Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network...Good or Bad Programming

pjfootballer

I just wanted to know if everyone out there who gets the NFL network is satisfied with the off-season programming. I think it stinks. I love women and all, but if I see "making of the Buccaneers Cheerleaders" on more time, I'll explode.

The NFL has decades of films in their vault, but refuse to show any of them. I know it will get better once the season begins, but I'd rather watch old highlight films and team films than one more repeat of cheerleaders.

They could really use new staff in their programming department.

I mean, they repeat the same 3 hour primetime block (the before total access, TA, and after TA)

THREE HOURS!

I'm sure they have plenty of gems. It really shouldn't be hard to unleash their vault of footage and still get people to tune in.

But I have about 50 NFL VHS films that are an hour apeice (greatest QB's, RB's, Hardest hitters, crunch time) that they could show instead of the same old tired crap. They do show some of their "classic NFL Films" hour long programs, but I would love to see more game action. If I wanted boobs bouncing on the screen all day, I'll subscribe to the Playboy channel. ;):D

NFL network's programming sucks! It's always Patriots games it seems like. The cheerleader show is fun at first, but isn't interesting after the first episode or two. Also, they always run blocks of the same exact shows almost every day. Can we get some old Superbowl games in there, or at least some classic match-ups? All they are doing on that station is marketing the teams that are the most popular, in essence, they are marketing to bandwagon fans, not football fans.

What I have said before is that since NFL network can do regional programming, they should show only games, camps, etc. of the teams in each region. Either that or Snyder needs to create an all-redskins channel. That would be sweet and I don't think I'd would watch much else t.v. (or get anything else done for that matter)

I just wanted to know if everyone out there who gets the NFL network is satisfied with the off-season programming. I think it stinks. I love women and all, but if I see "making of the Buccaneers Cheerleaders" on more time, I'll explode.

I think you're absolutely right. It's been 40 years since the merger, there are innumerable ways they could arrange programming on teams, backs, coaches, etc. to have worthwhile programming especially during the offseason. It is just the SOS you see elsewhere but with a NFL theme.

By and large, the NFL Network is a disappointment. It's programming is terrible. When they show NFL Films stuff, they're fine. But overall they are not as good as they should be.

But I will say this, their moment in the sun is coming up in about a month. The NFL Network is at it's absolute best during preseason. They will show every preseason game pretty much around the clock and it's great to be able to watch all the teams and to see how some of the high profile rookies do in their first live action.

The NFL has decades of films in their vault, but refuse to show any of them. I know it will get better once the season begins, but I'd rather watch old highlight films and team films than one more repeat of cheerleaders.

It really doesn't bother me, being that there's a lot of other programming on TV. The NFL total access show is pretty nice. I'm waiting for them to show new season recaps.

Good but could be better

I think the biggest issue is the fact that they are not able to show a lot of the older NFL stuff due to the fact that ESPN Classic has much of the rights to it already

If NFL Network could get that stuff back, they wouldn't have to repeat much of the same things they show already so much

i agree. they show the same thing all week long. they show total access all morning long. the same game f the week every other 4 hours. i was watching a few weeks back they showed an actual and entire game from last year. they should do dat more often.

By and large, the NFL Network is a disappointment. It's programming is terrible. When they show NFL Films stuff, they're fine. But overall they are not as good as they should be.

But I will say this, their moment in the sun is coming up in about a month. The NFL Network is at it's absolute best during preseason. They will show every preseason game pretty much around the clock and it's great to be able to watch all the teams and to see how some of the high profile rookies do in their first live action.

this is what I'm counting on. - I just got Direct TV a few weeks ago and one of the big reasons was so I could get NFL Network.

...but I have noticed the NFL apparrel commercial with the fake mascot in the Eagles locker room is pretty much shown every commercial break.:twitch:

Archived