Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Building Collapses in NYC

Rumrunner6900

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13801112/?GT1=8307

MSNBC staff and news service reports

Updated: 4 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A three-story building in midtown Manhattan collapsed and burned Monday morning after what witnesses said was a thunderous explosion that rocked the neighborhood.

New York Fire Department Chief Sal Cassano said one person had been located under the rubble and was given oxygen while crews work to dig him out.

Link for rest of article.....

That doesnt sound like too much fun...amazing someone is alive though!

What do you want to guess that they just paid up their insurance policy :paranoid:

That may explain this....

Amazing that only one person was in that building at the time....

The article did say it was a smaller buliding in between 2 larger ones....perhaps it was time for a new building to match the larger ones, and oops....kaboom.

This is one of those times where I wish the media would put the brakes on. If this just happened, no one knows why. I doubt that the investigations are even truly underway, so to speculate whether this was terrorism, insurance, faulty manintence, suicide, or whatever is irresponsible in my opinion.

This is one of those times where I wish the media would put the brakes on. If this just happened, no one knows why. I doubt that the investigations are even truly underway, so to speculate whether this was terrorism, insurance, faulty manintence, suicide, or whatever is irresponsible in my opinion.

Well, it appears there MAY BE evidence to support the suicide story...

A police official told The Associated Press that the lawyer for the doctor’s wife contacted police recently and said that she had received an e-mail from him in which the physician, 66-year-old Nicholas Bartha, indicated he was contemplating suicide.

He was going through a difficult divorce and was being forced to sell the building, and authorities believe the explosion may have be related to a suicide attempt, the police official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13801112/

Maybe so, but I would rather they spend the time and simply report the facts instead of speculating. What would be the harm in letting investigations going unencumbered and what's the real public advantage to jumping to conclusions. I understand the importance of breaking a story or being first, but patience and fact checking and gettting it right is important too. Often, it is the rush to judgement that causes more damage, than the illusory media bias.

Archived