Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buying End of Year Model Cars

endzone_dave

My wife and I are about to buy an '06 Acura MDX. I thought maybe we should wait a little longer to see if we can get a better deal but I'm afraid if we wait too long, our options will run out. Any advice on when to pull the trigger?

Also, any advice on the best way to bargain for the best price would help. I'm impulsive and gullible (not a good combo).

hmm... i did the same for a toyota echo eventhough not in the same class.. we drove a hard bargain at the darcars in silver spring.. tag was at 11,500 but we told 8000 with tags.. they told us 8000 without any tags...

be sure to have ur price include tags b/c that will be about anohter 500-1000

My wife and I are about to buy an '06 Acura MDX. I thought maybe we should wait a little longer to see if we can get a better deal but I'm afraid if we wait too long, our options will run out. Any advice on when to pull the trigger?

Also, any advice on the best way to bargain for the best price would help. I'm impulsive and gullible (not a good combo).

it's a good move, but keep in mind that the car depreciates at least an additional $3,000 once the '07's are out and beat the dealer up for that too.

the last three new cars I bought over the phone and fax. I made an offer and told the salesperson if he could do it, then I'd buy the car. I gave them an "out the door" price that I'd pay, if they said yes then I'd have them send me a contract by fax before I will go down to the dealership.

Tell them to have all the paper work ready including your loan if you're getting one thru them. That way you can cut down the time spent at the dealer to 30-45 minutes instead some ungodly 2-3 hours.

I bought the dealer demo car. 2003 Nissan Max, right when the new body style came out. I got a kick ass deal, and the car is great.

My old man has an MDX. I love that thing.

Archived