Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Lawler is more technical and has the higher workrate of the two. Ellenberger has dynamite in his hands though, so he always has a shot. I think Lawler could implement the same strategy Rory used to beat Ellenberger. Kind of amazing that in today's MMA a fighter can still be completely neutralized with a jab.

Paul Harris claimed another leg tonight in just over a minute:

http://cdn.fansided.com/gif/Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

Marlon Moraes put on a striking exhibition that would make Aldo smile. Should have been a (T)KO by due to leg kicks but the ref was an idiot and his corner was criminal. Moraes actually showed mercy in the 4th and 5th, he didn't want to cripple the guy he was fighting.

Hopefully Moraes can get to the UFC sometime soon, he could make some noise at 135. The UFC desperately needs fresh faces for Barao.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Eddie Bravo just dominated Royler Gracie at their Metamoris rematch.

Why was I not aware of this? Wow.

I would've predicted that outcome. Bravo is still such a jiu jitsu nerd, and Royler has sort of been out of the scene, prolly enjoying retirement. I really enjoy watching his fight with Sakuraba.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Why was I not aware of this? Wow.

I would've predicted that outcome. Bravo is still such a jiu jitsu nerd, and Royler has sort of been out of the scene, prolly enjoying retirement. I really enjoy watching his fight with Sakuraba.

Yeah, Bravo gets a lot of flak but his first win was legit. Royler has been saying that it was a fluke since it happened. 

I should clarify that the match was technically a draw, but it appears that if no submission occurs then they default to a draw. As all matches last night were draws except for the Gui Mendes and Keenan Cornelius matches which ended in subs. However, Eddie dominated the match, especially with his HG (electric chair) sweeps. He also had some calf slicer/neck crank attempts that looked deep..

Eddie_Bravo_vs._Royler_Gracie_1.gif

Eddie_Bravo_vs._Royler_Gracie_2.gif

Eddie_Bravo_vs._Royler_Gracie_4.gif

Eddie_Bravo_vs._Royler_Gracie_5.gif

Eddie_Bravo_vs._Royler_Gracie_3.gif

Edited by #98QBKiller

Hendo has been so slow out of the gate lately. Probably because of gassing in Shogun 1. He has got to get after it. Throw the right hand all the time, shamelessly, and I can see him winning by KO.

Cormier via decision.

Edit - Just watched Bravo/Royler II. Eddie's game is so fun to watch. The fact that he prefers half guard as a starting position is so boss. That lockdown is amazing, as was the fact that Royler didn't tap to the calf crank. Wonder if he can walk right now.

I think Gina Carano is coming back to MMA. She was on Aresino Hall looking like a friggin' goddess. She's going to have to lose a lot of love padding though. That is, if the intentions are for her to fight at 135.

Also, Dana basically damned Cyborg's chances of fighting in the UFC, saying she will be mismanaged her entire career.

Would like to see Holly Holm fight a girl like Jessica Eye or Racquel Pennington. Get that chick a few tuneups, another year of practicing takedown and armbar defense, and I can see her rocking Ronda.

Where has the UFC been? Fight Pass? Is this 2010? Cards every two weeks? I'm starving man, been watching Kazushi Sakuraba fights a few times a day. Watched Glover's UFC fights as well. The Bader fight is pretty awesome. Bader comes out super aggressive and Glover is on the defensive most of the time. Rolling with Bader's bombs and defending takedowns. Glover gets backed up against the fence and Bader tries tee'ing off. Glover takes all the shots and lands two of his own, Bader drops and turtles up. Glover is disguisted with himself and doesn't celebrate at all. That's hardcore.

I think Jones can finish Glover in the first round. Glover's striking defense is a little sketchy at times, and he's a pocket puncher going up against Gumby.

I realize he was boring, but one loss after a 4 fight win streak gets him cut?

UFC is less sport and more entertainment these days.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it probably had a lot to do with money as well. It is similar to the Fitch cut. If they are not title contenders, it is difficult to pay them like title contenders. I would not be shocked to see him back, but it probably won't be for the same deal.

Dana doesn't give us smoke breaks anymore.

How in the holy crap can you not have good boxing when you have the Diazes and Gil with you? Jake is an uncoordinated dude. Walks funny, strikes funny, dude needed to have someone tell him to loosen and limber up. Teach him how to throw a serious punch. Has Jake ever hit anybody hard?

That said, damn, that's a ruthless cut. Dana acts like a mob boss.

Big Nog is fighting Roy Nelson on Fight Pass soon. Congratulations, UFC, DREAM cards were easier to watch. At least they were on early in the morning on weekends. I watched Mousasi win that Dream tournament after partying my ass off. Perfect timing.

Go Nog.

Big Nog is fighting Roy Nelson on Fight Pass soon. Congratulations, UFC, DREAM cards were easier to watch. At least they were on early in the morning on weekends. I watched Mousasi win that Dream tournament after partying my ass off. Perfect timing.

Go Nog.

Yeah, I thought it was Saturday for weeks until I found out it was today a few days ago. I don't know if I will be able to watch it or not.

And I did the exact same thing for that DREAM tournament. And several other DREAM and K-1 cards. :)

Edited by lovetoaster

Go Nog.

I'm terrified for Nog.