Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

Anyone see the E:60 piece on Dana. It was actually pretty good.

It was good. Only thing that surprised me was Militich's comments. I know he isn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but for a respectful guy he really had some strong words for Dana. Never knew about them feuding.

But in the grand scheme of things, I like that the UFC taking over and forming a monopoly. I think it's a good thing. Nobody complains about the other pro sports that have a dominating league. It seems to me as the sport grows, people in different organizations aren't content with knowing their roles. They all want an elite org, and aren't content with being a sort of "minor" league. You can't blame Dana, what is he supposed to do? Let off the gas so the other promotions can catch up? Wonder if Dale Earnhardt would do the same if he was smoking the field, or if Bill Gates will hold off on his new microprocessor so Apple can gain some ground. I've always liked Dana White, even if I disagree with him sometimes.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
Evans, Edgar, and Serra are all about 2-1 underdogs. Those fights are closer than that. Not bad plays.

even though i think machida will win, at 2-1 i would be tempted to lay money on Rashad

he could lose the first 4 rounds of the fight, and still land that one hitter-quitter to end things

Edgar got pushed around by Maynard because of his size, i see the same thing with Sherk, not to mention sherk probably has the better standup game of the two. Serra is a great bet at 2-1, i'm actually thinking he'll find a way to win that fight

Edited by StillUnknown
It was good. Only thing that surprised me was Militich's comments. I know he isn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but for a respectful guy he really had some strong words for Dana. Never knew about them feuding.

But in the grand scheme of things, I like that the UFC taking over and forming a monopoly. I think it's a good thing. Nobody complains about the other pro sports that have a dominating league. It seems to me as the sport grows, people in different organizations aren't content with knowing their roles. They all want an elite org, and aren't content with being a sort of "minor" league. You can't blame Dana, what is he supposed to do? Let off the gas so the other promotions can catch up? Wonder if Dale Earnhardt would do the same if he was smoking the field, or if Bill Gates will hold off on his new microprocessor so Apple can gain some ground. I've always liked Dana White, even if I disagree with him sometimes.

I agree with you. If there were one American MMA org like there are with the major sports that would be awesome but by the nature of the sport it will never happen. The UFC is going to keep moving forward here and dominate the US,Canada. Mexico, some of Europe and South America.

Japan is the only country that I could see having a solid market of their own that could compete with the UFC, just because the nature of their fans/culture.

even though i think machida will win, at 2-1 i would be tempted to lay money on Rashad

he could lose the first 4 rounds of the fight, and still land that one hitter-quitter to end things

I can't believe Rashad is the underdog in that fight. I see it being even. Like you said Rashad can end this fight in one punch easily, so Machida had better be thinking stoppage and not to outpoint him for 5 rounds.

Chuck Liddel and Chris cooley singin with journey cover band.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0gQEKM8Uy8&feature=player_embedded

:laugh: This needs to go to the stadium.

I can't believe Rashad is the underdog in that fight. I see it being even. Like you said Rashad can end this fight in one punch easily, so Machida had better be thinking stoppage and not to outpoint him for 5 rounds.

i think its going to be closer fight than most, but i can understand why Rashad is the underdog. Machida has yet to lose around in the UFC, he has this aura of invincibility since nobody has been able to figure out his style yet.

Rashad on the other hand, has lost rounds before. people know he has weaknesses, so its easier to lay down money on Machida.

personally i'm actually more impressed that Rashad, despite his weaknesses, is still undefeated.

personally i'm actually more impressed that Rashad, despite his weaknesses, is still undefeated.

I think more than anything it's Greg Jackson bringing out the best fighter in Rashad. It's hard to argue that they don't have the best camp in MMA these days and they always, always, always have a strategy.

That's why I'm looking forward to this one so much because I want to see what their strategy is for Machida. He's such a tough fighter to gameplan for.

SHO MMA: Strikeforce Challengers tomorrow on Showtime at 11pm(est) (no big names, mainly up and coming prospects)

Main Card Bouts:

-Billy Evangelista (9-0) vs. Mike Aina (11-6-1)

-Sarah Kaufman (8-0) vs. Meisha Tate (5-1)

-Lavar Johnson (11-3) vs. George Bush (5-1)

-Aaron Rosa (11-2) vs. Anthony Ruiz (21-12)

-Bao Quach (15-9-1) vs. Tito Jones (6-2)

interesting career change :laugh:

Edited by StillUnknown
Why is Dana White so scared of RJJ? And is it me, or is Dana an obnoxious SOB sometimes?

I STILL want Carano vs. Cyborg :mad:

RJJ in an MMA match cheapens the sport, he'd be killed in MMA match (although i suspect Anderson would only choose to box him to finally get his wish, in which case RJJ would kill Anderson)

Dana is an obnoxious SOB all of the time

Carano/Cyborg will happen, they will fight sometime later this year probably

Why is Dana White so scared of RJJ? And is it me, or is Dana an obnoxious SOB sometimes?

I STILL want Carano vs. Cyborg :mad:

RJJ would be too much of a freak match for Dana. They've done a good job of staying away from things like that in the UFC. Even to the point where a catch weight fight is shocking for them.

Honestly though, RJJ would get killed in an MMA match. And if you mean why is he scared of letting Anderson box him, then it's because he doesn't want his #1 fighter to get his ass kicked in a boxing match.

kimbo is talking about turning pro boxer.

really? he has NO stamina so how in the hell is he going to box?

Who knows. HW's aren't stamina machines but Kimbo has bad stamina for a HW boxer even.

I just don't understand why he let one TKO make him give up on MMA. What's going to happen in boxing when he gets KO'd? Is he going to try his hand at K1?

Gamepro.com: UFC Undisputed Review

Instead of a watered-down product that tried too hard to appeal to a mass market audience, Undisputed manages to remain 100% faithful to the product and look spectacular while doing so. It not only manages to deliver the game the UFC faithful have been longing for but adds an entirely unique and excellent experience to the broader fighting game genre, which is why it's also a title that non-MMA fans should look into.

first review of UFC Undisputed, Gamepro gives it 5 stars and made it an "Editor's Choice"

*patiently waits for tuesday*

here's another link with more info about the content of the game: UFC 2009 Undisputed Poised to KO the Competition

Edited by StillUnknown