I watched him. Almost all the negatives I have heard seem to be woven almost entirely out of thin air based on really following him and his local media coverage last season.

I think we're going to be in for a real treat with Lloyd. :)

This makes me even more excited about Lloyd...he is gunna be nasty, tempted to get myself a Lloyd 85.

:applause: :applause:

It is just like the "He drops the easy passes" thing, which for all purposes can be said about 90% of WRs in their first 2 years (Rice, TO, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss etc) they all, in varying degrees with TO and Rice being slammed the biggest, were said to "drop the easy ones".

It is the WR equivilent of a linebacker overpursuing a RB, thats all. And last year, Lloyd had one of the lowest Dropped Catchable ball %s in the league.

The heart thing on the other hand... it is just a way to diss a guy. That he got frustrated playing with Alex Smith, who had the worst rookie season EVER of a QB who started that much? Its not like he was going all Randy and Terrell on him.

I always thought the knock on Lloyd was lack of ideal speed/quickness. I dont see him outproducing Santana, but if he can be one of the better #2 WRs in the league I will be very, very happy. Those two could be our Holt and Bruce for the next 5 years (with Randle El playing the Az Hakim role) :)

You've said that twice, yet I have yet to read it in any other scouting report / newspaper / media.

Other than Madden downgrading his speed from 90 to 88 last year, I don't know what you could be possibly basing that on. He is no Santana, Galloway, Harrison, Holt, but there aren't that many guys that fast who can actually play WR, ya know?

:cheers:

to exceed the season that Moss had in 2005 given the lack of support at WR would truly be a season to behold :)

remember that Moss' numbers broke records that had held up here since Bobby Mitchell was a Redskin back in the 1960's................

Archived