Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yeah dude, Pouya Rebek is the impersonator and he impersonates a ton of fighters. You gotta watch the Jon Jones/Anderson Silva SAW cartoon from last year, before Anderson first lost to Weidman. In the second vid he does a ton of his impersonations in person on the MMA Hour. My favorite is his Walid Ismail, kills me every time.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Yea, the Anderson impersonation is hilarious.

On one hand, it kind of sounds accurate.

But on the other hand, it sounds like a man trying to impersonate a woman's voice.

It's too high-pitched for Anderson. He's high, but not that high.

It reminds me of those Telemundo or Univision shows, that have the male Latino actors, dressed up in women's clothes, and trying to talk like women. (and I realize Anderson is not technically Latino)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I appreciate all the highlights provided here of the Nelson fight, since I missed that card.

But could someone fill me in on the Guida fight ?

Through summary, and/or video and/or gifs/pics ?

Was it the typical random/awkward/dancing Guida, or did he engage much ?

It received "fight of the night", apparently there were a few good grappling exchanges. On twitter, nobody complained about the result and most seemed pretty relieved that "Dancing" Guida stayed home for the most part.

Edited by StillUnknown

It received "fight of the night", apparently there were a few good grappling exchanges. On twitter, nobody complained about the result and most seemed pretty relieved that "Dancing" Guida stayed home for the most part.

It was actually a really good fight. As you say, some great grappling and some impressive throws and slams by both guys. Guida even dropped Kawajiri with an overhead right in the first, although he went for his back instead of following it with punches, which was a mistake in hindsight. But that was the best Guida has looked in a while, IMO. AND Kawajiri was pretty good himself. It was an entertaining fight.

Edited by lovetoaster

And I meant to watch GLORY last night on Spike...now I am not that upset that I missed it. I am assuming you guys saw or heard about Spong breaking his leg against Saki. Anderson Silva-esque. I have heard some backlash today against the one-night tournaments after that injury, and I suppose it makes sense if that was an injury that could have carried over from the first fight and got much worse in the second one.

TUF Nations Finale is tomorrow night on FS1:

Bisping vs. Kennedy

Cote vs. Noke

Stout vs. Noons

Poirier vs. Corassani

And several fights between the TUF contestants. I actually enjoyed this season of TUF. Good prospects coming in to the UFC. Noke and Cote were classy, as were their fighters. Less drama, more about the fights.

It was actually a really good fight. As you say, some great grappling and some impressive throws and slams by both guys. Guida even dropped Kawajiri with an overhead right in the first, although he went for his back instead of following it with punches, which was a mistake in hindsight. But that was the best Guida has looked in a while, IMO. AND Kawajiri was pretty good himself. It was an entertaining fight.

I was able to find the full fight, and watch it. It was indeed quite entertaining.

It was interesting also to see Guida interviewed and "accept the challenge" from Conor McGregor, who apparently had called him out previously. This is the guy that quite a few fighters said could beat Aldo, including Florian, who has fought Aldo.

Jimmo & Noons get KO wins.

Got hone early today to meet a contractor for a quote, flipped on the TV & saw ALL the prelims, even the fight pass fights thanks to the Canadian Sportsnet UFC deal. They even showed Nog Nelson, but only live, no primerime replay.

1st of 5 Canadian events this year in Quebec City, about 150 miles northeast of Montreal that has 300year old fort walls surrounding the city center, or centre as us Canadians like to say.